Any Advice?

mckinnj

Awards
Hi, I have read this forum every day for about 7 or 8 months, but this is my first time posting. I am looking for advice from anyone who has had similar symptoms. I am 29 years old, and I have recently become a patient of Dr. John's. I have used steroids on and off starting about 6 years ago, and have had many complications since I stopped about 8 months ago. I had bloodwork done late December, but don't have the actual numbers (wouldn't understand them fully anyway). The good Dr tells me almost everything is normal (I remember Total T being around 600). My shbg was found to be on the highish end of normal, and of course Bioavailable T was on the lowish side. I am on treatment for the high shbg for about 1 week (I have read that Dr. John does not like his treatments posted so I will leave it out unless I get approval). Since stopping the steroids I have had fluctuations in my symptoms, ranging from feeling somewhat close to "normal" to feeling like I don't even have a set of twig and berries. When I'm feeling "bad" my penis feels shrunk with little sensation, along with shrunken testicles. I get morning wood most days, but on bad days it is very soft and does not last long. I have not had good libido since coming off steroids, and even when I feel "good" the erections are almost never strong. The treatment seemed to work for about five days, but the last 3 or four have been terrible again. Has anyone been through a similar scenario? Also, is it possible that my shbg level is normally high, and maybe I should normally have a higher total t to support this high shbg level? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank You in advance.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi, I have read this forum every day for about 7 or 8 months, but this is my first time posting. I am looking for advice from anyone who has had similar symptoms. I am 29 years old, and I have recently become a patient of Dr. John's. I have used steroids on and off starting about 6 years ago, and have had many complications since I stopped about 8 months ago. I had bloodwork done late December, but don't have the actual numbers (wouldn't understand them fully anyway). The good Dr tells me almost everything is normal (I remember Total T being around 600). My shbg was found to be on the highish end of normal, and of course Bioavailable T was on the lowish side. I am on treatment for the high shbg for about 1 week (I have read that Dr. John does not like his treatments posted so I will leave it out unless I get approval). Since stopping the steroids I have had fluctuations in my symptoms, ranging from feeling somewhat close to "normal" to feeling like I don't even have a set of twig and berries. When I'm feeling "bad" my penis feels shrunk with little sensation, along with shrunken testicles. I get morning wood most days, but on bad days it is very soft and does not last long. I have not had good libido since coming off steroids, and even when I feel "good" the erections are almost never strong. The treatment seemed to work for about five days, but the last 3 or four have been terrible again. Has anyone been through a similar scenario? Also, is it possible that my shbg level is normally high, and maybe I should normally have a higher total t to support this high shbg level? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank You in advance.
With so little input on your part it would be just wrong/useless for somebody to give you any advice.
It would be a wild guess anyhow.
You are much better off to just listen to your doctor.
--------------------
You are in NJ, I am in northen NJ, planning my trip to a Dr John.
How did you travel to Lansing, from what airport?
How long it took, how much it cost?
I cannot find airfare for less than $750, plus there are other costs, and it takes at least two full days.
So I am considering driving.

mckinnj

Awards
Hi JanSz,

I understand there is not alot of info, as you can understand I have been struggling with this for many months and I am always looking for answers as vague as they may be. I'm not looking for any personalized treatment from this forum (I already get that from a great Dr.). A more specific question to ask would be- does anyone have any experience with high SHBG, and has anyone heard of a person requiring a higher total T due to high SHBG?

I live in Central NJ. I took the long drive to Michigan (about 9 hrs.). I stopped about halfway in PA right off of rte 80. I chose not to fly because of the high cost. All the flights were connecting and the total trip would have been many hours anyway. If I were to write a list of best things to spend my money on, feeling normal again would be on the top of the list.....the drive was WELL worth it.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
If you're a patient of Dr.J's then all I can say is you're already with the best of the best in this area and these concerns should be addressed with him. The last thing I am going to do is try and diagnose you over the internet using google as my resource.

My advice is to talk with him and discuss your concerns/issues and go from there. I don't see your treatment turning you around 180 degrees and pre-steroid use in a week. Have patience.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi JanSz,

I understand there is not alot of info, as you can understand I have been struggling with this for many months and I am always looking for answers as vague as they may be. I'm not looking for any personalized treatment from this forum (I already get that from a great Dr.). A more specific question to ask would be- does anyone have any experience with high SHBG, and has anyone heard of a person requiring a higher total T due to high SHBG?

I live in Central NJ. I took the long drive to Michigan (about 9 hrs.). I stopped about halfway in PA right off of rte 80. I chose not to fly because of the high cost. All the flights were connecting and the total trip would have been many hours anyway. If I were to write a list of best things to spend my money on, feeling normal again would be on the top of the list.....the drive was WELL worth it.
Possibly it may help you when you read recent post that got good grades from Dr John.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/61826-thank-you-dr.html#post754933

It was very helpful and informative post.
After all one of the reasons for this board is to spread the good news.
And there is plenty of good news to spread around.

Many corrections take lots of time to take place, it is easy to get frustrated and change routine or look for another doctor. Informed people have a more staying power.
=============================================
On SHBG
MESO-Rx - View Single Post - do we need SHBG
Low SHBG is associated with insulin resistance.
High SHBG is associated with high estrogen states (e.g. with obesity) or low DHEA (e.g. with adrenal fatigue).
--------
Bodybuilding.com Forums
RippedUp07-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by raybravo
taken from mass monsterz :
Not many options when it comes to trying to lower SHBG levels
Supplements that lower SHBG:
=-Proviron
=-GH
=-Avena Sativa Extract/Green oat that contains Avenacosidas-supposedly there is none of this product out on the market that shows that it works.
=-Carao Extract-Theory only-has not been proven yet
=-Urtica dioica aka Stinging nettle
=-Muira Puama
Clomid and Nolvadex increas SHBG levels.
How good is HGH at lowering SHBG levels? Any idea?
==========================================
I think, working or at lest properly adjusted Thyroid, helps.
===========================================

I have a motorhome, pay for fuel, looking for a driver
to get to Man's Cave.

Start form Parsippany NJ, Rt 80 exit 41
=============================================================
what these chicks all want is a good-looking cat with a nice set of twig and berries.
BOOKS OF THE TIMES; Those Lips! Those Eyes! That Mojo's Working! - New York Times

I do not know what good Dr does for your SHBG.
With my limited knowledge I would try this:
1. adjust Adrenals/thyroid
2. Support testicles, HCG 100IU every day
3. Testosterone, get as much as is need to get blood test to show,
BioavailableTestosterone=5.5(nmol/L), use transdermals daily, if injections, at least twice/week
4.Manage estrogens, DIM+I3C+TMG, plus Arimidex if you have to, keep E2=(10-30)
5.Check pregnenolone, add cream if low
6.give it a time, 3-6 months, with time your need for external testosterone probably will diminish.
7. After 6 months, make attempt at reducing Testosterone supplementation (eventually to zero), you probably can allow lower BAT at that time

mckinnj

Awards
Thanks for the reply JanSz,

Great info- I've searched all over Google daily trying to get info on SHBG- most of the info is directed toward woman on the pill. The post by Marianco on Meso is interesting.

I read in a previous post by you where you said you stopped trying to adjust SHBG, but rather increased total T to compensate. Have you found any info relating to people having a naturally high SHBG requiring a higher Total T?

==============================================

The reason I'm posting on this forum is to gain more info about the hormones in my body. Even when I figure out my current problem, which I will (thanks to Dr John), I will still try to get as much info as possible for my later years, as every man will someday run into this problem. In the meantime I will follow all of Dr John's recommendations- he's the expert in this field.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I found this thread on another board- Does anyone have any experience with the ratio between SHBG and Total T levels?
=============================================

Attention all those on Sub-q injections - Page 2 - MESO-Rx

Not really sure if you can open the link this way- if not, instruct on proper way.

Thanks
On the same thread, look at my post, there is detailed explanation to the best of my knowledge, including calculators and chart.
MESO-Rx - View Single Post - Attention all those on Sub-q injections