Injections - Low E2 and effects on DHT?

Megazoid

Awards
Guy's i just started 125mg weekly of test e for HRT purposes. I was on androgel at 7.5mg daily but my total t was lower than expected (12nmol). My E2 has also been low for the past few months due to androgel and was at 73 when the normal range is 75 - 160 for a man.

I felt libido was good on androgel but i was still having ED, at times my **** would shrink up really bad. The urge was there (if that makes sense?) though. Do injections generally cause higher DHT than gels and will DHT still remain in the normal range (not go lower than it should for example?). Basically i know DHT is required for good libido/erections. I am not too fussed about high E2 because i think i am naturally a low E2 guy (really skinny, little body fat, etc). I am shooting IM into the thigh at 125mg a time.

How long does it take (in general) for the effects of the Test E to kick in? 3/4 weeks to normalize levels and get libido/energy up?

willis3

Awards
My dht was two fold the top of range on androgel. On test Cyp. My DHT is at the bottom of the low normal. I think most people generally have more dht on androgel than on injections. I know everybody's different but I believe the increase in dht from androgel use is because of the skin having more of the enzyme (alpha 5 reductase), which converts T to DHT. As for E2 I'm uncertain but I know my experience has been levels a little higher on androgel as opposed to injections.

magic8989

Awards
For me the gels made my DHT go up like crazy compared to the shots. I could have shaved everyday on the gels. I also got a little bit of acne. Now on the shots i can go back to shaving every other day or so and don't have a problem with acne.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Guy's i just started 125mg weekly of test e for HRT purposes. I was on androgel at 7.5mg daily but my total t was lower than expected (12nmol). My E2 has also been low for the past few months due to androgel and was at 73 when the normal range is 75 - 160 for a man.

I felt libido was good on androgel but i was still having ED, at times my **** would shrink up really bad. The urge was there (if that makes sense?) though. Do injections generally cause higher DHT than gels and will DHT still remain in the normal range (not go lower than it should for example?). Basically i know DHT is required for good libido/erections. I am not too fussed about high E2 because i think i am naturally a low E2 guy (really skinny, little body fat, etc). I am shooting IM into the thigh at 125mg a time.

How long does it take (in general) for the effects of the Test E to kick in? 3/4 weeks to normalize levels and get libido/energy up?
Gels cause more of a rise in DHT than shots.

Just because your skinny with low BF does not mean you won't have E2 issues. I am walking proof of this. Im young(27), have 7% BF and maintain a high level of fitness, yet my E2 level is 43(10 - 50)

Megazoid

Awards
Thanks for the replys guys. My E2 was low on the last blood test:

E2: 71 (normal range - 75 - 178).

I don't feel 100% yet, but i definitelly felt allot better today, penis was hanging better, erections easier to get and more powerful and libido up. Think i've found my key :) 125mg weekly seem's to be doing me well. finger's crossed. Going to add HCG in the next few weeks...

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im not to familiar with those lab ranges, but looks like your below range, which in itself might cause as much issues as being high range.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
With tcream amd dht levels 2 times the highest levels I barely shave once every 2 weeks? WTF ! when I used to shave every day?

MacDonnell

Awards
With tcream amd dht levels 2 times the highest levels I barely shave once every 2 weeks? WTF ! when I used to shave every day?
Yeah, that does not make sense. I've definitely noticed more chest and belly hair with the insanely high DHT, and unfortunately more hair thinning up on top. Dr. John's nizoral/spironolactone shampoo seems to be helping that though. Hey Shawn, why do you not do shots instead of T cream?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that does not make sense. I've definitely noticed more chest and belly hair with the insanely high DHT, and unfortunately more hair thinning up on top. Dr. John's nizoral/spironolactone shampoo seems to be helping that though. Hey Shawn, why do you not do shots instead of T cream?

Waiting for the urine test to see if my progesterone levels are low which is raising DHT conversion since progesterone is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor. i have taken the cream before no problem in the past, but due to not having insurance I never got tested and I think avoiding fishoils and fish like the plaque for past year it knocked my estrogen out of balance (elevated Lp(A) is screaming this) so by correcting the estrogen metabolism (DIM, fish oils, vitamin C, zinc) will correct the dht levels by increasing progesterone making the cream more effective, I figure the reason I can not uptake zinc is because estrogen is clogging up tissues and kicking it out that make sense plus all the other characteristics of estrogen/testosterone imbalance that DR john was nice enough to point out thats been there for over 3 years and nothing was ever done..

i beleive the elevated Lp(a) are representation of estrogen, dht/ dhea, tesotsterone, progesterone imbalance to tell you the truth more then flack of fish oils (which was not helping) Like I said after 2-3 months of loading up on eggs, butter, red meat, EPO and cutting fish and oils i felt really good and could feel my symptoms reversing but then about 2 months later I could not explain why i was going back wards getting worse and then after 8 months it dawned on me that I over flipped it the other way now because I did not get properly tested. After coming here and reading about this stuff it clicked on me what was happening...Now i just need urine test to verify it and I bet you our results would be very similar..

To summerize
if a person has altered bad:good estrogen ratio could this cause elevation in shbg even though estrodial is in check ? and if this so in this case then DIM and fish oils will help to lower the shbg and remove the excessive etrogen from the tissue rasing up both free and total testosterone lowering the DHT.

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
My dht was two fold the top of range on androgel. On test Cyp. My DHT is at the bottom of the low normal. I think most people generally have more dht on androgel than on injections. I know everybody's different but I believe the increase in dht from androgel use is because of the skin having more of the enzyme (alpha 5 reductase), which converts T to DHT. As for E2 I'm uncertain but I know my experience has been levels a little higher on androgel as opposed to injections.
That's certainly correct, gels tend to carry 5-AR from the skin into the blood stream.
High DHT is not a bad thing, unless you have high blood pressure already....in which case, no need to lower DHT or dose - just add beet root extract and some N.O boosting foods like celery and seafood.