Follow-up tests / Hope for answer

wondering

Awards
ok, been on Test Cyp 100mg/per wk for about 5 months. This follows being on Andro 10mg and having my Test only move to 325.

On Test Cyp, my Test is up to 567 at day before next injection. Mentally I feel a little better, but sexually even worse. I doubt it is E2 elevation as I tried low dose of DIM and that made it even worse. Well my Endo is a total jerk and keeps wondering why E2 keeps showing up on my results as he doesn't believe in testing it. I told him "cause I keep checking the box cause you won't". I'm done with him.

Anyways I understand unless it's the E2 sensitive assay from Quest (or similar) it's worthless. So, I went back to my PCP who doesn't know much, but is a good guy and wants to help. I showed him Dr. John's mention of need for Quests test and he said he'll run all the tests in the world if it helps find an answer that will make me feel better. That's why I like him

So we're running some more labs next week. Here's what we are doing...

Comprehensive Metabolic Profile
Lipid profile
PSA
TSH
Free T4
Total T3
CBC, Platelet, and Diff
Prolactin
Total T
Free T
SHBG
Quests Estradiol by Extraction Method/Sensitive Male Assay (quoted from Dr. John's protocol)

Seems like a good panel. I wonder about Cortisol. It's not on my lab sheet.. is this necessary and is there another code for it? is there a particular test for it? There's room for me to write in Tests and I'll do it and explain to my PCP.

Dr. John's input would be most appreciated as would anyone with experience/knowledge.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
ok, been on Test Cyp 100mg/per wk for about 5 months. This follows being on Andro 10mg and having my Test only move to 325.

On Test Cyp, my Test is up to 567 at day before next injection. Mentally I feel a little better, but sexually even worse. I doubt it is E2 elevation as I tried low dose of DIM and that made it even worse. Well my Endo is a total jerk and keeps wondering why E2 keeps showing up on my results as he doesn't believe in testing it. I told him "cause I keep checking the box cause you won't". I'm done with him.

Anyways I understand unless it's the E2 sensitive assay from Quest (or similar) it's worthless. So, I went back to my PCP who doesn't know much, but is a good guy and wants to help. I showed him Dr. John's mention of need for Quests test and he said he'll run all the tests in the world if it helps find an answer that will make me feel better. That's why I like him

Lipid profile
PSA
TSH
Free T4, FreeT3
Total T3
CBC, Platelet, and Diff
Prolactin
Total T, BioAvailableTestosterone
Free T
SHBG, Albumin
Quests Estradiol by Extraction Method/Sensitive Male Assay (quoted from Dr. John's protocol)
TotalEstradiol
Estrone
Pregnenolone
DHT

Seems like a good panel. I wonder about CortisolAM/PM and DHEAs. It's not on my lab sheet.. is this necessary and is there another code for it? is there a particular test for it? There's room for me to write in Tests and I'll do it and explain to my PCP.

Dr. John's input would be most appreciated as would anyone with experience/knowledge.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
But please realize that your new (good) doctor will be responsible for every assay he runs. And that can be a little scary.
When I go to my current GP doctors, both of them, one MD and the other DO, I present them with list of tests that I want to have. I also tell them that if insurance will not cover, I will. They have no problem to oblige me and write script.

Please explain doctor's responsibility.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Lipid profile
PSA
TSH
Free T4
Total T3
CBC, Platelet, and Diff
Prolactin
Total T
Free T
SHBG

Seems like a good panel. I wonder about Cortisol. It's not on my lab sheet.. is this necessary and is there another code for it? is there a particular test for it? There's room for me to write in Tests and I'll do it and explain to my PCP.

Considering what a decent guy your regular doctor is, I would suggest that you use him to work in conjunction with Dr John over the phone.

wondering

Awards
Ok more followup tests while on 100mg Test Cyp per wk. Mentally I feel better, but sexually worse than ever. Which would lead to possible high E2. But, I have tried DIM and seems to make it worse so I wonder if low E2. Anyways here's my latest lab results as dictated by my PCP on my answering machine. He is out of the office until next week when we can speak live.

Total T - 669 (range 300-1000)
Free T - 183 (range 47-244)
Free T % - 2.7%
PSA - "low"
Cholesterol - 151
"Bad" cholesterol - 107
"Good" cholesterol - 30 (dr said a little low and encouraged more exercise)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile -"looks good"
Free T3, FreeT4, TSH - "looks good"
Prolactin - "midrange"
SHBG - 14 (range 11 - 80)
Insulin - "slightly low, but not concerned - may be from fasting - not low enough to worry"

I am waiting on Quests E2 Sensitive Assay results and DHT results. Everything else looks pretty good.

Previous, regular "worthless" E2 test by endo indicated "less than 10". Given that Zinc and/or DIM makes me feel worse sexually, I doubt high E2 is my problem, but we shall see.

Has anyone ever heard of low E2 while on Test Cyp? Seems paradoxical....

If my lab comes back low - then what?

If normal then what?

If high (doubtful) than more DIM or Arimidex seems logical.

HELP!! - thanks

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

HELP!! - thanks
Borowing from our ladies, on estrogen management.

There is a product called MYOMIN

Name taken from MYOMA, uterine fibroid tumors, due to excessive estrogen.
BillFromNJ started taking it week ago and as far as I can tell is making a progress.
:dance: --->:chick: (damm, they both dancing, but one need more hormones to synchronize beat)

Have anybody else, using MYOMIN?

Estrogen Dominance - Energetic Nutrition

Myomin - Hormone Balancing Formula

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Ok more followup tests while on 100mg Test Cyp per wk. Mentally I feel better, but sexually worse than ever. Which would lead to possible high E2. But, I have tried DIM and seems to make it worse so I wonder if low E2. Anyways here's my latest lab results as dictated by my PCP on my answering machine. He is out of the office until next week when we can speak live.

Total T - 669 (range 300-1000)
Free T - 183 (range 47-244)
Free T % - 2.7%
PSA - "low"
Cholesterol - 151
"Bad" cholesterol - 107
"Good" cholesterol - 30 (dr said a little low and encouraged more exercise)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile -"looks good"
Free T3, FreeT4, TSH - "looks good"
Prolactin - "midrange"
SHBG - 14 (range 11 - 80)
Insulin - "slightly low, but not concerned - may be from fasting - not low enough to worry"

I am waiting on Quests E2 Sensitive Assay results and DHT results. Everything else looks pretty good.

Previous, regular "worthless" E2 test by endo indicated "less than 10". Given that Zinc and/or DIM makes me feel worse sexually, I doubt high E2 is my problem, but we shall see.

Has anyone ever heard of low E2 while on Test Cyp? Seems paradoxical....

If my lab comes back low - then what?

If normal then what?

HELP!! - thanks

Give you glucose tolerance test and see how your body responds to sugar and then tell me that you are not inuslin resistant. MY insulin was 3 glucose tolerance test should totlaly different..

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
It's an absolute abomination Endocrinologsts are not only nearly clueless as to the diagnosis and treatment of adult male sex hormone issues, they are also profoundly arrogant regarding their education of same. No matter how often I see--nearly every day--I just can never quite figure out at what point in their training they decide to cease being men and women of science.

Its not just endocrinologists, I get the same ignorance from urologists and even andrologists.
Its as if there not allowed to raise there hand and ask questions in med school.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A doctor is responsible for proper interpretation of every test he/she orders.

Thanks Dr J. I go in for more bloodwork from my urologist this week. I was considering putting an X on a few more of the boxes on my bloodwork sheet(SHBG, albumin) but he is a very nice, honest guy and I don't want to go against his orders.

I figure when I finally see you(soon!) we can get everything in order.