Anyone here ever added in Selegerline w/ HRT?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.68%

Anyone here ever added in Selegerline w/ HRT?

I have read that Selegeline has the ability to, at very low dose (1-2 mg daily), help aid in an increase of base testosterone levels. Dr. John, or anyone else that knows or has experience with this med. please correct me if I am misinformed.

Basically I wanted to know if anyone here had ever taken Selegeline and if so, what was your experience?

I'm interested in it not only for it's potential to support testosterone levels but also for it's possible neuroprotective benefits (protecting the dopamine neurons from oxidative stress, maintaining a higher dopamine concentration in the brain through (at low dose) it's selective inhibition of only MAO-B and not MAO-A. I've also heard that it can reduce cortisol and has been used for cushings. Does this mean that it is not a good idea to take if you have adrenal fatigue? I don't think I need any less cortisol, I already seem to have a pretty rough time waking up in the morning. When taken with Acetyl L Carnitine it supposedly helps to improve the dopamine & acteylcholine function in the brain. Any feedback is always greatly appreciated.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.45%

Quote Originally Posted by willis3 View Post
    I have read that Selegeline has the ability to, at very low dose (1-2 mg daily), help aid in an increase of base testosterone levels. Dr. John, or anyone else that knows or has experience with this med. please correct me if I am misinformed.

Basically I wanted to know if anyone here had ever taken Selegeline and if so, what was your experience?

I'm interested in it not only for it's potential to support testosterone levels but also for it's possible neuroprotective benefits (protecting the dopamine neurons from oxidative stress, maintaining a higher dopamine concentration in the brain through (at low dose) it's selective inhibition of only MAO-B and not MAO-A. I've also heard that it can reduce cortisol and has been used for cushings. Does this mean that it is not a good idea to take if you have adrenal fatigue? I don't think I need any less cortisol, I already seem to have a pretty rough time waking up in the morning. When taken with Acetyl L Carnitine it supposedly helps to improve the dopamine & acteylcholine function in the brain. Any feedback is always greatly appreciated.
    I tried it for about a month. Didn't do much for me. You have to be careful of any drug interactions as well as interactions with L-tyramine (mainly from aged cheese).
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.68%

Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    I tried it for about a month. Didn't do much for me. You have to be careful of any drug interactions as well as interactions with L-tyramine (mainly from aged cheese).
    What was the dose you were taking? did you happen to get a blood test while you were on it to see if your hormone (particularly testosterone and cortisol, e2) were effected? Did you notice any negative side effects? Were you on HRT at the time, or meds? Thanks
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.45%

Quote Originally Posted by willis3 View Post
    What was the dose you were taking? did you happen to get a blood test while you were on it to see if your hormone (particularly testosterone and cortisol, e2) were effected? Did you notice any negative side effects? Were you on HRT at the time, or meds? Thanks
    5mg. Cortisol and thyroid tests during that time were normal. I was on HRT, and the only negative side effect that I could tell was that I was less patient than usual. I didn't notice any positive effect after a month so I stopped taking it.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.68%

cool, thanks for the info.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.96%

Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    Not so, selegiline is an MAO b inhibitor not an MAO a inhibitor(unless taken at around 25mgs pe day in some people).
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.68%

You would not likely have any issues at the low dose currently employed in Anti-Aging Medicine. if considering such therapy, discuss with your physician.Yes I was only thinking of talking to my doc about doing very low dose, like 2.5 mg twice per week. As far as preparation goes I have seen some conflicting evidence in regards to liquid form (sublingual)/ transdermal form (patch)/ and then pill form. I don't wish to wear a patch. Anybody ever taken pill and/or liquid form? Dr.John? Do you have a preference or is this something that you generally find yourself having to prescribe very often? Thanks very much.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.68%

obviously that first part is supposed to be Dr.Johns quote. Guess thats what can happen when I try to do three things at once and watch the ncaa tournament lol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone here ever pull a train?
    By DeFos3 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 03:48 AM
  2. Anyone here ever used lexapro?
    By benj851 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 02:03 AM
  3. anyone here ever run a cycle while on SSRI's?
    By jack98 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 01:58 PM
  4. anyone here ever use targex1 ?
    By goes4ever in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 07:58 AM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 02:11 PM