Different Testicle Sizes

S

Smiler51

Awards
Hey guys,

this may sound a little funny, but I have a question that is a little stupid. I never really got any blood tests done but will hopefully get one soon. My age is 25.

I want to know if it is normal that my right testicle is only half of the size of my left testicle? I have done a couple M1t with 4ad and Superdrol cycles before. I used HCG throughout cycling and had proper post cycle therapy. When I ran my cycle, my ball size always decreased a little and once i was done with PCT the left testicle returned to normal size but the right one seemed to recover less. I never measured sizes but that was my impression.

Is there a difference between the right and left testicle e.g. one produces test, the other semen?

Is this major size difference normal? I have read that the testicles are different in sizes?

Thanks for the help!!!

Smiler51

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

this may sound a little funny, but I have a question that is a little stupid. I never really got any blood tests done but will hopefully get one soon. My age is 25.

I want to know if it is normal that my right testicle is only half of the size of my left testicle? I have done a couple M1t with 4ad and Superdrol cycles before. I used HCG throughout cycling and had proper post cycle therapy. When I ran my cycle, my ball size always decreased a little and once i was done with post cycle therapy the left testicle returned to normal size but the right one seemed to recover less. I never measured sizes but that was my impression.

Is there a difference between the right and left testicle e.g. one produces test, the other semen?

Is this major size difference normal? I have read that the testicles are different in sizes?

Thanks for the help!!!

Smiler51
I'm not sure about size, but I know it's normal for one to hang lower than the other.

A

adddoc

Awards
Hey guys,

I want to know if it is normal that my right testicle is only half of the size of my left testicle? I have done a couple M1t with 4ad and Superdrol cycles before. I used HCG throughout cycling and had proper post cycle therapy. When I ran my cycle, my ball size always decreased a little and once i was done with post cycle therapy the left testicle returned to normal size but the right one seemed to recover less. I never measured sizes but that was my impression.

Thanks for the help!!!

Smiler51
Both testicles perform the exact same funtions. They do produce testosterone and the individual pieces of the sperm. And a few other functions.

The sperm pieces then move out of the testicles into the Vas (i.e. Vasectomy is removal of a piece of the Vas). The next stop is the seminal vesicles ontop of the bladder where some fluid is added and the sperm are further assembled (head body and tail unite) - then at time of ejaculation the two seminal vesicles squirt their contents through the prostate and out of the urethra. The prostate adds more liquid to complete the bundle. Sperm, plus seminal fluid, plus prostatic fluid = ejaculate. This is why when you have a vasectomy, you can still ejaculate normally - just minus the sperm.

The reason you have two testicles is just incase something happens to one you will be able to procreate and continue the species. It is always possible for something to happen to one testicle causing it to atrophy (shrink) compared to the other. This can happen with or without steroid supplementation. Sounds like one of testicles atrophied for whatever reason, but the other one should be able to handle the load. It is possible that your ability to make testosterone could be affected, but usually one testicle can hadle it - Look at the most famous uniballer - Lance Armstrong.

adddoc

M

MacDonnell

Awards
Addoc,

Now you have me wondering. One of mine is much bigger than the other (like twice the size), but as far as I know there was never any damage done to the smaller one. I've even had an ultrasound before (for another reason), and the doc. never said anything about the size differential. Is it possible that the larger one is larger because it is handling the load (no pun intended, btw) for the smaller one (because it may be damaged)? Is this something that I should be concerned about or check into further?

Thanks,
Mac

A

adddoc

Awards
Addoc,

Now you have me wondering. One of mine is much bigger than the other (like twice the size), but as far as I know there was never any damage done to the smaller one. I've even had an ultrasound before (for another reason), and the doc. never said anything about the size differential. Is it possible that the larger one is larger because it is handling the load (no pun intended, btw) for the smaller one (because it may be damaged)? Is this something that I should be concerned about or check into further?

Thanks,
Mac
In general there is no reason for alarm if the testicles are of different size. The red-flags would be if it there is significant pain, swelling, redness, or a palpable mass.

Atrophy or shrinkage can occur for many reasons. The best advice I can give you is to examine your testicles onece a month. Report anything out of the ordinary to a doc who can examine you and palpate them.

I am not aware of a hypertrophy (enlargement) of one testicle to compensate for the shrinkage of the other.

In my case, I have a atrophied testicle becasue when I was young I had to have it relocated from my pelvis where it stopped descending into the scrotum. Now, with my regimin of HCG and Test Cyp both of them have become enlarged which imlpies they are both still working.

So, different sizes or even atrophy can be normal, but any changes or concerns shuold be addressed with a doc you have a professional relationship with.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
In general there is no reason for alarm if the testicles are of different size. The red-flags would be if it there is significant pain, swelling, redness, or a palpable mass.

Atrophy or shrinkage can occur for many reasons. The best advice I can give you is to examine your testicles onece a month. Report anything out of the ordinary to a doc who can examine you and palpate them.

I am not aware of a hypertrophy (enlargement) of one testicle to compensate for the shrinkage of the other.

In my case, I have a atrophied testicle becasue when I was young I had to have it relocated from my pelvis where it stopped descending into the scrotum. Now, with my regimin of HCG and Test Cyp both of them have become enlarged which imlpies they are both still working.

So, different sizes or even atrophy can be normal, but any changes or concerns shuold be addressed with a doc you have a professional relationship with.
I had the same surgery when I was 12 yrs old. Undescended testicle which had to be "tied off" to keep it in my scrotum. It is much smaller than my right.

M

MacDonnell

Awards

Thanks for the info. Did the HCG "even them out?" In other words, did the "atrophied" one come up in size to the normal one after being on HCG, or did it just increase the size of both balls proportionally? I know that it's common for one to be larger than the other, but generally, I think this is only by a small amount. Strangely, I think most guys' left balls are bigger than their right. In my case it's the other way around. Yeah, this is definitely sounding like TMI:icon_lol: , but I've always been curious to know whether it's a problem or something not to worry about. Thanks for the input.

M

MacDonnell

Awards
I had the same surgery when I was 12 yrs old. Undescended testicle which had to be "tied off" to keep it in my scrotum. It is much smaller than my right.
Are you currently on HCG? If so, how long?

A

adddoc

Awards
Thanks for the info. Did the HCG "even them out?" In other words, did the "atrophied" one come up in size to the normal one after being on HCG, or did it just increase the size of both balls proportionally? I know that it's common for one to be larger than the other, but generally, I think this is only by a small amount. Strangely, I think most guys' left balls are bigger than their right. In my case it's the other way around. Yeah, this is definitely sounding like TMI:icon_lol: , but I've always been curious to know whether it's a problem or something not to worry about. Thanks for the input.
The did not even out, they both increased in size, but their relative size to each other stayed different.

Testosterone only made them both atrophy, but adding the hcg made a big difference.

S

Smiler51

Awards
Thanks a lot for your great explanation Adddoc. So everything is normal with them then. I just thought they maybe should be of similar size.

Great explanation. Thanks again

Smiler51