When to test

legenden1999

Awards
Im gonna start androgel 5g and HCG 100ui daily, and expect to test in 14 days. Should I test before taking gel/hcg or should I test about 3 hours after?

I would also like oppinions about what T level to shoot for in both cases.

TIA,
JH

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Im gonna start androgel 5g and HCG 100ui daily, and expect to test in 14 days. Should I test before taking gel/hcg or should I test about 3 hours after?

I would also like oppinions about what T level to shoot for in both cases.

TIA,
JH
Opinions may vary, here is mine.
Assuming you take Androgel and HCG in the morning, say 6:30AM every day.
On day of a blood draw, say 7:30AM, I would do Androgel and HCG after coming back from laboratory.
You should get meaningfull results after 2 weeks on Androgel. (but read on HCG below)
------------------------------------------
Numbers
TotalT ~ (650-1000), not strict, largely depends on your SHBG level
FreeT (100-250) it also wary, 200 is good
(BAT)BioaValableT=550 you try to have best match here.
E2 (10-30) 15 probably best
but, but, get Quest Diagnostic (Total, Free and Bioavalable Testosterone) test.
there are many other items that one should test
If your never done T, or if you testicles have been supported, test after 14 days is ok.
If you testicles are shrunk, you will have to wait a month or two to get them back to their best shape (using HCG).
But in that case the 5grams of Androgel may not be enough, at least for the, say, first month.
Another words, you will have longer trial and error time, more blood tests.

MacDonnell

Awards
Opinions may vary, here is mine.
Assuming you take Androgel and HCG in the morning, say 6:30AM every day.
On day of a blood draw, say 7:30AM, I would do Androgel and HCG after coming back from laboratory.
You should get meaningfull results after 2 weeks on Androgel. (but read on HCG below)
Numbers
TotalT ~ (650-1000), not strict, largely depends on your SHBG level
FreeT (100-250) it also wary, 200 is good
(BAT)BioaValableT=550 you try to have best match here.
E2 (10-30) 15 probably best
but, but, get Quest Diagnostic (Total, Free and Bioavalable Testosterone) test.
there are many other items that one should test
If your never done T, or if you testicles have been supported, test after 14 days is ok.
If you testicles are shrunk, you will have to wait a month or two to get them back to their best shape (using HCG).
But in that case the 5grams of Androgel may not be enough, at least for the, say, first month.
Another words, you will have longer trial and error time, more blood tests.
I'm agreeing with Jan on this one. I was having blood drawn a few hours after applying my Testim. My lab results came back and the total T looked pretty good. Subsequently, Dr. John had me do a 24-hour urinalysis - The results from this showed my total T at rock bottom! So it probably makes sense to apply your T AFTER you get your blood drawn. I am certainly no expert in this, however, so I'd welcome anyone else's opinion.