Lab Results for 20 year old

  1. New Member
    infuriatdrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    97
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    25.17%

    Angry Lab Results for 20 year old


    hey fellas, i recently went to the doc to get some labwork done because lately i have just been feeling like absolute ****. im 20 years old, 200 lbs, been lifting for about a year and a half now. generally lift 3x a week and have a very good diet in order. ive been extremely tired lately, have had very little energy, seem to be in a bad mood quite a bit, my gains at the gym have pretty much stopped, seem to be putting on more body fat than usual, libido comes and goes, nipples have gotten puffy and get sore at times, have insomnia pretty bad at times, cant concentrate too well or retain things i learn too well.

    heres how my lab results came back:
    Total Test - 332
    Free Test - 95.3
    Free Test % 2.87%
    FSH - 3.8
    LH - 3.3
    Free T4 - 121
    TSH - 2.038

    Endo wouldnt check my E2 levels because he thought it was unnecessary unless i had ovaries implanted, being an ******* about it. Please let me know what you guys think, im sick of feeling like **** all the time at such a young age!

  2. Board Supporter
    kjkriston's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Rep Power
    1623
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    71.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    That total test is WAY low for a 20 year old...Im 25 and my last test was 698.....Have you been using any sort of AAS or PHs? I dont see how your test could be so low at that age otherwise...
  3. New Member
    infuriatdrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    97
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    25.17%

    i actually took Mag-10 about a year ago for only 3 or 4 days because it was making have panic attacks, so i never really gained any benefits from it i dont think. i was in a bad wreck a few years ago and i was afraid my petuitary gland may have been damaged but he doesnt think it is. i have taken Alpha Male, a natural testosterone booster but i havent taken any in about 6 months. im about to start taking it again soon because i feel much much better when i take it.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    ECTOmorph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    297
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    53.44%

    get you e2 levels tested....im 20 and high e2 levels were my problem
  5. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Endos

    We'll you've come to the right place. I would start with the sticky's at the top of the BB in red. Read them until you can recite them verbatim.

    Im really, really curious to know how he can tell if your pituitary glad wasn't damaged by guessing. This guy must be a mind reader....literally!
    Last edited by plymouth city; 03-21-2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: none
  6. Banned
    jomi822's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,419
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i dont even know what to say, not testing e2 with that kind of testosterone reading is just ludicrous.

    as an endo he should know that high e2 could very possibly be the culprit in the case of your low testosterone. you may also want to get your adrenals and thyroid checked.

    if i were you id try one more time...and then either find a new endo or pay for a blood test out of pocket...and then go after the endo legally with the results.
  7. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    i dont even know what to say, not testing e2 with that kind of testosterone reading is just ludicrous.

    as an endo he should know that high e2 could very possibly be the culprit in the case of your low testosterone. you may also want to get your adrenals and thyroid checked.

    if i were you id try one more time...and then either find a new endo or pay for a blood test out of pocket...and then go after the endo legally with the results.
    Check rheine urine testing just need a dr to order it for you..225 is alot cheaper then any blood work and it is reinbuse by insurances
  8. New Member
    SoMdHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    326
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    77.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by infuriatdrain View Post
    hey fellas, i recently went to the doc to get some labwork done because lately i have just been feeling like absolute ****. im 20 years old, 200 lbs, been lifting for about a year and a half now. generally lift 3x a week and have a very good diet in order. ive been extremely tired lately, have had very little energy, seem to be in a bad mood quite a bit, my gains at the gym have pretty much stopped, seem to be putting on more body fat than usual, libido comes and goes, nipples have gotten puffy and get sore at times, have insomnia pretty bad at times, cant concentrate too well or retain things i learn too well.

    heres how my lab results came back:
    Total Test - 332
    Free Test - 95.3
    Free Test % 2.87%
    FSH - 3.8
    LH - 3.3
    Free T4 - 121
    TSH - 2.038

    Endo wouldnt check my E2 levels because he thought it was unnecessary unless i had ovaries implanted, being an ******* about it. Please let me know what you guys think, im sick of feeling like **** all the time at such a young age!
    I'm no Dr, but your FSH and LH levels look very healthy, so I doubt it is a pitutary problem. Is it possible you are just ever training? How about stress in your life? Either or both could actually lower your test levels.
  9. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    290
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    88.3%

    You can order Estrodiol testing from LEF.org and pay for that out of pocket. Cheaper if you are a member. And BW soon goes on their annual sale as well. You could wait 4 or 5 weeks for that.

    Your free T looks good. Perhaps E is the issue.

    Life Extension Foundation: Popular Multi-Nutrient Formulas

    and

    Estradiol: Blood Tests

    E can really spoil the effects of what T you do have, even if the T is high as many TRT guys have learned the hardway. Thyroid can also sap your energy and sense of well-being.
  10. New Member
    infuriatdrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    97
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    25.17%

    well i just talked to him and hes going to do another test and this time actually check my E2 levels, anything else i should check?
  11. New Member
    infuriatdrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    97
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    25.17%

    Quote Originally Posted by SoMdHunter View Post
    I'm no Dr, but your FSH and LH levels look very healthy, so I doubt it is a pitutary problem. Is it possible you are just ever training? How about stress in your life? Either or both could actually lower your test levels.
    i actually havent lifted in a couple weeks to let my body rest and settle down i guess. stress hasnt been TOO too bad, same as normal i guess with bein a full time student and having a full time job.
  12. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by infuriatdrain View Post
    well i just talked to him and hes going to do another test and this time actually check my E2 levels, anything else i should check?
    If you are in USA, insit on Quest Diagnostics, blod drawn by Quest Diagnostics.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Below is bare bones test first, below is full blown,
    my own definitions.
    Bare bones:
    Total Estrogens
    estrone, serum
    Estradiol, sensitive
    Progesterone
    Pregnenolone
    Total Testosterone
    Free Testosterone
    Bioavailabe Testosterone
    DHT
    prolactin, serum
    SHBG
    Albumin
    TSH
    Free (T3)
    Total T3
    Free T4
    DHEA Sulfate
    Cortisol AM/PM
    Hematocrit
    ============================== ============
    Complete (ha ha), probably have to add some more liver tests, at least.
    Complete metabolic Panel
    Hepatic Function Panel
    Lipid Panel
    CBC

    Total Estrogens
    estrone
    Estradiol, sensitive
    Progesterone
    Pregnenolone
    Total Testosterone
    Free Testosterone (calculated)
    Bio-available Testosterone (calculated)
    Albumin
    sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG), serum
    DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
    Hematocrit
    prolactin, serum
    FSH (3rd Generation)
    LH
    Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
    Free (T3) triiodothyroxine
    Free T4
    Total T4
    Total T3
    DHEA Sulfate
    Cortisol, AM/PM
    SOMATOMEDIN C (IGF-1)
    IGF-BP3
    C-reactive protein (high-sensitivity)
    Fibrinogen
    Hemoglobin A1C
    Lp(a) lipoprotein
    Bilirubin
    AST (SGOT)
    ALT(SGPT)
    VLDL
    Homocysteine
    Insulin, fasting
    Glucose, plasma
    Magnesium
    Vitamin D, 1, 25-Dihydroxy
    Folate
    Vitamin A
    Ferritin
    B12, selenium, zinc, copper
    Free PSA
    FreePSA/Total PSA
    aldosterone
    Estradiol, Bioavailable I probably should move this one to the top list.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best fat burner for a 20 year old girl
    By thewolf49 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 05:34 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
  3. Prime for a 20 year old??
    By AGGR3S10N in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 01:50 PM
  4. Hyperdrol-X2 questions for a 20 year old
    By SelfKnowledge in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 06:37 AM
  5. Activate Xtreme? worth it for a 20 year old?
    By SelfKnowledge in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in