Lab Results for 20 year old

infuriatdrain

Awards
hey fellas, i recently went to the doc to get some labwork done because lately i have just been feeling like absolute ****. im 20 years old, 200 lbs, been lifting for about a year and a half now. generally lift 3x a week and have a very good diet in order. ive been extremely tired lately, have had very little energy, seem to be in a bad mood quite a bit, my gains at the gym have pretty much stopped, seem to be putting on more body fat than usual, libido comes and goes, nipples have gotten puffy and get sore at times, have insomnia pretty bad at times, cant concentrate too well or retain things i learn too well.

heres how my lab results came back:
Total Test - 332
Free Test - 95.3
Free Test % 2.87%
FSH - 3.8
LH - 3.3
Free T4 - 121
TSH - 2.038

Endo wouldnt check my E2 levels because he thought it was unnecessary unless i had ovaries implanted, being an ******* about it. Please let me know what you guys think, im sick of feeling like **** all the time at such a young age!

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That total test is WAY low for a 20 year old...Im 25 and my last test was 698.....Have you been using any sort of AAS or PHs? I dont see how your test could be so low at that age otherwise...

infuriatdrain

Awards
i actually took Mag-10 about a year ago for only 3 or 4 days because it was making have panic attacks, so i never really gained any benefits from it i dont think. i was in a bad wreck a few years ago and i was afraid my petuitary gland may have been damaged but he doesnt think it is. i have taken Alpha Male, a natural testosterone booster but i havent taken any in about 6 months. im about to start taking it again soon because i feel much much better when i take it.

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
get you e2 levels tested....im 20 and high e2 levels were my problem

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Endos:toofunny:

We'll you've come to the right place. I would start with the sticky's at the top of the BB in red. Read them until you can recite them verbatim.

Im really, really curious to know how he can tell if your pituitary glad wasn't damaged by guessing. This guy must be a mind reader....literally!

Last edited:
jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i dont even know what to say, not testing e2 with that kind of testosterone reading is just ludicrous.

as an endo he should know that high e2 could very possibly be the culprit in the case of your low testosterone. you may also want to get your adrenals and thyroid checked.

if i were you id try one more time...and then either find a new endo or pay for a blood test out of pocket...and then go after the endo legally with the results.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
i dont even know what to say, not testing e2 with that kind of testosterone reading is just ludicrous.

as an endo he should know that high e2 could very possibly be the culprit in the case of your low testosterone. you may also want to get your adrenals and thyroid checked.

if i were you id try one more time...and then either find a new endo or pay for a blood test out of pocket...and then go after the endo legally with the results.
Check rheine urine testing just need a dr to order it for you..225 is alot cheaper then any blood work and it is reinbuse by insurances :)

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
hey fellas, i recently went to the doc to get some labwork done because lately i have just been feeling like absolute ****. im 20 years old, 200 lbs, been lifting for about a year and a half now. generally lift 3x a week and have a very good diet in order. ive been extremely tired lately, have had very little energy, seem to be in a bad mood quite a bit, my gains at the gym have pretty much stopped, seem to be putting on more body fat than usual, libido comes and goes, nipples have gotten puffy and get sore at times, have insomnia pretty bad at times, cant concentrate too well or retain things i learn too well.

heres how my lab results came back:
Total Test - 332
Free Test - 95.3
Free Test % 2.87%
FSH - 3.8
LH - 3.3
Free T4 - 121
TSH - 2.038

Endo wouldnt check my E2 levels because he thought it was unnecessary unless i had ovaries implanted, being an ******* about it. Please let me know what you guys think, im sick of feeling like **** all the time at such a young age!
I'm no Dr, but your FSH and LH levels look very healthy, so I doubt it is a pitutary problem. Is it possible you are just ever training? How about stress in your life? Either or both could actually lower your test levels.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
You can order Estrodiol testing from LEF.org and pay for that out of pocket. Cheaper if you are a member. And BW soon goes on their annual sale as well. You could wait 4 or 5 weeks for that.

Your free T looks good. Perhaps E is the issue.

Life Extension Foundation: Popular Multi-Nutrient Formulas

and

Estradiol: Blood Tests

E can really spoil the effects of what T you do have, even if the T is high as many TRT guys have learned the hardway. Thyroid can also sap your energy and sense of well-being.

infuriatdrain

Awards
well i just talked to him and hes going to do another test and this time actually check my E2 levels, anything else i should check?

infuriatdrain

Awards
I'm no Dr, but your FSH and LH levels look very healthy, so I doubt it is a pitutary problem. Is it possible you are just ever training? How about stress in your life? Either or both could actually lower your test levels.
i actually havent lifted in a couple weeks to let my body rest and settle down i guess. stress hasnt been TOO too bad, same as normal i guess with bein a full time student and having a full time job.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
well i just talked to him and hes going to do another test and this time actually check my E2 levels, anything else i should check?
If you are in USA, insit on Quest Diagnostics, blod drawn by Quest Diagnostics.
-------------------------------------------------------
Below is bare bones test first, below is full blown,
my own definitions.
Bare bones:
Total Estrogens
estrone, serum
Estradiol, sensitive
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone
Bioavailabe Testosterone
DHT
prolactin, serum
SHBG
Albumin
TSH
Free (T3)
Total T3
Free T4
DHEA Sulfate
Cortisol AM/PM
Hematocrit
==========================================
Complete (ha ha), probably have to add some more liver tests, at least.
Complete metabolic Panel
Hepatic Function Panel
Lipid Panel
CBC

Total Estrogens
estrone
Estradiol, sensitive
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone (calculated)
Bio-available Testosterone (calculated)
Albumin
sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG), serum
DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
Hematocrit
prolactin, serum
FSH (3rd Generation)
LH
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Free (T3) triiodothyroxine
Free T4
Total T4
Total T3
DHEA Sulfate
Cortisol, AM/PM
SOMATOMEDIN C (IGF-1)
IGF-BP3
C-reactive protein (high-sensitivity)
Fibrinogen
Hemoglobin A1C
Lp(a) lipoprotein
Bilirubin
AST (SGOT)
ALT(SGPT)
VLDL
Homocysteine
Insulin, fasting
Glucose, plasma
Magnesium
Vitamin D, 1, 25-Dihydroxy
Folate
Vitamin A
Ferritin
B12, selenium, zinc, copper
Free PSA
FreePSA/Total PSA
aldosterone
Estradiol, Bioavailable I probably should move this one to the top list.