New Guy Intro

BillfromNJ

Awards
Hi all, I have been reading for quite some time and found what I have learned here and from another board to be the biggest help in getting the correct TRT. I am 40 years old 5'11" 190lbs drink on occasion and enjoy a cigar every so often otherwise a healthy guy. I started my path towards TRT after noticing my mood and libido had changed and I was tired all the time ended up at my URO did the blood work and I came back at 460 which he said was borderline low started with a 300mg shot ... felt better a few days later and then worse I talked to him about what I had read and he dismissed it all as :internet garbage" I recently contacted a DO who follows shippens protocal and hopefully I can get him on the HCG bandwagon as well I get newest labs back next week and I will try to keep all posted on progress or lack of.

Bill - NJ

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Hi all, I have been reading for quite some time and found what I have learned here and from another board to be the biggest help in getting the correct TRT. I am 40 years old 5'11" 190lbs drink on occasion and enjoy a cigar every so often otherwise a healthy guy. I started my path towards TRT after noticing my mood and libido had changed and I was tired all the time ended up at my URO did the blood work and I came back at 460 which he said was borderline low started with a 300mg shot ... felt better a few days later and then worse I talked to him about what I had read and he dismissed it all as :internet garbage" I recently contacted a DO who follows shippens protocal and hopefully I can get him on the HCG bandwagon as well I get newest labs back next week and I will try to keep all posted on progress or lack of.

Bill - NJ
Welcome to the board Bill. Your T levels are exactly where mine were measured at.....460. Most people consider this to be adequate, but for me, the symptoms were terrible.

How often are you taking a 300mg injection? That is extremely high! If you read around a bit, you will notice most of us are on 100mg each week, or a variable thereof. Some are even doing 50-60mgs E3D.

Keep us posted on how it goes. I am really interested as your levels are close to mine.

SMH

BillfromNJ

Awards
Welcome to the board Bill. Your T levels are exactly where mine were measured at.....460. Most people consider this to be adequate, but for me, the symptoms were terrible.

How often are you taking a 300mg injection? That is extremely high! If you read around a bit, you will notice most of us are on 100mg each week, or a variable thereof. Some are even doing 50-60mgs E3D.

Keep us posted on how it goes. I am really interested as your levels are close to mine.

SMH
The 300mg every 3 weeks was what Urologist was doing but after reading boards I went to a DO and starting 100mg weekley this week and hopefully in time HCG added into the mix along with some form of AI ... I'll keep you posted I should have new bloodwork results later this week

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi all,............
I read this as Bill from New Jersey.
Welcome bro;

I am in Parsippany NJ (zip07054) and there is a Bob (bobbyn) in Bultler area near by.

Dr John is only 9 hours drive from here, looking for a driver and companion.
Not much companion, I am 67yo foggy, but still dancing.

BillfromNJ

Awards
Welcome bro;

I am in Parsippany NJ (zip07054) and there is a Bob (bobbyn) in Bultler area near by.

Hi neighbor I am in Boonton, I am seeing a DO in Central NJ I have only gone for 1 visit and he did all the bloodwork I start the weekly shots this week. And he is OK with self injections after properly titrated (is that the right term)

For now I will stick with my 60 minute drive and Dr is also covered by my insurance

40yo not so foggy and a bad dancer

Bill

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi neighbor I am in Boonton, I am seeing a DO in Central NJ I have only gone for 1 visit and he did all the bloodwork I start the weekly shots this week. And he is OK with self injections after properly titrated (is that the right term)

For now I will stick with my 60 minute drive and Dr is also covered by my insurance

40yo not so foggy and a bad dancer

Bill
Hey good luck with DO.
My DO is in Fair Lawn

Think od dancing as aerobics, forget (if you can) the skin/skin contact.

In case you want to change your dancing status check on Phil, his is just around the corner:
Rhythm In Shoes THERE’S A NEW DANCE STUDIO IN TOWN
708A Main St., Boonton, NJ 07005 Tel. (973) 335-9920
but if Huste is your dance, check Diane:
Lessons and Socials
Knights of Columbus, 16-16 Maple Ave., Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
If you back hurts get adjusted by Dr Sam
125 Madison St Boonton NJ
if it does not hurt
lift weights (supervised) in his gym in the basement.

Boonton is a nice town.
==================================
But if you want to divine your blood work
nothing beats this place.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Welcome bro;

Janz if you want to fly and we can get appointment together then I would go in a heart beat !! get a flight in and be back same day !! its probably cheaper to fly then drive .. for 300 buck knowing i will be in good hands it be worth it !! CHARGE IT !! may be dr john can cut us a deal LOL. My dr is great but he is as slow as molasses and not aggressive were dr john would be much more aggressive in his approach that is the feleing I get from reading his post. And if we would set up a phone consultation with dr its no guarantee that he would be ready on time. i have done all the leg work for dr john and getting the urine test in hand will be the biggest asset as well and what ever other lab work that needs to be done. What i would like to know from dr john is if the urine test is done what other follow up blood work would be required that the urine test does not show so this time no time is wasted..

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Janz if you want to fly and we can get appointment together then I would go in a heart beat !! get a flight in and be back same day !! its probably cheaper to fly then drive .. for 300 buck knowing i will be in good hands it be worth it !! CHARGE IT !! may be dr john can cut us a deal LOL. My dr is great but he is as slow as molasses and not aggressive were dr john would be much more aggressive in his approach that is the feleing I get from reading his post. And if we would set up a phone consultation with dr its no guarantee that he would be ready on time. i have done all the leg work for dr john and getting the urine test in hand will be the biggest asset as well and what ever other lab work that needs to be done. What i would like to know from dr john is if the urine test is done what other follow up blood work would be required that the urine test does not show so this time no time is wasted..
Give me your zip code. How far are you from cross-section of Rt80 & Rt287 ?
If I would fly to Lansing that would be from Newark Airport.
There is airport in Morristown, but not sure if that would help.
But rember, we are talking 9 hours (only) driving one way.
If I start driving to airports then transfering it takes lots of time, agravation .

We could use my coach so there is a place to rest in it, ie no need for hotels.
Gas and vehicle is on me, but you have to be comfortable to drive this rig.
When I drive, after one to 1.5 hours I need rest, I am not built to work as a truck driver,
keep that in mind. But two people could switch every hour or so and keep driving non stop.
Unless you are loaded with money then that is differen story.
I am old and cheap, if I have any money I spend on dance teachers.
I have 2000 model of 210-Versatile:
Roadtrek RV Camper Van Class B Motor Homes

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Give me your zip code. How far are you from cross-section of Rt80 & Rt287 ?
If I would fly to Lansing that would be from Newark Airport.
There is airport in Morristown, but not sure if that would help.
But rember, we are talking 9 hours (only) driving one way.
If I start driving to airports then transfering it takes lots of time, agravation .

We could use my coach so there is a place to rest in it, ie no need for hotels.
Gas and vehicle is on me, but you have to be comfortable to drive this rig.
When I drive, after one to 1.5 hours I need rest, I am not built to work as a truck driver,
keep that in mind. But two people could switch every hour or so and keep driving non stop.
Unless you are loaded with money then that is differen story.
I am old and cheap, if I have any money I spend on dance teachers.
I have 2000 model of 210-Versatile:
Roadtrek RV Camper Van Class B Motor Homes
i am like an hour away from the apart i live out side philly. Check into flights departing at like 8 am be there by 900 there time its one hour diffrence. Sw might have some good rates going now..let me know i am serious about this i need this crap resolved

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
i am like an hour away from the apart i live out side philly. Check into flights departing at like 8 am be there by 900 there time its one hour diffrence. Sw might have some good rates going now..let me know i am serious about this i need this crap resolved
I do not think so.
I found $630 airfare
One way with stop at Ohare total 6hrs from take off to landing at Lansing. Now start adding other times, too complicated.
When it gets bad enough I will drive my self, bobbyn did.
================
Possibly you have a better deals from Philly.