1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

just got test results in

total testosterone 308 ng/dl (241-827)
    albumin 4.7 ( 3.7 - 5.1)
    testosteorne free and weakly bounded 124 (84-402)
    testosterone free 58 ( 34- 194)
    sbhg 38 ( 5-49)
    estrodial 19 (10-50) This is good news
    albumin/globulin ratio 2.1 elevated
    Liporptein A 111 <75 I am concerned on this !!
    Dhea 97 (110-397) LOW
    saturation % 54 (0-50)
    inuslin 4 <17
    prolactin 9.9 2.0-18
    Dht 175 (0-75)
    Copper serum 790 (590-1180) This is after 2 months of copper suppelmentation at 5 mgs and still did not BUDGE
    free t4 270 (80-420)
    ft4 .9 (.8-?)
    reverse t-3 .280 (.11-.320) this came down t-3 only
    Lh 2.5 (1.1-8.9)

Dr thinks that taking the cortef for so long and not balancing out it with DHEA is main cause of alot of problems and also the elevated shbg and the Lp(a) levels and after thinking about it I agree. Cortef i tihnk was helping to control helping to keep the estrogen in check as well. Now drs wants me on DHEA 50 mgs a day and to reduce the cortef slowly and do a salvia test after being off for 2 weeks. Tapering slowly. So using the tcream was going straight to dht and not so much estrogen which is a good thing. We swithced creames and will retest in 2 weeks to see where dht and testosterone levels are to see if they made a difference. Dr stuck his finger up my ass to checked my prostrate and said it feels severely enlarged and suspects that from the DHT increase from the cream.

Could raising the DHEA be enough to also raise the testosterone a bit, but I am afraid that raising DHEA with testosteorne is going to boost up estrogen.

and if the testosterone is converting to dht that could result in lower over all testosterone as well possible too correct

Elevated cortisol/dhea ratio was
    driving zinc lower progesteroene, chromiun, magnesium, b-6, vitamin D right into the ground
    causing catabolic effects on muscles mass
    lowering testosterone possible due to converting to dht to protect cortisol imbalance
    causing shbg, Lp(a) to increase

Lower zinc by extra copper may have drove progesterone into the ground lower the dhea levels this sound plausible

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    albumin 4.7 ( 3.7 - 5.1)
    sbhg 38 ( 5-49)
    estrodial 19 (10-50) This is good news
    Dhea 97 (110-397) LOW
    saturation % 54 (0-50)
    inuslin 4 <17
    prolactin 9.9 2.0-18
    Dht 175 (0-75)
    Copper serum 790 (590-1180) This is after 2 months of copper suppelmentation at 5 mgs and still did not BUDGE
    free t4 270 (80-420)
    ft4 .9 (.8-?)
    Lh 2.5 (1.1-8.9)

Dr thinks that taking the cortef for so long and not balancing out it with DHEA is main cause of alot of problems and also the elevated shbg and the Lp(a) levels and after thinking about it I agree. Cortef i tihnk was helping to control helping to keep the estrogen in check as well. Now drs wants me on DHEA 50 mgs a day and to reduce the cortef slowly and do a salvia test after being off for 2 weeks. Tapering slowly. So using the tcream was going straight to dht and not so much estrogen which is a good thing. We swithced creames and will retest in 2 weeks to see where dht and testosterone levels are to see if they made a difference. Dr stuck his finger up my ass to checked my prostrate and said it feels severely enlarged and suspects that from the DHT increase from the cream.

Could raising the DHEA be enough to also raise the testosterone a bit, but I am afraid that raising DHEA with testosteorne is going to boost up estrogen.

and if the testosterone is converting to dht that could result in lower over all testosterone as well possible too correct

Elevated cortisol/dhea ratio was
    driving zinc lower progesteroene, chromiun, magnesium, b-6, vitamin D right into the ground
    causing catabolic effects on muscles mass
    lowering testosterone possible due to converting to dht to protect cortisol imbalance
    causing shbg, Lp(a) to increase

Lower zinc by extra copper may have drove progesterone into the ground lower the dhea levels this sound plausible
    Post what are you taking, how much and for how long.

Get additional blood test
    FreeT3
    Estrone
    Total Estrogens
    Pregnenolone
    Progesterone

I may add more if you have $$.
    Actually since you have blown on Lp(a) it should be less than 20
    add other risk factors to above lis:
    CRP
    fibrinogen
    homocysteine
    cholesterol total
    HDL
    LDL
    VLDL
    Triglycerides

Or it may be cheaper if you ask for liver and lipid panels plus the other items individually.
    ============================== ============================== ===
    I am confused here, but the going theory (here) is that enlarged prostate is not because of high DHT, but estrogens.
    Your Estrodial is just about right, but there are other estrogens, lets check them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you have, post balance of your blood test, type slowly.
    If you can scan it, you can post it on meso board, make reference to individual post there then post link to it here.
    Will be easier to reference to it numerous times.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Post what are you taking, how much and for how long.

Get additional blood test
    FreeT3
    Estrone
    Total Estrogens
    Pregnenolone
    Progesterone

I may add more if you have $$.
    Actually since you have blown on Lp(a) it should be less than 20
    add other risk factors to above lis:
    CRP
    fibrinogen
    homocysteine
    cholesterol total
    HDL
    LDL
    VLDL
    Triglycerides

Or it may be cheaper if you ask for liver and lipid panels plus the other items individually.
    ============================== ============================== ===
    I am confused here, but the going theory (here) is that enlarged prostate is not because of high DHT, but estrogens.
    Your Estrodial is just about right, but there are other estrogens, lets check them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you have, post balance of your blood test, type slowly.
    If you can scan it, you can post it on meso board, make reference to individual post there then post link to it here.
    Will be easier to reference to it numerous times.
    CRP <.1
    fibrinogen 273 (175-425)
    homocysteine 5.3 (coming up)
    cholesterol total 133 Too low
    HDL - 50 > 40
    LDL - 50
    VLDL - not done
    Preg - 28 (0-200)
    progesterone .6 <1.4
    Folate >24 - fatty liver indication
    vitamin 25 oh D - 34 (20-100)
    ft3 270 (230-420)
    ldh 97 (100-150)

Liver panel is all mid range

Current dose is 10 % tcreme and no plogel, 15 mgs of cortef (tapering slowly), cytomel 37.5 mgs (its driving rt3 down FINALLY) after 2 weeks we will test again and to see if dht is high, and all other parameters of testosterone
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%

albumin 4.7 ( 3.7 - 5.1)
    sbhg 38 ( 5-49)estrodial 19 (10-50) This is good news
    Dhea 97 (110-397) LOWsaturation % 54 (0-50)
    inuslin 4 <17
    prolactin 9.9 2.0-18
    Dht 175 (0-75)
    free t4 270 (80-420)
    ft4 .9 (.8-?)
    Lh 2.5 (1.1-8.9)
    CRP <.1
    fibrinogen 273 (175-425) better when less than 300
    homocysteine 5.3 (coming up) it is below 8, you are ok
    cholesterol total 133 Too low
    HDL - 50 > 40
    LDL - 50
    VLDL - not done
    Preg - 28 (0-200)
    progesterone .6 <1.4
    Folate >24 - fatty liver indication
    vitamin 25 oh D - 34 (20-100)
    ft3 270 (230-420)
    ldh 97 (100-150)

Liver panel is all mid range

Current dose is 10 % tcreme and no plogel, 15 mgs of cortef (tapering slowly), cytomel 37.5 mgs (its driving rt3 down FINALLY) after 2 weeks we will test again and to see if dht is high, and all other parameters of testosterone

Cortef up to 20mg/day should be ok, why taper it? I use 10mg/day, need or not.
    Why you use Cytomel? Why not Armour?
    DHEA, eat enough until blood test show 500 (that will be a lot of pills)
    Start HCG, 100IU/day,
    Double on you current dose of Tcrem, (how much Tcrem are you taking?)
    Do something to raise total cholesterol (diet)
    Get other estrogens tested, if they are high use (DIM+I3C)+TMG
    Read up on Niacin, use high doses under doctor supervision, lowers Lp(a)
    Eat a lot of probiotics
    See if all this will not help in DHT, wait some then consider Avodart, 2 -3 pills per week.
    ============================== ============================== =
    Le Magazine, May 2006 - Report: New Blood Test Better Predicts Heart Attack Risk
    Treatment for elevated Lp(a) is controversial. Most experts agree that, at the very least, Lp(a) should be lowered to a level no higher than 30 mg/dL, and that this significantly reduces heart attack risk.37 Niacin is the most effective direct treatment for lowering Lp(a), though higher doses are required than for other abnormalities (1000–4000 mg per day, which should be prescribed and monitored by a physician).
    Le Magazine March 2007 - Ask The Doctor
    To reduce LDL or Lp(a), higher doses (from 1000 mg up to 4000-5000 mg per day) are often used, with higher doses providing greater effects. However, doses this high should be taken only with a physician’s supervision. Keep in mind that it may take three months or longer to realize the full lipid-optimizing benefits of niacin.
    Author Switches to Macrobiotic Foods to Help Her Body Heal, Grow Stronger.
    Life Extension Daily News
    Becoming Whole, by Meg Wolff
    Lulu.com - Self Publishing - Free
    to buy, cheaper as download
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%

Cortef up to 20mg/day should be ok, why taper it?
    DHEA, eat enough until blood test show 500 (that will be a lot of pills)
    Get FreeT3 tested
    Start HCG, 100IU/day,
    Double on you current dose of Tcreme, (how much Tcreme are you taking?)
    Do something to raise total cholesterol (diet)
    Get other estrogens tested, if they are high use (DIM+I3C)+TMG
    Read up on Niacin, use high doses under doctor supervision, lowers Lp(a)
    Eat a lot of probiotics
    See if all this will not help in DHT, wait some then consider Avodart, 2 -3 pills per week.
    Le Magazine, May 2006 - Report: New Blood Test Better Predicts Heart Attack Risk
    Treatment for elevated Lp(a) is controversial. Most experts agree that, at the very least, Lp(a) should be lowered to a level no higher than 30 mg/dL, and that this significantly reduces heart attack risk.37 Niacin is the most effective direct treatment for lowering Lp(a), though higher doses are required than for other abnormalities (1000–4000 mg per day, which should be prescribed and monitored by a physician).
    Le Magazine March 2007 - Ask The Doctor
    To reduce LDL or Lp(a), higher doses (from 1000 mg up to 4000-5000 mg per day) are often used, with higher doses providing greater effects. However, doses this high should be taken only with a physician’s supervision. Keep in mind that it may take three months or longer to realize the full lipid-optimizing benefits of niacin.
    Author Switches to Macrobiotic Foods to Help Her Body Heal, Grow Stronger.
    Life Extension Daily News
    Becoming Whole, by Meg Wolff
    Lulu.com - Self Publishing - Free
    to buy, cheaper as download
    1 gram 10% Tcreame is converting to DHT - go with shots if levels do not lower. Common problem with creames. Not adding another drug when not necessary to many people having problems with it as is. using saw palmento 320 mgs NOw. Getting prostrate ultra sound

Cholesterol lowered because of not diet but adding in excessive copper driving mangese down. I was eating ton of red meat and eggs every day and butter.

testosterone, Dhea is negative proportional with Lp(a)
    Naicin and Vitamin C lowers it too. Copper toxicity lowers both!!

Hcg I agree, but I want to stabilize self on just tcreame first and see if it is absorbing better . retest in one week. If not goto shots to solve that problem. i like to do one thing at time so I know what is working and what is not..

Doing 50 mgs of Dhea now 25 mgs am and pm range only goes up to 397 using TMG 500 BID with 400 mgs sam-e.

Using niacin now non flush 1500 mgs a day. I am an undermethlyator niacin depeltes methyl groups why conservative with it..

Probiotics I do 100 bilion a day

I agree get other estrogen tested I have an idea that hidden estrogen domaince/ Copper imbalacnce is a factor using calcium d glucrate now 500 BID as precaution so when I check urine test I will get a more accurate reading then the DIM. Some thing drove dhea into the ground it may be the low thryoid (ft4) ft3 is listed above and imbalance of not enough dhea to cortef. Mpre so I think the excessive copper to raise low normal copper levels up which drove adrenals/thyroid into the ground..

Its a copper/estrogen/histamine imbalance getting stool sample to verify gut pathogens

Diet is better then common body building diet. All organic and whole foods nothing else and very balanced with digestive enzymes.
  6. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%

1 gram 10% Tcreame is converting to DHT - go with shots if levels do not lower. Common problem with creames. Not adding another drug when not necessary to many people having problems with it as is. using saw palmento 320 mgs NOw. Getting prostrate ultra sound

Cholesterol lowered because of not diet but adding in excessive copper driving mangese down. I was eating ton of red meat and eggs every day and butter.

testosterone, Dhea is negative proportional with Lp(a)
    Naicin and Vitamin C lowers it too. Copper toxicity lowers both!!

Hcg I agree, but I want to stabilize self on just tcreame first and see if it is absorbing better . retest in one week. If not goto shots to solve that problem. i like to do one thing at time so I know what is working and what is not..

Doing 50 mgs of Dhea now 25 mgs am and pm range only goes up to 397 using TMG 500 BID with 400 mgs sam-e.

Using niacin now non flush 1500 mgs a day. I am an undermethlyator niacin depeltes methyl groups why conservative with it..

Probiotics I do 100 bilion a day

I agree get other estrogen tested I have an idea that hidden estrogen domaince/ Copper imbalacnce is a factor using calcium d glucrate now 500 BID as precaution so when I check urine test I will get a more accurate reading then the DIM. Some thing drove dhea into the ground it may be the low thryoid (ft4) ft3 is listed above and imbalance of not enough dhea to cortef. Mpre so I think the excessive copper to raise low normal copper levels up which drove adrenals/thyroid into the ground..

Its a copper/estrogen/histamine imbalance getting stool sample to verify gut pathogens

Diet is better then common body building diet. All organic and whole foods nothing else and very balanced with digestive enzymes.
    Why are you depriving your body from you own testosterone?
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%

Why are you depriving your body from you own testosterone?
    i agree with 100 % but I do not have access to hcg at the moment and by adding in hcg now it will not tell exactly what the creame is really doing on its own. I do have low normal LH 2.5 (1.1- 9.0) and elevated fsh which I do not know the meaning of yet. Hcg will probably also drive the dhea up as well due to activating the p450 cytochrome. My dr is taking things in layers to be safe. Right nowi do not think the creame is absorpbing because I have not shaved in a freaken week and still just have peach fuzz. By adding in hcg and not telling dr it will throw the results off next time of the test. Dr john likes to stabilize people first on just creame and then add in the other later, by adding in to many variable then you do not know what is really working or not. But yes I agree I am shutting down my own production no doubt, but that can be added later on. If I was my own dr I would have started at 5% and hcg 250 is EOD and then 2 weeks tested everything, make adjustments then, but unforutantely I do not have the power to do that. If dht comes back high again then I am going straight to shots. I tried applying it in smaller areas the creame but obviously not the solution. The cortef is working perfectly because my calcium levels are back in the mid range they have not been there in 2 years !!

Questioning is what dropped the DHEA in the toilet?
    hypothyroid thyroid, copper toxcity, hidden estrogen dominace, cortisol imbalance, low progesterone, hidden infection?

And what bumped up the shbg
    excessive cortisol/dhea , or estrogen imbalance
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Please see above.
    See above.
    Thank you Doctor, right on.

Do you have enough time to discuss his very high Lp(a)

Quote:
    "Liporptein A 111 <75 "

LEF recomends to keep it under 20
    Normal reference is under 30
    Not sure where hi got 75
    ============================== =============
    How do you measure Test/Estrogen ratio?

page 83 of LifeExtension Revolution by Philip Miller MD
    have a table on it, but it is rather confusing.

Test/estrogen ratio, optimal (80-120)
    Estradiol/freeT ratio, optimal = less than 1.0

it is confusing when compared to individual components recomended ranges.
  9. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%

Please see above.
    So what i suspected along was happening estrogen domaince that has been hidden for almost 3 years. I understand what you are saying is that even my estrodial is "Perfect" in range , but the rationship to the testosterone is still too high causing symptoms of excessive estrogen (low zinc,ect) . So switching to a gel should help this problem. Adding in an antiestrogen at this point would be uselss correct. How can DHT be invalid essy? I kind of thought that too like how can that be so elevated with no increase in Testosterone..

As for elevated Lp(a) is more likely indicating elevated Estrogen/Testosterone, dhea ratio as main cause then anything.

Stop taking DHEA its causing more estrogen to rise then anything adding more insult to injury, increasing prostrate enlargement?

Being flooded with estrogen for so long would my receptors in the brain and cells be so over loaded that tesotsterone is being resistant in body?
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%

Quote:
    "and said it feels severely enlarged and suspects that from the DHT increase from the cream. He needs to look up a few studies which prove this absolutely is not true. Your PROSTATE is enlarged because you have too much E compared to T."

Could you post a reference to one of those studies.
    When I see my prostate doctor at Sloan Kettering Memorial, Manhattan
    I would like to discuss that with him.
  11. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%

So what i suspected along was happening estrogen domaince that has been hidden for almost 3 years. I understand what you are saying is that even my estrodial is "Perfect" in range , but the rationship to the testosterone is still too high causing symptoms of excessive estrogen (low zinc,ect) . So switching to a gel should help this problem. Adding in an antiestrogen at this point would be uselss correct. How can DHT be invalid essy? I kind of thought that too like how can that be so elevated with no increase in Testosterone..

As for elevated Lp(a) is more likely indicating elevated Estrogen/Testosterone, dhea ratio as main cause then anything.

Stop taking DHEA its causing more estrogen to rise then anything adding more insult to injury, increasing prostrate enlargement?

Being flooded with estrogen for so long would my receptors in the brain and cells be so over loaded that tesotsterone is being resistant in body?
    The more reason to get tested for:
    TotalEstrogen
    Estradiol
    so you could see the T/E ratio

I see DIM+I3C+TMG in you future.

There are at least two types of gel, 1%Androgel, 5%gel.

Not sure of which gel was compared (favorably) to a Tcream.
    If it is 5%gel and 10%Tcream, why one is better then the other. Gel will need more skin area relative to cream.
  12. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%

The more reason to get tested for:
    TotalEstrogen
    Estradiol
    so you could see the T/E ratio

I see DIM+I3C+TMG in you future.

There are at least two types of gel, 1%Androgel, 5%gel.

Not sure of which gel was compared (favorably) to a Tcream.
    If it is 5%gel and 10%Tcream, why one is better then the other. Gel will need more skin area relative to cream.
    Compounding guy said he could make 10% gel.

Now we are in 100% agreement..But I think alot of the problem was the shift from AA/EPA ratio causing alteration in estrogen metabolism over the past year of having too much AA and not enough fish oils. I was tihnking of urine test from Rheine labs would give a better over all picture of what is going on then a blood test. This show free levels and we can see really how bad the estrogen is elevated in diffrent types. I am doing TMG NOW with sam-e. My main focus is to see how out of balance the estrogen really is. I used androgel before and it worked good with absorption. Actually due to the fact that I am stable now I consult dr john before adding anything to the mix so to speak. I just started the dhea so thats not a problem to stop since it has not built up yet. Like I said I got real lucky a while back on 5% creame with hcg 250 EOD ius and .5 mgs armidex m,th felt like a million BUCKS best I felt ever, but other dr had me stop everything to get a base line reading and insurance ran out and i could not afford testing which was a freaken mistake and I literally almost lost it mentally, and hot flashes, boobs hurt ect,

My dr is order a stool sample test, and RBC fatty acid profile - to check AA/EPA ratio and asking to get rhein labs urine test. I think some one told me it was $225

Similar Forum Threads

1. Just got labs results in!!
    By John2211 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 02:33 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
  3. Saliva/Cortisol test results in! Any feedback?
    By raw1973 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 02:18 AM
  4. Ok just got my order in...starting monday
    By East1600Plus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-06-2007, 08:49 AM
  5. just got bulk cissus in
    By anapolack in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-22-2006, 07:21 PM