If testicles do not shrink on TRT ....they were not working?

S

spinn

Awards
  • Established
If one is on trt and their testicles are not atrophying......could that possibly imply that they were not producing testosterone BEFORE the trt was begun?

To me it implies they were only producing a minimal amount of testosterone and may of shrunk a only small amount with the introduction of an outside source of said testosterone.

P

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im not a MD and don't have complete understanding of all this, but honestly, that makes perfect sense.

In general, the bigger the testicals, the more T being produced. The smaller, the less. So if testicals are already undersized/shrunken/or have shrunken/or not currently shrinking at all on T, it may very well be the case that T production has waned.

One interesting thing I would like to note is that Ive heard from several who have had very noticable increases in testical size from hCG.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
If one is on trt and their testicles are not atrophying......could that possibly imply that they were not producing testosterone BEFORE the trt was begun?

To me it implies they were only producing a minimal amount of testosterone and may of shrunk a only small amount with the introduction of an outside source of said testosterone.
Or the TRT is not working, which is the case for some on transdermals.

And it takes a while for shrinking to occur and that varies because everyone is different.