Dr. John - Peyronies and HRT

BigTom

Awards
Dr. John,

I was telling my next door neighbor about the success of my HRT. He asked me if I thought it would help a condition he has, called "Pyronies disease." He said it's basically scar tissue that has formed, causing his erection to bend. (I tried not to laugh).

His urologist gave him some meds, but he says he still has "bent **** syndrome". BUMMER!
He says his erection has about a 45 degree angle in it!
Is he messing with me or is there really such a thing?

Anyway, I told him I would inquire about his condition. Would Test or GH get him straightened out?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There are new techniques coming out every day to treat this disease. Ive read about good things from injections of certain drugs such as verpamil(SP?) and vitamin E. Ive also heard of oral vit E + potent fish oil and CLA help treat this as well.

The best thing one can do is learn about it young and prevent it from happening in the first place.

BigTom

Awards
There are new techniques coming out every day to treat this disease. Ive read about good things from injections of certain drugs such as verpamil(SP?) and vitamin E. Ive also heard of oral vit E + potent fish oil and CLA help treat this as well.

The best thing one can do is learn about it young and prevent it from happening in the first place.
He has no idea how it happened. Although he said it was gradual. Over the last 5 years. He thought he wasn't getting enough bloodflow at first because the effected area would take longer to expand.
He blew it off as old age, until his full blown boner had a permenant bend, always in the same place.
He does take high BP meds, which , I guess, can be a suspect.
Thanks.

Megazoid

Awards
BP med's are known to cause this condition for many men. This is most likely the cause. Hormones can cause this too (lack of erections, weak erections, etc). Some guy's that take proscar get this too, so it must be hormonal also.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
He has no idea how it happened. Although he said it was gradual. Over the last 5 years. He thought he wasn't getting enough bloodflow at first because the effected area would take longer to expand.
He blew it off as old age, until his full blown boner had a permenant bend, always in the same place.
He does take high BP meds, which , I guess, can be a suspect.
Thanks.
Is your friend circumcised? I know you don't know, but if you get a chance, ask him.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Just curious
Is it possible to have a low estrogen and elevated shbg ?

Megazoid

Awards
I believe it is. This would mean a reduction in free t and little E2 for the body. I think this happened to me before i started HCG. If your body cannot produce enough T then i believe (though could be wrong) the T will be used first and only a little E2 will be produced.

My SHBG has went down to 20 on the last bw.

BigTom

Awards
No, peyronies is scar tissue on your dikc, just under the skin. It doesn't expand when the rest of it does. so its like pinching yourself half way up, causing a bend in the penis. The only way to get rid of it is to eliminate the scar tissue. Meds don't seem to work. So you can have surgery, or live with it.
This guy is 55. He does take BP meds, sex is not ahuge issue for him. He just wanted to know if HRT would help. And the answer is no.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I believe it is. This would mean a reduction in free t and little E2 for the body. I think this happened to me before i started HCG. If your body cannot produce enough T then i believe (though could be wrong) the T will be used first and only a little E2 will be produced.

My SHBG has went down to 20 on the last bw.
That also kept me wondering, but I did not put that in words there.
I know supplementing with T affects SHBG, but you seems quite sensitive in this.
We will know more after two or more tests under steady conditions.
Steady= same thing for more than a month, specially, daily or very frequent T, 2 or more/week.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No, peyronies is scar tissue on your dikc, just under the skin. It doesn't expand when the rest of it does. so its like pinching yourself half way up, causing a bend in the penis. The only way to get rid of it is to eliminate the scar tissue. Meds don't seem to work. So you can have surgery, or live with it.
This guy is 55. He does take BP meds, sex is not ahuge issue for him. He just wanted to know if HRT would help. And the answer is no.
I kinow that, Ive done extensive, extensive research on it.

There is a very high significant percentage of people with peyronies that are circumcised

BigTom

Awards
...and Dr. John???

Why no reply from the good Dr. ? This is right up his alley.

BigTom

Awards
I kinow that, Ive done extensive, extensive research on it.

There is a very high significant percentage of people with peyronies that are circumcised
So circumcision is a potential cause for this problem???
Come on, Dude. That's like saying haircuts cause strokes.:toofunny:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So circumcision is a potential cause for this problem???
Come on, Dude. That's like saying haircuts cause strokes.:toofunny:
Think outside the box.

People have thrown around theories about this. There is alot of data connecting the two.

It is known that physical trama to the erect penis is why the damage occurs and scar tissue builds up.

The hypothesis is that circumised men, who are significantly less sensitive in that region(thats a fact, most report a loss of 30 percent that are cut as adults), are more at risk, due to more aggressive sex(both with a partner and self)

Megazoid

Awards
Very good theory. I agree with this one. Hormones also play a role in this, maybe due to how "hard" your erection is and how rough you are.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Think outside the box.

People have thrown around theories about this. There is alot of data connecting the two.

It is known that physical trama to the erect penis is why the damage occurs and scar tissue builds up.

The hypothesis is that circumised men, who are significantly less sensitive in that region(thats a fact, most report a loss of 30 percent that are cut as adults), are more at risk, due to more aggressive sex(both with a partner and self)
I think thats crazy. I cant see how sensitivity would effect how rough sex would be, everyone should be giving it there all anyway :D

Penile injuries occur when the chick is on top and it comes out and she lands on it on the way down.

I am thinking of a circumsision so I did research and theres no loss in sensitivity, its a myth.

The truama when cirumcised is the skin, with peyronies its the tunica albuginea that has problems.

BigTom

Awards
I'm out. Peace!

Since we've had our giggles, and NEVER got a medical opinion.

I'm going to tell ol' Jim he's stuck with Peyronies until further medical developments arise. God...imagine an " J " shaped dikc if you were in your 20's, 30's, 40's, even 50's !!!

...There by the grace of GOD go I...

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
He can try this:
Vitamin E 400IU - once a day
100mg Grape seed extract - twice a day
CLA 500-1000mg - once a day
2000-3000mg fish oil - once a day
Acetyl-L Carnitine 500mg - twice a day
All with food except the last one.

MacDonnell

Awards
I am thinking of a circumsision so I did research and theres no loss in sensitivity, its a myth./QUOTE]

This is not necessarily true - There is an ongoing debate.

Also, not ALL blood pressure meds have been linked to Peyronie's - only one specific type (i.e., beta blockers).

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think thats crazy. I cant see how sensitivity would effect how rough sex would be, everyone should be giving it there all anyway :D

Penile injuries occur when the chick is on top and it comes out and she lands on it on the way down.

I am thinking of a circumsision so I did research and theres no loss in sensitivity, its a myth.

The truama when cirumcised is the skin, with peyronies its the tunica albuginea that has problems.
You are very, very wrong.

There are millions of nerve endings in the foreskin. Nearly 1/3 of the penile skin is removed during circumcision. It is a barbaric medical procedure that is completely unnecessary. European countries know this and its not very common over there(seems like europe is so far ahead of us in alot of ways, isn't it?)

Anyone here that has spent time reading this board should be able to know that mother nature designs things for a reason that mankind cannot improve upon.

Anyways, yes its true that an injury can occur during rough sex. But alot of the newer theories is that its a gradual process that takes years to occur, and that its actually masterbation(rough) that may be the real reason why(due to less sensation in cut adults, the less sensitive cut adults use more/harder stimulation to climax, which leads to scar tissue buildup over time)

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
You are very, very wrong.

There are millions of nerve endings in the foreskin. Nearly 1/3 of the penile skin is removed during circumcision. It is a barbaric medical procedure that is completely unnecessary. European countries know this and its not very common over there(seems like europe is so far ahead of us in alot of ways, isn't it?)

Anyone here that has spent time reading this board should be able to know that mother nature designs things for a reason that mankind cannot improve upon.

Anyways, yes its true that an injury can occur during rough sex. But alot of the newer theories is that its a gradual process that takes years to occur, and that its actually masterbation(rough) that may be the real reason why(due to less sensation in cut adults, the less sensitive cut adults use more/harder stimulation to climax, which leads to scar tissue buildup over time)
Yea theres heaps of nerve ending in the foreskin and it is the most sensitive part but thats like saying shampoo makes you smarter.

Its not a completely barbaric procedure, its more clean and hygienic, and studies have suggested it lowers your risk of STIs by a large percentage, including Herpes and HIV.

MacDonnell

Awards
I have to agree with Plymouth here. I don't think parents should have the right to circumsize their infant sons. I believe this is totally akin to genital mutilation, and that no one should have the right to do that to any boy who is too young to have his say in the matter. I certainly feel (as a circumsized guy) that I do NOT have nearly the same sensitivity as I would with a foreskin - and when I think about it, I get sort of pissed off at my parents for doing this to me. Hectic, you are correct about the STD/HIV transmission thing, however. Still, I wish I had been able to make the decision myself.

Megazoid

Awards
My mate got cut the other day because during sex a few weeks ago he ripped his bango-string when his girl landed on his **** wrong. Can't even bare to imagine the pain of ripping that!

I do believe everyone should have the choice about whether they are cut or not.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yea theres heaps of nerve ending in the foreskin and it is the most sensitive part but thats like saying shampoo makes you smarter.

Its not a completely barbaric procedure, its more clean and hygienic, and studies have suggested it lowers your risk of STIs by a large percentage, including Herpes and HIV.
So should I chop off my armpits because they get stinky?

Its called soap and water. Doesn't take long to wash, no matter how "Big" you are :icon_lol:

And by the way, wear a dam condom!

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with Plymouth here. I don't think parents should have the right to circumsize their infant sons. I believe this is totally akin to genital mutilation, and that no one should have the right to do that to any boy who is too young to have his say in the matter. I certainly feel (as a circumsized guy) that I do NOT have nearly the same sensitivity as I would with a foreskin - and when I think about it, I get sort of pissed off at my parents for doing this to me. Hectic, you are correct about the STD/HIV transmission thing, however. Still, I wish I had been able to make the decision myself.
Your exactly right. Can't blame your parents though, they simply just didn't know any better. It started off with the nutzo religious people as a way to keep there kids from masterbating. Somehow it got passed down from generation to generation and has spread like a disease.

If you ever have a son one day, Im sure you now know what not to do. It should be outlawed unless your a consenting adult.