Pre-existing condition.....??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Pre-existing condition.....???

1. Advanced Member

Pre-existing condition.....???

This post may seem paranoid but I am not sure how to handle it and need to be careful.

I have been telling anyone that would listen for twenty years that I feel absolutely horrible and need help. Every doctor I saw said I was fine and my parents said "its just depression". I know the difference and always knew my issues are legitimate.

No dr has ever really told me anything was wrong because my numbers are within range. As we all know.....being at the low end of the testerone range is not healthy. There has been high cholesterol for a while but that was only mildly addressed.

After seeing numerous drs who said I was fine, I eventually lost the ability to work and then lost my insurance.

I have just started up insurance which I put on a credit card. I am now with Kaiser Permanente.

My question is....if I tell drs at Kaiser that I have felt lousy for years....can they then turn around and deny me care because I felt bad before I had insurance with them?

Keep in mind I have never been officially diagnosed with anything anything other than high cholesterol. I ask this becasue I just got a recent round of tests with several problems and want to tell them the whole story.

I am very concerned about this.

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    This post may seem paranoid but I am not sure how to handle it and need to be careful.

I have been telling anyone that would listen for twenty years that I feel absolutely horrible and need help. Every doctor I saw said I was fine and my parents said "its just depression". I know the difference and always knew my issues are legitimate.

No dr has ever really told me anything was wrong because my numbers are within range. As we all know.....being at the low end of the testerone range is not healthy. There has been high cholesterol for a while but that was only mildly addressed.

After seeing numerous drs who said I was fine, I eventually lost the ability to work and then lost my insurance.

I have just started up insurance which I put on a credit card. I am now with Kaiser Permanente.

My question is....if I tell drs at Kaiser that I have felt lousy for years....can they then turn around and deny me care because I felt bad before I had insurance with them?

Keep in mind I have never been officially diagnosed with anything anything other than high cholesterol. I ask this becasue I just got a recent round of tests with several problems and want to tell them the whole story.

GEt a new dr and examine your endocrine system mainly thyroid issues. many people go undiagnosed for several years. MY gf works at mayo clinic and they are the best in the US but i got her test back and looked over it. Her thyroid was was just one number above the lowest range of t4, ferritin levels were 20, liver enyzmes off the charts, but they said she was normal..I flipped my stack when i heard this. i put her on a tightly regimineted diet and still not losing weight and I was banging my head against the wall why. It was her thyroid behind it the whole time. I am working on correcting her thyroid with natural supplements and bumping up her iron intake...
  3. Advanced Member

Thanks for the response...but for this post I am just trying to make sure that I do not say anything that will allow them to classify my condition as pre-exixting.

Am I being paranoid?
    •   

4. Registered User

Thanks for the response...but for this post I am just trying to make sure that I do not say anything that will allow them to classify my condition as pre-exixting.

Am I being paranoid?
    I had same thing. I called the previous dr and got the diagnostic codes. You can not have the same pre existing diagnosisi for one year prior thats for blue cross blue shieild. My current dr made new diagnosis and used new codes that way new insurance can not ever deny you. You need to consult with the dr to make him aware of this and he can work with you.

Example
    low testosterone = erectile dysfunction
    my personal opinoin would be checked for blood sugar imbalnces if nothing is found. Glucose tolerance test will reveal it and it revealed hidden reactive hypoglycemia for me and 3 of my clients I sent to have it done and drs could not find anything wrong with them either. Well they finally got there answer. Im sure this is only part of the puzzle because they have never had thorugh hormone testing done and that is the next step the cortisol salvia and I am sending them to my current dr that like dr john leaves no stone unturned..
  5. Advanced Member

Youre good. Just got my Glucose and it is 101 range 70-99. Triglycerides are 200 and top of range is 150.

So basically anything I was diagnosed with in the past year will not be covered. I wonder how they handle it if I wasnt insured...anyway that is still encouraging.
  6. Registered User

Clincial hypothryoid and glucose intolerance/ inuslin resistance are staring right at you..You got 2 of the 4 identifiers look at total cholesterol and then hdl and you may have your answer. reasearch syndrome X I bet your dhea is in crapper too and your free cortisol level may be high !! First - 2nd stage of adrenal fatigue. It technically one year from date of when you where last diagnosed. I would be more concerned with diagnosis codes that matter not if you had insurance or not.
  7. New Member

Your rights vary from state to state. Under HIPAA, the insurance carrier can exclude a pre-existing condition for up to 12 months, but that is subject to an involved set of conditions (what type of plan were you covered under b4, how long were you covered, how long is the gap in coverage, etc.)

Many states have enacted their own laws that operate along side of HIPAA. For example, in California, carriers can only exclude pre-existing conditions for 6 mos in most cases.

The above is an extremely general statement of the situation. In reality, the picture is pretty cloudy because the rules and their application are so complicated.
  8. Advanced Member

My DHEA is 1.1 range 0.5-2.3 done by urine test. My estradiol is 2.0 range 0.5-2.0 (too high and a concern).

My temps are generally steady in low 97s although often lower during stress. Temps do not vary much during day so adrenals seem ok. I am taking low dose of Armour but hoping to increase soon.

The dr who gave me ARmour is not covered by insurance so I if they dont recognize him I doubt they will ever know.

This is actually encouraging insurance wise. Every conventional dr I see says "Its just depression, but watch that cholesterol". No dr has diagnosed me with anything.
  9. Registered User

My DHEA is 1.1 range 0.5-2.3 done by urine test. My estradiol is 2.0 range 0.5-2.0 (too high and a concern).

My temps are generally steady in low 97s although often lower during stress. Temps do not vary much during day so adrenals seem ok. I am taking low dose of Armour but hoping to increase soon.

The dr who gave me ARmour is not covered by insurance so I if they dont recognize him I doubt they will ever know.

This is actually encouraging insurance wise. Every conventional dr I see says "Its just depression, but watch that cholesterol". No dr has diagnosed me with anything.
    Estrogen drive insulin and vice versa
    hypothyroidism witho out adrenal fatigue will cause elevated cholesterol.
    Estrogen going to alter t4 to t3 conversion over time will cause free cortisol/testosterone to drop due to increasing cortisol binding hormone which is rarely tested. your thyroid binding hormone is probably also elevated clogging up the thyroid even more. As you can see its one vicious cycle !! Which needs to be choked off from 2 sides, Controling estrogen and treating under active thyroid will also help to correct the cholesterol problem. I have seen cholesterol drop 30-40% when thyroid properly adjusted and all other imbalnaces corrected

Priority exam lifestyle and make changes to reduce stressful situations. Your profile is that of some one that is dealing with a phyiscal or mental trauma. Go back to when you were first feeling bad and to see if you can find the trigger (mental phyiscal chemical) and work from there. If you have unsolved issue mentally you can not just sweep it under the rug because that information is implanted into DNA and is transfered from cell to cell and over time. IT builds up and one day wacks us so hard it knocks us on our ass and all it takes is one trigger to do it..

1. address thyroid/estrogen/insulin imbalances
    2. Check for underlying adrenal prblems via salvia or cortisol testing.
    3. check testosterone/free test/shbg/estrodia/ferrtin/ft3/ft4/tbg
    4. Check homocystein its probably above 9 or more and need TMG, b-12, folic acid this will also help to metabolism the estrogen. Add in 60 mgs zinc with 2 mgs of copper a day for now
    5. with estrogen problems check serum copper they usually go hand and hand.
    6. Bump up magensium glycinate to 400-600 before bed with 30 mgs zinc this will help to aid in anxiety and mental exhaustion
  10. Professional Member

Just find friendly doctor, preferably ostheopath, and ask him to do blood test listed below.
    If you are near zip code 07410, you are in luck.
    Latter, with your tests in hand he could take a next step, and get you right treatment (possibly).
    Below blood tests I will give you some ICD-9 codes, they are diagnostic codes, if they are right your insurance will most likely pay at least for the blood test. Make your doc put all of them (and more) on your script for the blood test.
    Post here any new ICD-9 numbers that you will learn in the process.
    Post your complete test here, plus any medicine or supplements you were taking , plus your complaints.
    Do the tests at Quest Diagnostisc, you can find close one here:
    Patient Service Centers
    Quest Diagnostics: Patient Service Centers
    Complete metabolic Panel
    Hepatic Function Panel
    Lipid Panel
    CBC

Total Estrogens
    estrone
    Estradiol, sensitive
    Progesterone
    Pregnenolone
    Total Testosterone
    Free Testosterone (calculated)
    Bio-available Testosterone (calculated)
    Albumin
    sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG), serum
    DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
    Hematocrit
    prolactin, serum
    FSH (3rd Generation)
    LH
    Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
    Free (T3) triiodothyroxine
    Free T4
    Total T4
    Total T3
    DHEA Sulfate
    Cortisol, AM/PM
    SOMATOMEDIN C (IGF-1)
    IGF-BP3
    C-reactive protein (high-sensitivity)
    Fibrinogen
    Hemoglobin A1C
    Lp(a)
    Bilirubin
    AST (SGOT)
    ALT(SGPT)
    VLDL
    Homocysteine
    Insulin, fasting
    Glucose, plasma
    Magnesium
    Vitamin D, 1, 25-Dihydroxy
    Folate
    Vitamin A
    Ferritin
    B12, selenium, zinc, copper
    Free PSA
    FreePSA/Total PSA
    aldosterone
    Estradiol, Bioavailable
    ============================== ===
    ICD9Data.com - Free 2007 ICD-9-CM Medical Coding Database
    257.2 Other testicular hypofunction
    272.4 Other and unspecified hyperlipidemia
    601.9 Prostatitis unspecified
    780.4 Dizziness and giddiness
    780.79 Other malaise and fatigue
    788.41 Urinary frequency

MESO-Rx - View Single Post - Adrenal fatigue, does it really exist?
    255 Disorders of adrenal glands
    For coding adrenal fatigue, I just use the code for Other Specified Disorders of the Adrenal Glands - which I call Adrenal Fatigue
    255.8 Other specified disorders of adrenal glands
    HGH and Insurance Coverage
    Dr. John 12-17-2006, 06:25 AM
    ICD-9 253.3 Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Just find friendly doctor, preferably ostheopath, and ask him to do blood test listed below.
    If you are near zip code 07410, you are in luck.
    Latter, with your tests in hand he could take a next step, and get you right treatment (possibly).
    Below blood tests I will give you some ICD-9 codes, they are diagnostic codes, if they are right your insurance will most likely pay at least for the blood test. Make your doc put all of them (and more) on your script for the blood test.
    Post here any new ICD-9 numbers that you will learn in the process.
    Post your complete test here, plus any medicine or supplements you were taking , plus your complaints.
    Do the tests at Quest Diagnostisc, you can find close one here:
    Patient Service Centers
    Quest Diagnostics: Patient Service Centers
    Complete metabolic Panel
    Hepatic Function Panel
    Lipid Panel
    CBC

Total Estrogens
    estrone
    Estradiol, sensitive
    Progesterone
    Pregnenolone
    Total Testosterone
    Free Testosterone (calculated)
    Bio-available Testosterone (calculated)
    Albumin
    sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG), serum
    DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
    Hematocrit
    prolactin, serum
    FSH (3rd Generation)
    LH
    Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
    Free (T3) triiodothyroxine
    Free T4
    Total T4
    Total T3
    DHEA Sulfate
    Cortisol, AM/PM
    SOMATOMEDIN C (IGF-1)
    IGF-BP3
    C-reactive protein (high-sensitivity)
    Fibrinogen
    Hemoglobin A1C
    Lp(a)
    Bilirubin
    AST (SGOT)
    ALT(SGPT)
    VLDL
    Homocysteine
    Insulin, fasting
    Glucose, plasma
    Magnesium
    Vitamin D, 1, 25-Dihydroxy
    Folate
    Vitamin A
    Ferritin
    B12, selenium, zinc, copper
    Free PSA
    FreePSA/Total PSA
    aldosterone
    Estradiol, Bioavailable
    ============================== ===
    ICD9Data.com - Free 2007 ICD-9-CM Medical Coding Database
    257.2 Other testicular hypofunction
    272.4 Other and unspecified hyperlipidemia
    601.9 Prostatitis unspecified
    780.4 Dizziness and giddiness
    780.79 Other malaise and fatigue
    788.41 Urinary frequency

MESO-Rx - View Single Post - Adrenal fatigue, does it really exist?
    255 Disorders of adrenal glands
    For coding adrenal fatigue, I just use the code for Other Specified Disorders of the Adrenal Glands - which I call Adrenal Fatigue
    255.8 Other specified disorders of adrenal glands
    HGH and Insurance Coverage
    Dr. John 12-17-2006, 06:25 AM
    ICD-9 253.3 Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency
    Just got the insurance bill for those tests $5200 lab charges they get 1150 of it
  12. Senior Member

Am I being paranoid?
    Don't say anything and when you see the Dr. tell him this just started if you tell him you have see many Dr.'s and felt like this a long time he may think you are depressed. Just start fresh.

Similar Forum Threads

1. My experience: Letro vs. Nolva for combatting pre-existing gyno
    By Vordhosbn in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 02:46 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 01:49 AM
  3. EPistane or letro for pre-existing gyno
    By Motox in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 01:21 AM
  4. New to AM intro and about TRT with other pre-existing conditions