calvin6697

Awards
My results after a month on 5g. of androgel are,
Total Testosterone 297 ng/dl
Free testosterone 10.7 pg/ml
LH level 5.6 mIU/l
cortisol 13.2 ug/dl
Estrogen 232 pg/ml

Test was done by LabCorp. Estrogen seems way out of range. What can I do to get this down? Also they bumped me up to 7.5g per day.

W

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
LH level 5.6 mIU/l
cortisol 13.2 ug/dl
Estrogen 232 pg/ml

Test was done by LabCorp. Estrogen seems way out of range. What can I do to get this down? Also they bumped me up to 7.5g per day.
What were the reference ranges? Why was there not a "Sensitive Estradiol" test? Estradiol is the form of estrogen that is of interest.

H

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Like others said we need to know the range and if it was male senstive essay. Well we need to know albumen, dht, shbg, dhea-s as well because your free test is really low probably indicating that either you are converting to estrogen or possible dht. There is not just enough information to determine what is going on. Also your adrenals look alittle low normally 16 would be cut ioff and the higher the better.

Possibiltites
1. test is converting too much estrogen or dht or both
2. body shut down its own natural production what little it had
3. you need more testosterone.
4. adrenal imbalance

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
LH level 5.6 mIU/l
cortisol 13.2 ug/dl
Estrogen 232 pg/ml

You have a wrong e test. Get estradiol E2.

You should go for 10mg Androgel.
I was on Androgel, it is second best way.
I am now on 100mg/1gram Tcream from womensinternational.
Cheap and v good.
You would need 1gram of Tcream (1/4 tea spoon, very small amount) to equal 10grams of Androgel, speking of amount of T only, not skin permiability, so far it works for me, but I did not blood tested as of yet.
If you insist on using LabCorp, get
TotalTestosterone
SHGB
Albumin
forget their FreeT, it is useless.
You will be able to calculate
FreeT
and
BAT
once you have the above values.

C

calvin6697

Awards
What were the reference ranges? Why was there not a "Sensitive Estradiol" test? Estradiol is the form of estrogen that is of interest.
Reference range is 40-115. It is very hard to get my doc to do all the tests. She originally was only calling for total test and free. I talked her into doing estrogen, cortisol, LH. She is not very informed on this subject.

C

calvin6697

Awards
Like others said we need to know the range and if it was male senstive essay. Well we need to know albumen, dht, shbg, dhea-s as well because your free test is really low probably indicating that either you are converting to estrogen or possible dht. There is not just enough information to determine what is going on. Also your adrenals look alittle low normally 16 would be cut ioff and the higher the better.

Possibiltites
1. test is converting too much estrogen or dht or both
2. body shut down its own natural production what little it had
3. you need more testosterone.
4. adrenal imbalance
What is adrenals is this cortisol?

C

calvin6697

Awards
You have a wrong e test. Get estradiol E2.

You should go for 10mg Androgel.
I was on Androgel, it is second best way.
I am now on 100mg/1gram Tcream from womensinternational.
Cheap and v good.
You would need 1gram of Tcream (1/4 tea spoon, very small amount) to equal 10grams of Androgel, speking of amount of T only, not skin permiability, so far it works for me, but I did not blood tested as of yet.
If you insist on using LabCorp, get
TotalTestosterone
SHGB
Albumin
forget their FreeT, it is useless.
You will be able to calculate
FreeT
and
BAT
once you have the above values.
What kind of results did you obtain with 10g of andro? as far as total.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I guess i asked for the wrong test as far as estogen.
Do i need to ask for estradiol?
Estradiol, sensitive

What kind of results did you obtain with 10g of andro? as far as total.
Mine was quite high on 10grams of Androgel
Total Testosterone--932ng/dL(241-827)
That is why I latter changed to 7.5grams and latter to 0.75grams of Tcream
But I respond quite well to Androgel
My first try was 5grams of Androgel, that have given me T~600's, your is much lower, that is why I suggest 10grams Androgel or 1gram Tcream

K

kincaiddave

Awards
What is adrenals is this cortisol?
Cortisol is one of the hormones made by the adrenal glands. There is no way to know if you have adrenal issues based on the one test, especially without knowing the time of blood draw.

C

christopher

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol is one of the hormones made by the adrenal glands. There is no way to know if you have adrenal issues based on the one test, especially without knowing the time of blood draw.
Unless I'm misinformed, isnt saliva a more accurate test for cortisol levels...(4x daily interval testing...)?

And cortisol doesnt tie directly to adrenals, does it..?

C

christopher

Awards
  • Established
Estradiol, sensitive

Mine was quite high on 10grams of Androgel
Total Testosterone--932ng/dL(241-827)
That is why I latter changed to 7.5grams and latter to 0.75grams of Tcream
But I respond quite well to Androgel
My first try was 5grams of Androgel, that have given me T~600's, your is much lower, that is why I suggest 10grams Androgel or 1gram Tcream
Why cream..?

Why not injections.../

I have heard alot of negatives about creams, as in the negative effects on estrogen/dht metabolism....

I'll never use a cream again, especially since my baseline is 500, and cream signals my body to stop natural test production, and also ups dht/estrogen levels thru metabolism/aromatase....

K

kincaiddave

Awards
Unless I'm misinformed, isnt saliva a more accurate test for cortisol levels...(4x daily interval testing...)?

And cortisol doesnt tie directly to adrenals, does it..?
Saliva testing is generally accepted as a good means of testing cortisol levels. Cortisol is produced by the adrenal glands.

C

christopher

Awards
  • Established
Saliva testing is generally accepted as a good means of testing cortisol levels. Cortisol is produced by the adrenal glands.
What I meant to say was do cortisol levels alone signal the presence of adrenal fatigue..?

P

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
What I meant to say was do cortisol levels alone signal the presence of adrenal fatigue..?
Yes if your cortisol levels are low in a 4 times a day Saliva test and you don't feel good. You may well have Adrenal Fatigue. So next is to do a ACTH Stim. test to see if your Primary or Secondary.

C

christopher

Awards
  • Established
Yes if your cortisol levels are low in a 4 times a day Saliva test and you don't feel good. You may well have Adrenal Fatigue. So next is to do a ACTH Stim. test to see if your Primary or Secondary.
I posted my cortisol test results and was told they were normal..

Been taking iodide and thyroid plus adrenals and cant stay awake during the day....

Whats the ACTH and whats primary and secondary...?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Why cream..?

Why not injections.../

I have heard alot of negatives about creams, as in the negative effects on estrogen/dht metabolism....

I'll never use a cream again, especially since my baseline is 500, and cream signals my body to stop natural test production, and also ups dht/estrogen levels thru metabolism/aromatase....
Each and every testosterone supplementation will make that signal.
We use HCG to overcome that and stimulate testicles to make any T that they are still capable of producing.

P

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I posted my cortisol test results and was told they were normal..

Been taking iodide and thyroid plus adrenals and cant stay awake during the day....

Whats the ACTH and whats primary and secondary...?
ACTH is the horomone that tells your adrenals to make cortisol so they give you this and if your levels double it means your not getting this message from the pituitary and your Secondary.

The best test for cortisol is a 4 times a day salive test.

C

christopher

Awards
  • Established
We use HCG to overcome that and stimulate testicles to make any T that they are still capable of producing.
Yeah, But I heard from a very reputable source to avoid creams (whether I need TRT or not, whether I'm 37 or 67yrs old) and, if trt is appropriate, try and attain the gains by stimulating naturally OR use injections....

Also heard that user cant get muscle gains from cream, yet from cypionate, for ex, gains may be achieved...

So heres my question...what level does a healthy active athletic male of say, just for examples sake (lol) 37 yrs old, optimum test level? IGF level? E2 level?

And , just for examples sake, say your baseline was 500...What could level could you expect to reach using HCG alone..? In conjunction w/TEST? W/HGH also..?

C

christopher

Awards
  • Established
ACTH is the horomone that tells your adrenals to make cortisol so they give you this and if your levels double it means your not getting this message from the pituitary and your Secondary.

The best test for cortisol is a 4 times a day salive test.
I had the 4x daily cortisol saliva panel.....posted my levels here in another thread and was told that they were normal/good...yet, Im takin thyroid and treating adrenals due to present symptoms....

P

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, But I heard from a very reputable source to avoid creams (whether I need TRT or not, whether I'm 37 or 67yrs old) and, if trt is appropriate, try and attain the gains by stimulating naturally OR use injections....

Also heard that user cant get muscle gains from cream, yet from cypionate, for ex, gains may be achieved...

So heres my question...what level does a healthy active athletic male of say, just for examples sake (lol) 37 yrs old, optimum test level? IGF level? E2 level?

And , just for examples sake, say your baseline was 500...What could level could you expect to reach using HCG alone..? In conjunction w/TEST? W/HGH also..?

Creams work great for some, not so great for others. Some people say thyroid issues may be the reason why non cream responders are as such.

Healthy T levels for a guy in his 30's would be 6 hundreds....Most have T levels at that age in the 4 to low 5's.

IGF levels are ideal at 300. E2 levels are ideal in the 20's.

I have no idea about what kind of a result one would get from standalone hCG because the people on such treatment are few and far between.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

I think that the "reputable" source is full of it.
Certain level of testosterone level in the blood is all that counts no matter how it got there. Cream, gells, implants are probably better than injections because they keep the level steady. Injections are causing levels to fluctuate.

I think there is no optimum test level, we are really worrying about FreeT and BioavailableT. But they in turn depend on other factors, mostly SHBG, Albumin, but also Estrogens and Thyroid, probably others. So the standard answer is that as a first approximation we want to get the TotalT into about 750. Then at the same time work on the other factors. When everything else is optimized, I would say that at that point one would like to look at FreeT and BAT and try to set them as closes as possible to
Freet=199(pmol/L)
BAT=5.5(nmol/L)
This numbers are the best I could find, and it is from
----http://www.atypon-link.com/WDG/doi/pdf/10.1515/JLM.2006.050
Tables 2&4 (recent, 2006 data)
--------------
Using T supplements will shut down testicles, we want to use small amount of HCG, 100IU every day, or 250IU every other day, to keep the testicles in cosmetic shape and also producing any T that they are capable, plus possible other unknown benefits. If testicles are producing T, one would use less of Tcream, just enough to arrive at this ideal balance of FreeT and BAT.

B

biker340

Awards
I'd have to agree with JanSz,, I am currently on 5 mg/d of Androgel and have a free test level of a whopping 363..
I work out 5 days a week and I am seeing good results in the gym..

Having a little extra testosterone in your body does help and it doesn't matter how it got there.. What really matters in the gym is your diet. All the test in the world won't give you results, unless your diet is in check..