Elevated Estogen And Supplements

calvin6697

Awards
I am currently using Andro-gel (7.5 per day) Test levels are rising but Estogen levels are to. My question, is there any validity to taking an all in one supplement, i.e. T3, to control E levels, and help Test levels?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A supplement should never take place of a perscription drug. What are your estradoil levels from bloodwork? Your MD should be monitoring them and treat if needed with an AI like arimidex.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am currently using Andro-gel (7.5 per day) Test levels are rising but Estogen levels are to. My question, is there any validity to taking an all in one supplement, i.e. T3, to control E levels, and help Test levels?
Always start with good blood test, post if you have one.
I was taking 7.5gram of Androgel, just the right dose fo me.
I think it is second best choice.
I changed to Tcream from womansinternational
100mg/1gram, I take 0.75gram, 1gram spoon scraped at 45degree over edge of container. I put it on my calf. I have a grandson so transfer is of concern.
I used to use larger amounts of Androgel and had E2 problems.
No I do not use Arimidex, do not need.
I use DIM, I buy lot of supplements from LEF, so my DIM is theirs too, Double-Action 5 pills daily plus 1000mg TMG.
Dr John used to work with Dr Delgado, and I think used his DIM, 300-400mg daily.
That would be four pills of
Estroblock (60 ct) has 100mg DIM with I3C 50mg
Estroblock with I3C -60 count
always add TMG
DIM works by balancing good/bad estrogens in favor of good,
They all swear about DIM but always slip little bit of I3C.
There is some controversy about it.
-------
There is Indolplex
PhytoPharmica Indolplex with DIM
it have only DIM.
It behaves differently than any other.
Take whatewer works for you, you may hear other opinions, I post what I think Dr John supports, you can read it in his 2005 post right here:
MESO-Rx - View Single Post - I am on HRT with DIM...
He do not support flax seed anymore.
-----------------------------------------------------
It is good practice to optimize adrenals and thyroid, get tested
FreeT3
FreeT4
DHEA
Cortisol

calvin6697

Awards
A supplement should never take place of a perscription drug. What are your estradoil levels from bloodwork? Your MD should be monitoring them and treat if needed with an AI like arimidex.
I forgot the actual number, but it was high normal,( estadoil is the same as estogen correct?). The supplement i am referring to has the folowing,
Vitamin B6 10.5 mg
Magnesium 450 mg
Zinc 30 mg
German Tribulus Terrestris Extract
Cissus Quadrangularis Extract
Dim
Chrysin
Stinging Nettle
Saw palmetto
and more
The claim is that it is Testosterone Stimulating, Free Testosterone Stimulating,Estogen Anti-Aromatase complex, Estogen Blocking complex, DHT Anti-Aromatase Complex, Receptor Transduction Complex, Anabolic/Anti-catabolic Complex.
Are you saying these types of supplements may be a waste of money? Thanks for your help

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I forgot the actual number, but it was high normal,( estadoil is the same as estogen correct?). The supplement i am referring to has the folowing,
Vitamin B6 10.5 mg
Magnesium 450 mg
Zinc 30 mg
German Tribulus Terrestris Extract
Cissus Quadrangularis Extract
Dim
Chrysin
Stinging Nettle
Saw palmetto
and more
The claim is that it is Testosterone Stimulating, Free Testosterone Stimulating,Estogen Anti-Aromatase complex, Estogen Blocking complex, DHT Anti-Aromatase Complex, Receptor Transduction Complex, Anabolic/Anti-catabolic Complex.
Are you saying these types of supplements may be a waste of money? Thanks for your help
Cut the trib that can boost estrogen through the roof !!
Plus the dosages are not high enough to actually do anything.
Stick to plan ZMA and you will be fine and DIM and then retest, estrogen and thyroid go hand and hand as well

Sam-e, TMG works well to but get homocysteine levels checked first before using sam-e
you can use TMG with any homocystein levels majority of populaion is already throught the rough and no wonder why america is so unhealthy,, but no normal DO ever checks the simple stuff and base everything thing on cholesterol when forget about fibrogen, lp(a), homocysteine levels which are more direct indicators of hiddne healthy problems

calvin6697

Awards
Always start with good blood test, post if you have one.
I was taking 7.5gram of Androgel, just the right dose fo me.
I think it is second best choice.
I changed to Tcream from womansinternational
100mg/1gram, I take 0.75gram, 1gram spoon scraped at 45degree over edge of container. I put it on my calf. I have a grandson so transfer is of concern.
I used to use larger amounts of Androgel and had E2 problems.
No I do not use Arimidex, do not need.
I use DIM, I buy lot of supplements from LEF, so my DIM is theirs too, Double-Action 5 pills daily plus 1000mg TMG.
Dr John used to work with Dr Delgado, and I think used his DIM, 300-400mg daily.
That would be four pills of
Estroblock (60 ct) has 100mg DIM with I3C 50mg
Estroblock with I3C -60 count
always add TMG
DIM works by balancing good/bad estrogens in favor of good,
They all swear about DIM but always slip little bit of I3C.
There is some controversy about it.
-------
There is Indolplex
PhytoPharmica Indolplex with DIM
it have only DIM.
It behaves differently than any other.
Take whatewer works for you, you may hear other opinions, I post what I think Dr John supports, you can read it in his 2005 post right here:
MESO-Rx - View Single Post - I am on HRT with DIM...
He do not support flax seed anymore.
Some of the problem is that I am telling the Doc what Tests to do. All she wanted to check for was total Test and Free Test. On my second set of blood tests I talked her into checking cortisol, Estogen, and LH levels. On 5g my total went from 171 to 297, free went from 7.5 to 10.5 so she upped the andro to 7.5, I go for more tests this week. All levels were in normal level, but estogen was high normal. Any info would be great. Thanks

calvin6697

Awards
Cut the trib that can boost estrogen through the roof !!
Plus the dosages are not high enough to actually do anything.
Stick to plan ZMA and you will be fine and DIM and then retest, estrogen and thyroid go hand and hand as well

Sam-e, TMG works well to but get homocysteine levels checked first before using sam-e
you can use TMG with any homocystein levels majority of populaion is already throught the rough and no wonder why america is so unhealthy,, but no normal DO ever checks the simple stuff and base everything thing on cholesterol when forget about fibrogen, lp(a), homocysteine levels which are more direct indicators of hiddne healthy problems
So you are saying that ZMA and DIM should help maintain proper levels of Estogen along with Androgel?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Some of the problem is that I am telling the Doc what Tests to do. All she wanted to check for was total Test and Free Test. On my second set of blood tests I talked her into checking cortisol, Estogen, and LH levels. On 5g my total went from 171 to 297, free went from 7.5 to 10.5 so she upped the andro to 7.5, I go for more tests this week. All levels were in normal level, but estogen was high normal. Any info would be great. Thanks
Ask if she would be comfortable in consulting dr john or simple switch drs solves the problem right quickly. What normal for one person is not necessarily normal for another. TRT is really an individualized thing and dr are not willing to make adjustment and treat things based on numbers instead of symptoms. Dr john is unlike most drs and wiling to take time and make necessary adjustments not based on numbers but people. Dr john probably loves a challege once in a while i am sure...

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
yep, Go by your morning boners and then you know that things are going good also too did the Dr even check Shbg, dht levels when on gels its imperative that they do.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Get the doc to write the script, best ask her to get forms from Quest Diagnostics, writting script became piece of cake.
Go to Quest's Patients Service center, find it here:
Quest Diagnostics: Patient Service Centers
I have my preliminary order (script) for my test on end of March, how to post a picture on this board?

I test this (it is my complete yearly test, then one or two short ones)

Complete metabolic Panel
Hepatic Function Panel
Lipid Panel
CBC

Total Estrogens
estrone
Estradiol, sensitive
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone (calculated)
Bio-available Testosterone (calculated)
Albumin
sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG), serum
DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
Hematocrit
prolactin, serum
FSH (3rd Generation)
LH
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Free (T3) triiodothyroxine
Free T4
Total T4
Total T3
DHEA Sulfate
Cortisol, AM/PM
SOMATOMEDIN C (IGF-1)
IGF-BP3
C-reactive protein (high-sensitivity)
Fibrinogen
Hemoglobin A1C
Lp(a)
Bilirubin
AST (SGOT)
ALT(SGPT)
VLDL
Homocysteine
Insulin, fasting
Glucose, plasma
Magnesium
Vitamin D, 1, 25-Dihydroxy
Folate
Vitamin A
Ferritin
B12, selenium, zinc, copper
Free PSA
FreePSA/Total PSA
aldosterone

calvin6697

Awards
yep, Go by your morning boners and then you know that things are going good also too did the Dr even check Shbg, dht levels when on gels its imperative that they do.
She did not check SHBG or DHT levels, I had asked her to do all the tests that DR. John recomends, her response is that we dont do all that. However last test I did get her to check estrogen, cortisol and Lh levels. I dont know much about HRT but possibly know more than my Doc.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Yeah good luck finding a dr that will run all that stuff. Its hard enough to get them to run estrodial along with free testosterone and total test..

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
She did not check SHBG or DHT levels, I had asked her to do all the tests that DR. John recomends, her response is that we dont do all that. However last test I did get her to check estrogen, cortisol and Lh levels. I dont know much about HRT but possibly know more than my Doc.

They can run all that they just have to use proper diagnostic codes like fatigue, hypercholesterol, erectile dysfunction hyper or hypothyroid, mental confusion. Its just that they are lazy and want to ship your ass off to the endo you knows diabetes well, but not HRT

calvin6697

Awards
Get the doc to write the script, best ask her to get forms from Quest Diagnostics, writting script became piece of cake.
Go to Quest's Patients Service center, find it here:
Quest Diagnostics: Patient Service Centers
I have my preliminary order (script) for my test on end of March, how to post a picture on this board?

I test this (it is my complete yearly test, then one or two short ones)

Complete metabolic Panel
Hepatic Function Panel
Lipid Panel
CBC

Total Estrogens
estrone
Estradiol, sensitive
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone (calculated)
Bio-available Testosterone (calculated)
Albumin
sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG), serum
DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
Hematocrit
prolactin, serum
FSH (3rd Generation)
LH
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Free (T3) triiodothyroxine
Free T4
Total T4
Total T3
DHEA Sulfate
Cortisol, AM/PM
SOMATOMEDIN C (IGF-1)
IGF-BP3
C-reactive protein (high-sensitivity)
Fibrinogen
Hemoglobin A1C
Lp(a)
Bilirubin
AST (SGOT)
ALT(SGPT)
VLDL
Homocysteine
Insulin, fasting
Glucose, plasma
Magnesium
Vitamin D, 1, 25-Dihydroxy
Folate
Vitamin A
Ferritin
B12, selenium, zinc, copper
Free PSA
FreePSA/Total PSA
aldosterone
How many tubes of blood will she need to take for these tests? She probably won't know

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Look for osteopath.
This web site helps you find names, call them ask questions.
At this writting the site do not respond, give it some time.
Mine doc is at ZIP 07410

American Osteopathic Association

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Jansz
Heres a puzzle for you
Some one puts on creame 10% 1 gram 3 hours after their total test is 308, shbg doubled from 20 to 40. Dr did not run estrodial, dht, but free test levels and bioavailable are low normal. estrodial, shbg, dht wre normal baseline last blood draw. Could this mean that the cream is being absorbed but is being diverted to possible pure estrogen? Since DHT lowers shbg then estrogen is only going to increase it. Given the adrenals and thyroid are normal. Only thing I can come up is that testosterone due to lack or aromotase is being diverted to estrogen.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Never use the word Estrogen the bad guy for us men here is Estradiol "E2" if she tested Estrogen this will tell you nothing much.