Anyone ever been on a combination of gel and IM inj before for their TRT?

willis3

Awards
The reason I'm curious is because when I take Test Cyp. 100/mg per week....It gets my total levels up very well. Free Test was ok. DHT was very low and Estrogen was normal. However, when I took just (1) 5g packet of 1% Androgel my DHT was very high my total test was average and my free test was average...estrogen was high side of normal. Oddly enough though my LHand FSH were still normal. So the gel didn't do much at all for my total t but it helped my DHT considerably. So I was just curious as to the effects of taking say 75 mg test cyp per week mixed in with 2.5 mg of Androgel daily? It seems like this would help to get my DHT a little higher from the gel which did wonders for any ED and my total T would be just fine thanks to the injection. Once I had bloodwork done then the estrogen could be reduced only if necessary by whatever the doctor decided (ie arimidex, dim), this would help to fix any potential issues with SHBG and thus fee T would balance out and hopefully settle out somewhere in the upper third of the range. Or I suppose I could just ask my doc about some sort of transdermal DHT preparation since my levels were low. Any thoughts?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
I thought about this also.
With androgel pump it should make it easier, I was thinking like 50mg injection each week with 25mg androgel a day.
I havent heard of any1 trying it but it seems it would produce good levels.
The reason I was thinking about this is because the Gel has such a short half-life while the injections dont follow the circadium rythem.
And using 100mg of gel would probly send E2 too high.

willis3

Awards
I agree and, the gels also make my DHT go too high. I've heard this can be due to concentration and surface area and variations of the absorbablity due to skin type. However still I can't help but think that although this might be rather expensive and possibly overcomplicating things I can't help but wonder if for certain people like myself this would be the best route to take.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I thought about this also.
With androgel pump it should make it easier, I was thinking like 50mg injection each week with 25mg androgel a day.
I havent heard of any1 trying it but it seems it would produce good levels.
The reason I was thinking about this is because the Gel has such a short half-life while the injections dont follow the circadium rythem.
And using 100mg of gel would probly send E2 too high.

All the creme did for me so far was to send my shbg to almost double what it was before and did nothing for free t or total T. If your shbg is inceasing does that mean your dht is going down and estrogen could be going up?. Hypotheticaclly saying would armidex increase both the free and total testosterone. I have read several reports where guys were on 10% of testocreme and there estrogen doubled and shbg went down and testosterone rose only 100 points or went down even. Would this mean that it was all changing to estrodial? I am still waiting on my estrodial readings 2 weeks is too long to wait to get results this is rediculous. Mean while my boobs are hurting like hell and losing weight rapidly and all the other lovely effects. I still think that me taking cortef with out previous dr ever checking DHEA could also increase the shbg due to the fact that cortef was driving it into the ground !! Clinical studies show that DHEA also lowers SHBG because it prevents the rpevents the nasty catabolic effects of cortisol

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ive wrote about this many times before, search on my old posts. Gels are notorious for causing a higher conversion to DHT, estradoil and SHBG. They are known for that.

You can use that to your advantage. Some people have low DHT. DHT is a very important hormone that needs to be in mid range levels, no lower. Same with estradoil. Estradoil can easily be controlled. Some men, due to low T, have low E. This is bad. Gels are good for helping raise E, as long as E is kept in check.

Keep E in check and no worries about SHBG.