Signature Pharmacy Busted

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    100%

Signature Pharmacy Busted

I know a number of clincis and doctors use these guys.

Pharmacy Raided In Steroid Probe - Local News

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.45%

what will this mean to those of us who are being treated by a legit anti- aging dr who gets his rx from signature???

bob
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyn View Post
    what will this mean to those of us who are being treated by a legit anti- aging dr who gets his rx from signature???

bob
    Exactly what I was wondering.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.45%

well i got a 3 month supply of somatrpin and 5% t gel...so i'm set for 3 months.....hopefully this will get straightened out.

dr john....whatda think?

bob
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.77%

It looks like they have been shut down as computers were seized.

With that being said, I dont see testosterone as a drug because it is natural.

There is a huge difference between taking 50-100 mgs of test per night and taking 800 mgs like a lot of those stupid baseball players are probably doing.

If you drink a gallon of water a day it is healthy....if you drink ten gallons you will probably die. If the same logic were applied to water, that should be illegal too.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Does anyone know who the former mr olympia who is being indicated in the news casts?

Or any other professional or collegiate athletes?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.27%

bob
    Shouldn't mean a thing unless someone bought from them. If that is the case, (assuming you didn't have a Rx), you best take the necessary precautions. If you had a legit Rx, you are just fine, nothing to worry about.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.27%

Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    It looks like they have been shut down as computers were seized.

With that being said, I dont see testosterone as a drug because it is natural.

There is a huge difference between taking 50-100 mgs of test per night and taking 800 mgs like a lot of those stupid baseball players are probably doing.

If you drink a gallon of water a day it is healthy....if you drink ten gallons you will probably die. If the same logic were applied to water, that should be illegal too.
    Not true. Testosterone is a Schedule 3 drug and if obtained illegally it is not only a state crime, but a federal crime as well. It is as illegal as cocaine, heroin or crack.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.27%

Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post
    Does anyone know who the former mr olympia who is being indicated in the news casts?

As for a Mr O? Just pick one....they are all juiced to the max.

And professional athletes, a couple have retired now, and one is still making news. But I don't think those guys will be taken down, they are too well "isolated" from all this. It is the average Joe the Body Builder that will get busted.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.94%

Quote Originally Posted by SoMdHunter View Post
    As for a Mr O? Just pick one....they are all juiced to the max.

And professional athletes, a couple have retired now, and one is still making news. But I don't think those guys will be taken down, they are too well "isolated" from all this. It is the average Joe the Body Builder that will get busted.
    Well duh...

Just wondering if they dropped more names than Jason Grimesly
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    100%

Shouldn't mean a thing unless someone bought from them. If that is the case, (assuming you didn't have a Rx), you best take the necessary precautions. If you had a legit Rx, you are just fine, nothing to worry about.
    I do not believe you could buy directly from them. From what I have heard, they are not only going after Signature, but anti-aging doctors and clinics that have used them. The main target has to be the internet anti-agiing clinics (we all know who they are). Even though many of us use local docs or Dr John, some of us started with these clinics (before we knew better) and that could be a concern.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.53%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Not true. Testosterone is a Schedule 3 drug and if obtained illegally it is not only a state crime, but a federal crime as well. It is as illegal as cocaine, heroin or crack.
    True - it's also good to note that even IF a doctor writes you a 'script for testosterone but you don't have a true clinical need - that's still a crime. Though - I don't think the feds go after the regular folks - only the doctors.
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

My HRT doctor has my prescription filled through Signature as well.. So Signature was selling via internet illegally? Figures. So I suppose I'm out of luck now...
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.45%

I'm sure our doctors have alternate sources, however i can see the cost going up... and i'll bet everyone in the medical / anti aging industry will be on edge and extra cautious. doctors not on the straight edge will probally disapear for a while. i'd imagine this will be a good thing for doctors that are ethical and on the straight edge.

bob
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.76%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I just got off the phone with my doctor and he said Signature will be down for a few days but that everything will be fine. My prescription is about up for renewal so I was concerned.

I'm not going to hold my breath on this but maybe everything will be okay. I had blood tests to prove my low testosterone so at least this doctor actually SAW me and it wasn't via internet or anything like that...
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.95%

No its not as illegal as cocaine heroin or crack because those are schedule 1 drugs (no medical usage)
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.45%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Attorney Rick Collins just sent me the following email:

"Signature was cleared by the Florida pharmacy authorities to continue their business, so they are open."

I'll have more to say about this situation when I can free a few minutes from my day.
    thats good news...interested in hearing your thoughts

bob
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12 View Post
    No its not as illegal as cocaine heroin or crack because those are schedule 1 drugs (no medical usage)

Here is a good link
    Legal Steroids, Baseball, Use and Side Effects

What federal laws make anabolic steroids illegal for athletes? In the mid-1980’s, media reports of the increasing use of anabolic steroids in sports came to the attention of the U.S. government. This “steroid problem” was addressed by the Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990. The law applies in every federal court across the country. It places steroids in the same legal class – Schedule III -- as amphetamines, methamphetamines, opium and morphine. Simple possession of any Schedule III substance is a federal offense punishable by up to one year in prison and/or a minimum fine of $1,000. Simple possession by a person with a previous conviction for certain offenses, including any drug or narcotic crimes, must get imprisonment of at least 15 days and up to two years, and a minimum fine of $2,500. Individuals with two or more such previous convictions face imprisonment of not less than 90 days but not more than three years, and a minimum fine of $5,000, just for simply possessing. Selling steroids, or possessing them with intent to sell, is a federal felony. An individual who sells steroids, or possesses with intent to sell, is punishable by up to five years in prison (with at least two additional years of supervised release) and/or a $250,000 fine. An individual who commits such a violation after a prior conviction for a drug offense faces up to ten years imprisonment (with at least four additional years of special parole) and/or increased fines.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.95%

Quote Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
    Here is a good link
    Legal Steroids, Baseball, Use and Side Effects

What federal laws make anabolic steroids illegal for athletes? In the mid-1980’s, media reports of the increasing use of anabolic steroids in sports came to the attention of the U.S. government. This “steroid problem” was addressed by the Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 1990. The law applies in every federal court across the country. It places steroids in the same legal class – Schedule III -- as amphetamines, methamphetamines, opium and morphine. Simple possession of any Schedule III substance is a federal offense punishable by up to one year in prison and/or a minimum fine of $1,000. Simple possession by a person with a previous conviction for certain offenses, including any drug or narcotic crimes, must get imprisonment of at least 15 days and up to two years, and a minimum fine of $2,500. Individuals with two or more such previous convictions face imprisonment of not less than 90 days but not more than three years, and a minimum fine of $5,000, just for simply possessing. Selling steroids, or possessing them with intent to sell, is a federal felony. An individual who sells steroids, or possesses with intent to sell, is punishable by up to five years in prison (with at least two additional years of supervised release) and/or a $250,000 fine. An individual who commits such a violation after a prior conviction for a drug offense faces up to ten years imprisonment (with at least four additional years of special parole) and/or increased fines.
    Amphetamines, methamphetamines, opium and morphine are still not in the same class as crack because like I said the penalties for a class 1 drug are more stiff than a class 3 drug.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.12%

Quote Originally Posted by PumpingIron View Post

It is Ronnie
    Albany, NY : Timesunion.com : Steroid bust

I think Victor Martinez was on the list also.

many athletes involved, from Evander Hollyfield to unamed multiple top tier NFL and MLB players all the way down to college athletes, bodybuilders, and high school athletes. Thousands and thousands of athletes involved.
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Popa Murph View Post
    It is Ronnie

many athletes involved, from Evander Hollyfield to unamed multiple top tier NFL and MLB players all the way down to college athletes, bodybuilders, and high school athletes. Thousands and thousands of athletes involved.
    Dunno if i'd place much subtance into a site that could not even get his Olympia competes correct...2001-2005????
    And, Danny admitted that about 2 years ago...? I love how they have the words "Busted" on every pic as if...
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by Popa Murph View Post
    It is Ronnie

Some of those people have been linked to this investigation, but some are just speculation.

In the case of someone like Bonaduce, he admitted to illegal steroid use that completely shut down his system. He has been on doctor prescribed therapy for a while.
  23. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.77%

Quote Originally Posted by lat-eralus View Post
    Some of those people have been linked to this investigation, but some are just speculation.

In the case of someone like Bonaduce, he admitted to illegal steroid use that completely shut down his system. He has been on doctor prescribed therapy for a while.

To me the question is...how much steroid use does someone do to "shut down" his system? Was it ten times the recommended dose...or 100? Or could it of been of of the nineteen other drugs he was taking? Ten glasses of water are good for you....1000, not so good.

Seems like steroids are a convenient scapegoat that plays right into the medias hands.

By the way....this whole case is part of the effort to shut down compounding pharmacies.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.45%

i realize that this is the wrong area for this but to comment on the previous post and for some edumacation ) for the youngsters that occasionally come here....

twenty five years ago i was taking tes, deca, winstrol v, eqipose
    d bowl, anavar and others, and did a nice job of getting myself a nice case of drug induced hepatitus... my "legal" source got busted so i got my gear from the gym.

yellow skin, extreemly bright yellow eyes, **** white, pissed black... went from a solid 210 to a scrawny 130 and layed in bed for a good 8 months with no energy to walk to the bathroom. i had pins and needles from head to toe.... anyone know what it's like for the ole johhny cap to have pins and needles? how about your eye balls? i had a bile build up under my skin so bad that a bright yellow schmuttzzz came out. i was itchy all the time and scratched until i bled.

how much exactly was i taking.....not sure...was it bad stuff or just overload? not sure....but i gota tell ya it sucked big time.

is it why my test levels are so low now.....probally

i'd never do anything again without proper blood tests on a regular basis. in fact i'm not doing anything that dr john doesn't over see....

ok...rant mode off )
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.56%

So, what exactly is cheating...? Is supplementing test and hgh levels to the upper normal range cheating..? Or just cheating if you do a "cycle", and blast levels above range....?

Sports are set up for the genetically gifted, and if they are "cheating", how to keep up...?
  26. The horror
    Stats
    6'4"  231 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by christopher View Post
    So, what exactly is cheating...? Is supplementing test and hgh levels to the upper normal range cheating..? Or just cheating if you do a "cycle", and blast levels above range....?

Sports are set up for the genetically gifted, and if they are "cheating", how to keep up...?
    Let's say you're an older more experienced ball player who does HRT for normal more youthful hormone levels. You have an unfair advantage over a younger player with the same natural ability because you have had more years to hone your skills and more experience in the game. No longer is strength and endurance an issue. You have cheated the effects of aging that used to mean retirement.

I'll be 49 this month, but feel 30. In some ways I'm stronger than I was at 20. I know I'm much wiser. I feel that if I knew then what I know now I could have done so much more. Youth is wasted on the young, and hormone replacement is definitely cheating because it gives an experienced man the energy and clarity of his youth. I can't be the only who was overcome with nostalgia by the feeling of testosterone coursing through his veins. It's like finding yourself all over again.
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.94%

i realize that this is the wrong area for this but to comment on the previous post and for some edumacation ) for the youngsters that occasionally come here....

twenty five years ago i was taking tes, deca, winstrol v, eqipose
    d bowl, anavar and others, and did a nice job of getting myself a nice case of drug induced hepatitus... my "legal" source got busted so i got my gear from the gym.

yellow skin, extreemly bright yellow eyes, **** white, pissed black... went from a solid 210 to a scrawny 130 and layed in bed for a good 8 months with no energy to walk to the bathroom. i had pins and needles from head to toe.... anyone know what it's like for the ole johhny cap to have pins and needles? how about your eye balls? i had a bile build up under my skin so bad that a bright yellow schmuttzzz came out. i was itchy all the time and scratched until i bled.

how much exactly was i taking.....not sure...was it bad stuff or just overload? not sure....but i gota tell ya it sucked big time.

is it why my test levels are so low now.....probally

i'd never do anything again without proper blood tests on a regular basis. in fact i'm not doing anything that dr john doesn't over see....

ok...rant mode off )

I don't really understand your point. So you made a HUUUGE mistake...but the educated user is what?...bad? wrong?
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.94%

Quote Originally Posted by colkurtz_spf View Post
    Let's say you're an older more experienced ball player who does HRT for normal more youthful hormone levels. You have an unfair advantage over a younger player with the same natural ability because you have had more years to hone your skills and more experience in the game. No longer is strength and endurance an issue. You have cheated the effects of aging that used to mean retirement.

I'll be 49 this month, but feel 30. In some ways I'm stronger than I was at 20. I know I'm much wiser. I feel that if I knew then what I know now I could have done so much more. Youth is wasted on the young, and hormone replacement is definitely cheating because it gives an experienced man the energy and clarity of his youth. I can't be the only who was overcome with nostalgia by the feeling of testosterone coursing through his veins. It's like finding yourself all over again.

Great Post!

It's a scientific world. People just need to finally understand and accept this.
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.56%

Christopher--

This time I expect you to read what I post, and follow along with the thread. This thread is NOT going to turn into a dialogue about matters such as the one you have chosen to revisit. Again, refer to my previous post.

Let's keep this thread t the matter at hand.
    More accustaions of me not reading posts....LOL

What exactly IS the matter at hand...? Pharmacies and the supply of TRT/HGH/HRT to athletes......

Isnt that what I commented about...?

You got guys talkin about everything from hepatitis to roids to crack, and you pick my comment....?

If it means me gettin banned for responding to your attack, so be it...But, I'm not gonna bow down to you and edit my thoughts and opinions.... Im not violating any forum rule...
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.56%

Christopher--This time I expect you to read what I post, and follow along with the thread. This thread is NOT going to turn into a dialogue about matters such as the one you have chosen to revisit. Again, refer to my previous post. This goes for all others as well, please.

The laws are the laws. This is how things are. Steroids are illegal--and for good reasons. That is not going to change.

Let's keep this thread to the matter at hand--following this story.
    That sounds alot different....
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.94%

I'm gonna haveta agree with Dr. John here. I probably shouldn't have made some of my posts in this thread. I hadn't realized what section I was posting in.

Chris. If you want to keep up with that argument, there are 2 other threads about the same article in different sections of the board.
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.56%

That's because I was in the middle of editing my post when you wrote yours...

Please do not feel persecuted. Note I have also asked the same of everyone else.
    Thats cool...Thankx...
  33. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.45%

sorry...i took this off also. i was just responding to one of the comments about "shutting your system down"....wrong place.

bob
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.45%

all driven by greed...glad your on the straight edge doc )

bob
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.9%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I agree with Dr John in seeing this as a major blow to legitimate TRT physicians and clinics such as his.

I am not a fan of seeing steroid use criminalized to the extent that it is, but it is also important to keep legal channels for legitimate test use open for those who really need it (like probably me, probably very soon). Companies like Signature used a legal vehicle to dispense test illegally and now all legal enterprises are threatened as a result.
  36. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.77%

I think what may be just as bad as this is all playing into the hands of the drug companies who want compounding pharmacies to go away so they can charge $250 for a months supply of testosterone cream that costs them probably $2 to produce.

Oh.....wait......they are doing that already.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.45%

not to mention all the R & D cost. i spend alot of time in several
    pharmaceutical companys and am told that some drugs run into
    the billions in R & D costs before the product comes near to hitting the consumer market.

bob
  38. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.56%

not to mention all the R & D cost. i spend alot of time in several
    pharmaceutical companys and am told that some drugs run into
    the billions in R & D costs before the product comes near to hitting the consumer market.

bob
    Thats why you cant watch TV w/out seeing advertisements pushing phars....They have to make back their initial investment....

One ties into the next....
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.2%

We are currently negotiating with several compounding pharmacies to provide my patients with their medications. As you would expect, as soon as Signature went down, many contacted us seeking our business. I expect we will make our decision within the next 48 hours.
    Squeeze em Doc....we need to get the prices down!
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.56%

We are currently negotiating with several compounding pharmacies to provide my patients with their medications. As you would expect, as soon as Signature went down, many contacted us seeking our business. I expect we will make our decision within the next 48 hours.

I know of a good compounding pharmacy...want me to PM you the contact info..?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Signature Pharmacy
    By bobbyn in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 11:00 AM
  2. Recent Busts....Who's Fault?
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-01-2003, 03:11 PM
  3. Upjohn Pharmacy No Longer Exists
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4