DR Arrested because the medicine he prescribed works - AnabolicMinds.com

DR Arrested because the medicine he prescribed works

  1. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    DR Arrested because the medicine he prescribed works


    This Dr was arrested because he is prescribing a medicine that is the best sleep medicine in the world. It is a natural substance that puts you into stage 3 and 4 sleep almost immediately. The reason this man was arrested, and I am the last person one earth to defend drs at this point, is because the conventional multi billion dollar sleep meds like ambien would essentially disappear if this medicine went public.

    The drug companies will not let this happen. This medicine has been hijacked by a smal comapny and now costs $600 a month, rarely, if ever. covered by insurance. Before they hijacked it and made it a schedule III drug, it cost about ten dollars a month.

    I take this medicine and it is the only one that has worked for me. If I take ambien I wake up with a migraine. Xyrem has no side effects whatsoever. I have developed a slight tolerance to it but that is all.

    The drug companies are complete and total evil personified.

    Doctor Arrested for Promoting Off-Label Use of Xyrem - Physician's First Watch

  2. Registered User
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,184
    Rep Power
    26293

    Reputation

    Interesting, I see it also is that lil known GHB thing too.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  3. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1986

    Reputation

    Dr. Gleason was earning most of his income from the drug company.
    This just strikes me as very suspicious.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    4373

    Reputation

    I hate it when the media calls it GBH then makes a reference to "grievous bodily harm".

    It seems every single street drug has its medical use, and if they dont then they atleast used to. But yea this stuff is pretty bad, from what I have seen at clubs its very easy to OD on.
  5. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    That is propoganda. Nobody...repeat nobody has ever overdosed from GHB. If one drinks nineteen drinks, takes some GHB and dies in an auto accident is that an "overdose"? One person did fall asleep in a cold area and die of hypothermia after drinking probably 50 times the normal dose. Another common problem is drs misdiagnosing people who take too much and are essentially asleep. If the drs would leave them alone, they would be fine albeit asleep for quite a while.

    This is all propoganda deisgned to scare people and drs away from this medicine driven by the industries desire to protect ambien et al.

    I have taken this for three years now and it is the only medication I have ever taken with absolutely no side affects.

    A lot more info is here:
    CERI: The GHB Page

    People need to be more aware of this medication.

    I do feel it should be controlled...just not to the point that it costs 100 times as much as it used to, $600 a month not covered by almost all insurance.
  6. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    4373

    Reputation

    OD doesnt neccesarily mean death, it just means taking more than what you intended. This guy at a club used to get on it and every time he would get on it, it would end up with his mates being like "should we call an ambulance" in regards to it as a street drug its like alcohol times 10, ugliest drug.
    I am not saying its a bad drug for medical use, but on the street it has a really bad name because stupid dealers dont color the liquid, so idiots leave bottles of water lying around with GHB in it, so when drinks get mixed up things happen, its ment to be dyed blue.
  7. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    We are talking about two different things. As a sleep aid this is second to none. As a drug, most probably take 50 times the normal dose which is 5 ml or about a tablespoon.

    Another side note.....Xyrem is not GHB...it will not get you high and therefore has no street value. In smaller doses that would get you high if it were GHB, you just get drowsy and feel out of it.

    I am curious though...your friend that I am sure took way to much of it....was he hung over the next day? (assuming he did not also drink alcohol)

    A hangover is your body telling you how horrendous of a drug alcohol is.

    It seems like many of us have bought into all of this negative propoganda.
  8. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    We are talking about two different things. As a sleep aid this is second to none. As a drug, most probably take 50 times the normal dose which is 5 ml or about a tablespoon.

    Another side note.....Xyrem is not GHB...it will not get you high and therefore has no street value. In smaller doses that would get you high if it were GHB, you just get drowsy and feel out of it.

    I am curious though...your friend that I am sure took way to much of it....was he hung over the next day? (assuming he did not also drink alcohol)

    A hangover is your body telling you how horrendous of a drug alcohol is.

    It seems like many of us have bought into all of this negative propoganda.
    Not to be a ****... but you sound like any common pot head/coke fiend. Blinders are put on to all the negative... and only let information in if it shines a positive light on your substance.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  9. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Also taken from the first few paragraphs of this drug profile off of drugs.com

    Also note the first line.

    What is the most important information I should know about Xyrem?
    Xyrem is also known as GHB, a known street drug of abuse. Because of the potential for abuse and the serious side effects that may occur, Xyrem is available only through a special program. Your doctor will explain the risks and benefits of using Xyrem, and the medication will be delivered to you from a central pharmacy.
    Xyrem is habit-forming and you can become physically and psychologically dependent on it. Xyrem should be used exactly as your doctor has prescribed it for you. Do not use more of the medication than recommended. Do not take Xyrem for longer than your doctor has prescribed. Talk with your doctor if you feel that the medication is not working.
    Xyrem will cause drowsiness and must be taken while you are in bed. Do not drive, operate machinery, or perform other hazardous activities for at least 6 hours after taking Xyrem. You may still feel sleepy the morning after taking the medication. Use caution when driving or doing anything else that requires you to be alert and awake.
    Xyrem must be taken at bedtime and again two and a half to four hours later. This medicine works very fast and should be taken while you are sitting in bed ready for sleep. Prepare both doses while you are getting ready for bed, so that you will not have to get up to prepare the second dose. Place the second dose next to your bed so you can take it without getting up. You will most likely need to set an alarm to awaken for the second dose.
    Do not take other medicines that make you sleepy (such as alcohol, cold medicine, pain medication, muscle relaxants, and medicine for depression or anxiety)
    The Historic PES Legend
  10. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Not to be a ****... but you sound like any common pot head/coke fiend. Blinders are put on to all the negative... and only let information in if it shines a positive light on your substance.

    Adams
    Thanks for not being a ***** . Since you are not being a ***** did you even bother to read my post where I said that Xyrem has absolutely no purpose other than to put you to sleep?

    In small doses it does nothing other than make you drowsy but not drowsy enough to put you to sleep. I dont know what they did to it but it does not get you high in any way shape or form.

    If you want to take ambien and the other neuro-toxic meds that gave me some of the worst migraines I have ever experienced be my guest.

    Arent these all the same things they say about TRT?
  11. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    Yes, you can OD on GHB without alcohol. Anything can have a street value as well. If you have arguments on something that fine. Whether it is for or against but try and stick to facts or 'in my opinion'.



    *waves to Dr. J*
  12. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    Thanks for not being a ***** . Since you are not being a ***** did you even bother to read my post where I said that Xyrem has absolutely no purpose other than to put you to sleep?

    In small doses it does nothing other than make you drowsy but not drowsy enough to put you to sleep. I dont know what they did to it but it does not get you high in any way shape or form.

    If you want to take ambien and the other neuro-toxic meds that gave me some of the worst migraines I have ever experienced be my guest.

    Arent these all the same things they say about TRT?
    Well first you said Xyrem is NOT GHB. Then I found it to actually be NOTHING BUT GHB. Which ones of your "Facts" are actually correct before we attack other drugs?

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  13. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,789
    Rep Power
    11678

    Reputation

    Just to reiterate what the good Doc said earlier...Please keep it clean(applies to everyone) and remember what forum we're in.

    Please respect Dr. J and how he wishes to keep his forum kept.
  14. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    I should of stated my point earlier. GHB is gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid and xyrem is sodium oxybate. They dont seem to be the same thing to me but I amagine somehow they could be.

    What I am absolutely certain of is that Xyrem has absolutely no positive feelings other than to put you to sleep. I was curious and tried a small dose of Xyrem a few times and all it did was make me feel like I do after driving two hours......ie kinda tired, kinda out of it.

    This is from a site I review regarding GHB:

    "As has been emphasized, the overall safety of GHB is well-established, and no deaths attributable to GHB have been reported over the thirty year period that this compound has been in use [Vickers, 1969; Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. In fact, as of 1990, only forty-six adverse reactions had been reported in the United States surely constituting only an infinitesimal fraction of actual usage, all followed by rapid and complete recovery [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. Unlike a large proportion of other drugs including alcohol and even Tylenol, GHB has no toxic effects on the liver, kidney or other organs [Vickers, 1969; Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]"

    CERI: GHB Feature Article from Newsletter

    And I do realize I am contradicting myself by quoting a GHB article here. I see them as two different things as mentioned, Xyrem does nothing that makes you feel good.

    I am only trying to point out a medicine that has worked for me. If someone can point to an actual negative instance regarding Xyrem I would like to see it.
  15. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    I should of stated my point earlier. GHB is gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid and xyrem is sodium oxybate. They dont seem to be the same thing to me but I amagine somehow they could be.

    What I am absolutely certain of is that Xyrem has absolutely no positive feelings other than to put you to sleep. I was curious and tried a small dose of Xyrem a few times and all it did was make me feel like I do after driving two hours......ie kinda tired, kinda out of it.

    This is from a site I review regarding GHB:

    "As has been emphasized, the overall safety of GHB is well-established, and no deaths attributable to GHB have been reported over the thirty year period that this compound has been in use [Vickers, 1969; Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. In fact, as of 1990, only forty-six adverse reactions had been reported in the United States surely constituting only an infinitesimal fraction of actual usage, all followed by rapid and complete recovery [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. Unlike a large proportion of other drugs including alcohol and even Tylenol, GHB has no toxic effects on the liver, kidney or other organs [Vickers, 1969; Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]"

    CERI: GHB Feature Article from Newsletter

    And I do realize I am contradicting myself by quoting a GHB article here. I see them as two different things as mentioned, Xyrem does nothing that makes you feel good.

    I am only trying to point out a medicine that has worked for me. If someone can point to an actual negative instance regarding Xyrem I would like to see it.
    As said before... Sodium Oxybate, and gamma-Hydroxybutyric acid are one in the same. A quick pubmed search came up with some interesting studies. Such as Xyrem can possbily lead to restless leg syndrome (Which I have had my whole life, and IT SUCKS). It is VERY addictive, and cessasion can and most likely will lead to withdrawl. The usage of xyrem is supposed to be for narcolepsy, not insomnia. Just wondering spinn, have you ever tried a nice dosage of L-Tryptophan. I have a sleeping problem myself, and get way to groggy with prescription, and medicinal OTCs... L-Tryp has done the job wonderfully for me thus far.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  16. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Adams--Your points have already been made well, because everyone can read the previous posts in this thread.
    My apologies.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  17. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    430

    Reputation

    I am sure I am beginning to appear argumentative but am just trying to get my experiences out there.

    How can Xyrem be typical GHB if GHB in a one gram dose gets you high and all a one gram dose of Xyrem does is make you feel drwosy and out of it??

    It is not at all addictive and I wonder where these vague accusations without any backup come from. Read this site for the experiences of actual people who are taking this med: View topic - My Xyrem Experience

    When I see all of these articles just saying it is addictive yet failing too mention the fact that it is impossible to get without a prescription I wonder about their credibility.

    If I did not know better and turned on the TV....I would think testosterone was the worst drug on earth and people were dieing in the streets.

    The disinformation and "studies" seem to be convincing people the wrong things.

    Again....can someone please point me to one actual person who has had a bad experience on Xyrem....just one person?
  18. Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,407
    Rep Power
    700731

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    I am sure I am beginning to appear argumentative but am just trying to get my experiences out there.

    How can Xyrem be typical GHB if GHB in a one gram dose gets you high and all a one gram dose of Xyrem does is make you feel drwosy and out of it??

    It is not at all addictive and I wonder where these vague accusations without any backup come from. Read this site for the experiences of actual people who are taking this med: View topic - My Xyrem Experience

    When I see all of these articles just saying it is addictive yet failing too mention the fact that it is impossible to get without a prescription I wonder about their credibility.

    If I did not know better and turned on the TV....I would think testosterone was the worst drug on earth and people were dieing in the streets.

    The disinformation and "studies" seem to be convincing people the wrong things.

    Again....can someone please point me to one actual person who has had a bad experience on Xyrem....just one person?
    Xyrem (sodium oxybate) Information Page Here is a link to FDA website... stating GHB, and Sodium Oxybate are the same.

    You are missing the point. Even though OXYCOTIN is a prescirbed drug.... there are TONS of people addicted to that. Because it is prescription, doesnt mean its impossible... or even difficult to get. I can go and get HydroCodone in the mail for less than a buck a pill.

    As for the bad expierience with Xyrem... considering MOST doctors are scared to even prescribe it... I dont think personal expieriences are going to be overly abundant.

    Also... please tell me your reference for GHB vs. Xyrem.... you seem to bring about (Or at least sounds like it) personal expieriences.

    Im not saying Xyrem is a bad drug, Im sure it has its uses. But for insomnia, I dont think should be one of them. Especially since it FLOODS your brain with dopamine... to an incapacitating state.

    Have you ever tried its cousin GABA for sleep? Its in the same family as GHB, and many have GREAT expieriences with it.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Havoc - is the verdict in? blood work, results...
    By Alpine in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 01:46 PM
  2. ATW - Let's talk to the Owner - He is listening
    By wheystation in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 03:45 PM
  3. I like one of the Identical twins I work with
    By kranden in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 05:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in