On Thyroid Replacement therapy...T3 is good but t4 is low

W

willis3

Awards
Hi, I'm on all natural thyroid t3/t4 combo prepared for me by a compunding pharmacy. I'm on 90 mg or 1.5 grains per day. It's t3=13.5 mcg and t4=57 mcg. My labs came back with free t3 looking pretty good. However it looked like my t4 was low and my t3 uptake was on the higher end of normal. Also I have naturally high TBG and at one time had an enlarged thyroid, not overly so but it was considered goiter. Anyways I'm still feeling a little sluggish and slow, depressed, was wondering if it is a good idea for the T4 to still be optimized if it is low. I read that it can actually be beneficial to have t4 levels optimal as well, not just t3. Would convincing my doc to consider adding in a little additional t4 like maybe 25 mcg or so of t4 be something to consider. meaning would bringing up the low t4 potentially benefit me in any way.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi, I'm on all natural thyroid t3/t4 combo prepared for me by a compunding pharmacy. I'm on 90 mg or 1.5 grains per day. It's t3=13.5 mcg and t4=57 mcg. My labs came back with free t3 looking pretty good. However it looked like my t4 was low and my t3 uptake was on the higher end of normal. Also I have naturally high TBG and at one time had an enlarged thyroid, not overly so but it was considered goiter. Anyways I'm still feeling a little sluggish and slow, depressed, was wondering if it is a good idea for the T4 to still be optimized if it is low. I read that it can actually be beneficial to have t4 levels optimal as well, not just t3. Would convincing my doc to consider adding in a little additional t4 like maybe 25 mcg or so of t4 be something to consider. meaning would bringing up the low t4 potentially benefit me in any way.
MESO-Rx - View Single Post - For those of you on thyroid medication

P

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
If I were you I would get off the compound t3/t4 med and do Armour it will give you the other hormones you get from a healthy thyroid. There are 7 different kinds of T2 you will not get from you your compounded thyroid med.