How high is too high for total testosterone

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Hi
How high would the total testosterone test need to be in order for it to be too high? I am asking this relative to maintaining good health and not doing damage.

I get my blood tested at Lab-Corp and the range is 241-827 ng/dL.

I usually get my blood tested on day 7, 156 hours after the injection of testosterone-cypionate. For my last test I came in at 855ng/dL. I thought this was a little high myself so I dropped from 125 mg/week to about 115 or so. When I followed up with my doc he was confirming the original dosage and then I told him that when I got the fax of the bloodwork I dropped the dosage. I currently have the 3cc syringes, but I asked them to order me 1cc ones that way I can measure more accurately.

The bottle I have of T-cyp from the compounding pharmacy my doc uses has 10mL 200mg/whatever.
I have calculated that I have "intended to have" used 1830 mg, or 9.15mL. I really doubt I will get another shot out of it, so I am measuring on the high side.

Here are my blood tests, all done on day 7 @ 156 hours past injection +/- 1 hour for each month chronologically. The dosages below are from the doctor, while dropping to 112/115 was my idea.
100 mg/week test = 515ng/dL
150 mg/week test = 1055 ng/dL
125 mg/week test = 855 ng/dL

The doc wants to see the blood test come in around 650-750, but seems most concerned that it is over 824 and therefore flagged as high on the report. In some ways I am happy to have a local doctor at will prescribe, but the dude I see works for the owner doctor and he is old and cranky and stuck in his ways. Whether I got my blood tested on day 1 or day 7, I do not think their interpretation would change.

Am I losing about 30 percent from my max over the week? It seems like with injections you are always going to have a different T level every day. Is there really a number in which if you go over 2 out of 7 days is bad?

My LDL did go up 15 points from the end of 100mg/week injections to where I am now. The LDL is still good at 77, and HDL has come up again to 43 maybe.

Does the bottle need to be shaken at all before injections? Does the T settle in oil like salad dressing does?

Any recommendations here? I hate to sound as if I am self-prescribing, but it is more like self-confirmation.

Thank you

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi
How high would the total testosterone test need to be in order for it to be too high? I am asking this relative to maintaining good health and not doing damage.

I get my blood tested at Lab-Corp and the range is 241-827 ng/dL.

I usually get my blood tested on day 7, 156 hours after the injection of testosterone-cypionate. For my last test I came in at 855ng/dL. I thought this was a little high myself so I dropped from 125 mg/week to about 115 or so. When I followed up with my doc he was confirming the original dosage and then I told him that when I got the fax of the bloodwork I dropped the dosage. I currently have the 3cc syringes, but I asked them to order me 1cc ones that way I can measure more accurately.

The bottle I have of T-cyp from the compounding pharmacy my doc uses has 10mL 200mg/whatever.
I have calculated that I have "intended to have" used 1830 mg, or 9.15mL. I really doubt I will get another shot out of it, so I am measuring on the high side.

Here are my blood tests, all done on day 7 @ 156 hours past injection +/- 1 hour for each month chronologically. The dosages below are from the doctor, while dropping to 112/115 was my idea.
100 mg/week test = 515ng/dL
150 mg/week test = 1055 ng/dL
125 mg/week test = 855 ng/dL

The doc wants to see the blood test come in around 650-750, but seems most concerned that it is over 824 and therefore flagged as high on the report. In some ways I am happy to have a local doctor at will prescribe, but the dude I see works for the owner doctor and he is old and cranky and stuck in his ways. Whether I got my blood tested on day 1 or day 7, I do not think their interpretation would change.

Am I losing about 30 percent from my max over the week? It seems like with injections you are always going to have a different T level every day. Is there really a number in which if you go over 2 out of 7 days is bad?

My LDL did go up 15 points from the end of 100mg/week injections to where I am now. The LDL is still good at 77, and HDL has come up again to 43 maybe.

Does the bottle need to be shaken at all before injections? Does the T settle in oil like salad dressing does?

Any recommendations here? I hate to sound as if I am self-prescribing, but it is more like self-confirmation.

Thank you
Total Testosterone is only one measure.
The other are
FreeTestosterone
and Bioavailable testosterone

TT is a sort of general indicator
the other two are more specific

If you are at LabCorp, they do not have a good test for them.
FreeT and BAT should be calculated (not assayed).
Their value depends on a level of SHBG and Albumin on the day you draw a blood. They themself (specially SHBG) depend on TotalT level.
So if you have TT, SHBG and albumin you can calculate the FreeT and BAT yourself, using
Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator
and
http://www.get-back-on-track.com/en/tools/umrechner.php

Ideally you want
FreeT=199(pmol/L)(dr Shippen starts at 160)
BAT=5.5(nmol/L)
this values are taken from 2006 work:
----http://www.atypon-link.com/WDG/doi/pdf/10.1515/JLM.2006.050
Table 2 CalcV BAT and Calc2 BAT in comparison to ammonium sulfate precipitation BAT found in different studies.
(10 healthy young men )
and
Table 4 CalcV FT and Calc2 FT in comparison to equilibrium dialysis FT found in different studies.
(10 male control subjects)
----------------------------------------
You may want to go to Quest Diagnostics
they have a test for
Free, Bioavailable, and Total Testosterone
Testosterone, LC/MS/MS
as one of the available tests for testosterone.
=====================================
With correct testosterone levels you can expect less of a estrogene problems.
Aso steady levels of testosterone promote less estrogene problems. From that creams and gells are better than injections.
There are other points of view.
That is why we often have lively doscussions.