A New Drug on the Horizon Fispemifene.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Fispemifene is a new, selective estrogen receptor antagonist that is being developed as an oral treatment for testosterone deficiency and associated disorders in men. Symptoms of low testosterone include sexual dysfunction, muscle wasting, reduced bone density, lowered energy levels and glucose intolerance. Unlike testosterone replacement therapies, fispemifene utilizes the body's normal feedback mechanism to increase testosterone levels into, but not beyond, the normal range. By blocking estrogen feedback to the pituitary with a drug like fispemifene, the pituitary increases LH and FSH secretion which increases testosterone secretion. As these rising testosterone levels feedback on the pituitary, LH and FSH secretion return toward normal and testosterone reaches a new, albeit higher, steady state level. Based on this mechanism of action, fispemifene is being studied for the treatment of androgen deficiency and associated symptoms. We believe that increased production of testosterone may treat many of the symptoms of low testosterone. In a Phase II study we conducted in hypogonadal men, fispemifene increased total testosterone levels by 78% over 28 days of treatment.

QuatRx : Fispemifene

Clinical Trial: Efficacy and Safety Evaluating Fispemifene in the Treatment of Hypogonadal Men With Erectile Dysfunction Unresponsive to PDE5 Inhibitors.

This could mean for me no more shots or high E2 problems.
Phil

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Fispemifene is a new, selective estrogen receptor antagonist that is being developed as an oral treatment for testosterone deficiency and associated disorders in men. Symptoms of low testosterone include sexual dysfunction, muscle wasting, reduced bone density, lowered energy levels and glucose intolerance. Unlike testosterone replacement therapies, fispemifene utilizes the body's normal feedback mechanism to increase testosterone levels into, but not beyond, the normal range. By blocking estrogen feedback to the pituitary with a drug like fispemifene, the pituitary increases LH and FSH secretion which increases testosterone secretion. As these rising testosterone levels feedback on the pituitary, LH and FSH secretion return toward normal and testosterone reaches a new, albeit higher, steady state level. Based on this mechanism of action, fispemifene is being studied for the treatment of androgen deficiency and associated symptoms. We believe that increased production of testosterone may treat many of the symptoms of low testosterone. In a Phase II study we conducted in hypogonadal men, fispemifene increased total testosterone levels by 78% over 28 days of treatment.

Clinical Trial: Efficacy and Safety Evaluating Fispemifene in the Treatment of Hypogonadal Men With Erectile Dysfunction Unresponsive to PDE5 Inhibitors.

Phil
Thats awesome news !!
Progrrmer if I was taking testocreme in plo base and already had problems with estrogen conversion to begin with (zinc deficncy) is it possible for taking the 10% creame that it was converting straight to estrogen rather then tesosterone resulting in elevated shbg and even lowering serum testosterone?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Phil
=====================
Very nice find, good work Phil.
This new medicine may work for me too and many others.
======================
The same company have drug QRX-431.
QuatRx : QRX-431
Here I learned about T3 :
"The naturally occurring thyroid hormone, T3, has been shown to lower LDL cholesterol and Lp(a) through its effects on the thyroid beta receptor, but T3 also stimulates the thyroid alpha receptor which produces potentially harmful increases in heart rate. "

It look like it pays to take maximum dose of Armour,
dose that would still not increase heart rate.
Among other things the pay off is lower LDL and Lp(a).
My LDL=143(0-99)mg/dL (high)
Lipoprotein(a)=13mg/dL(0-30)
==================================
I am currently at 2grains of Armour and 10mg of Cortef.
Never had any problems while increasing dose.
Heart rate or blood pressure did not changed.
Temperature is higher then on beginning (36.0C= 96.8F)
now36.4C=97.88F),
but it still fluctuates quite a bit (36C=96.8F to 37C=98.6)
most of the time it is at 36.4C=97.88F
my blood test is still two months away,
what do you say, should I increase slowly to
3grains of Armour???

I started with
Free (T3) --2.9pg/mL(2.3-4.2)

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Thats awesome news !!
Progrrmer if I was taking testocreme in plo base and already had problems with estrogen conversion to begin with (zinc deficncy) is it possible for taking the 10% creame that it was converting straight to estrogen rather then tesosterone resulting in elevated shbg and even lowering serum testosterone?
All I can tell you is find out what is low and why fix it keep everything normal as possable. If your low on Zinc and can't find any reason for this get some Zinc/Copper and take it. Don't just take something because someone said it worked for them you will be on a ton of ****. Just find what is wong and fix it. In my case I have low T, low cortisol, low Thyroid, High Estradiol and low DHEA. My reasion for this is a Pituitary so I keep this undre control. I don't use gels because the cause me joint and muscle pain and my levels don't go high enough because my skin does not let it though. I do best on shots every 3 days and HCG. You need to get to a Dr. that knows how to look for this and fix it. Like Dr. John.
Phil
Phil

magic8989

Awards
Is one of the reason you are concerned about estrogen antagonism in the brain is because it might create a serotonin deficiency?

Also isn't it a MAOI inhibitor in the brain as well?

I am just trying to understand all this hormone stuff and am testing myself.

magic8989

Awards
Well, i will do some more digging but as always i am looking forward to your future findings.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mark my words: time will prove estrogen antagonism is a terrible way to treat testosterone deficiency.

We NEED the actions of estrogens in our bodies. I am particularly concerned about the brain.
But what exactly is an ideal estradoil number?

Mine is 43 (10 - 50, quest diagnostics). Dr John, would you consider this high

Ive heard that higher end estradoil levels do help with some things, such as HDL(mine is high) and youthfull appearance of skin(me again)

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established

Ive heard that higher end estradoil levels do help with some things, such as HDL(mine is high) and youthfull appearance of skin(me again)
I guess it is all about how you feel if my E2 was this high I would be having panic attacks, breaking out in rashs, have bad ED, not able to reach an orgasm, have hard and sore nipples, look like I have a sunburn on the upper part of my body, feel hot and sweat allday, have slow voiding and a low pain in my prostate. Bad brain fog and feel like flying off the handle a lot.
Phil

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I guess it is all about how you feel if my E2 was this high I would be having panic attacks, breaking out in rashs, have bad ED, not able to reach an orgasm, have hard and sore nipples, look like I have a sunburn on the upper part of my body, feel hot and sweat allday, have slow voiding and a low pain in my prostate. Bad brain fog and feel like flying off the handle a lot.
Phil
I suffer from anxiety from time to time, and emotional at times as well. And I also suffer from BAD BAD brain fog. My forgetfullness is on par with an old mans.

The ED and other side effects though is difficult to say though. Im only 27 with at near 500 TT level and a very low BF%. Basically Im young and physically healthy. So, meaning Ive got a very healthy cardiovascular system and all other things connected, and this may be TEMPORARILY offesetting alot of the side effects you have noted. If I was older and not in such top physical shape, I wouldn't bet against not having alot the other things youve noticed.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

LEF desired (good) ranges, their values are per LabCorp tests

Estradiol 10–30 pg/mL
Estriol <2.0 mg/dL
Estrogens Total 40–115 pg/mL
Estrone 12–72 pg/mL

Print Friendly
Blood Testing Protocols
Updated: 07/18/2006

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LEF desired (good) ranges, their values are per LabCorp tests

Estradiol 10–30 pg/mL
Estriol <2.0 mg/dL
Estrone 12–72 pg/mL

Print Friendly
Blood Testing Protocols
Updated: 07/18/2006

Cool, thanks. I only had estradoil measured. Im not sure these other numbers, weren't checked.
Estriol <2.0 mg/dL
Estrone 12–72 pg/mL)

Im intested in taking as few drugs as possible, and if its something my MD thinks as an issue not messing with, thats fine with me.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
bump to see if this ever came out... and how effective it is (im aware its from 07)