Is there an specific way to come off TRT therapy?

jimmylonghorn

Awards
Is there a way to effectively come off the TRT and restart my own production as soon as possible? Doc seems to think the way to do it is cold turkey, he's open to suggestion though. I'd prefer not to have to use Clomid as I've heard there can be some emotional lability side effects that go along with it. Would it involve HCG in a regimen for a number of weeks or a certain number of days? I know this won't be easy and I might feel pretty bad, however, I'd like to minimize the time that it takes to get my own Test production going again. Any info greatly appreciated.

christopher

Awards
  • Established
I stopped a cold a month ago -after (2) mos of cream-

Dont know what my levels are now, or what they were......or, if this was the best way to do it.....

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I have stopped cold twice, once from a transdermal and the other time from IM injections of cyp.

I had a pretty soft landing from the transdermal--felt just fine for about a week after stopping then maybe a week or two of no libido, moody, tired.

Coming off of the injectable was tougher--felt OK for a week or ten days - then felt absolutely rotten in the morning after waking up--like I couldn't face the day, but was fine after coffee and being up for 30 min. or so. This went on for four or five days, then I was OK-- sleepy during the day, little libido, but otherwise fine.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Is there a way to effectively come off the TRT and restart my own production as soon as possible? Doc seems to think the way to do it is cold turkey, he's open to suggestion though. I'd prefer not to have to use Clomid as I've heard there can be some emotional lability side effects that go along with it. Would it involve HCG in a regimen for a number of weeks or a certain number of days? I know this won't be easy and I might feel pretty bad, however, I'd like to minimize the time that it takes to get my own Test production going again. Any info greatly appreciated.
Slow taper? I have not done it (yet), but I've read about a slow taper protocol at Testosterone Nation by a guy named Prisoner 22. You can go there and search for "taper" and see some discussion about it.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I really hoped to see some more info on this issue, coming off prescribed TRT, wether the new doc wants to start tests fresh or the finances prohibit continuing, I think this is a real concern. At the very least, what about estrogen rebound, and Im guessing for advice on coming off, checking the pct section might be the only way to find some info, but wouldnt some of that be overkill for the doses of trt?

Are there any general recommendations if you have to stop?

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
I really hoped to see some more info on this issue, coming off prescribed TRT, wether the new doc wants to start tests fresh or the finances prohibit continuing, I think this is a real concern. At the very least, what about estrogen rebound, and Im guessing for advice on coming off, checking the post cycle therapy section might be the only way to find some info, but wouldnt some of that be overkill for the doses of trt?

Are there any general recommendations if you have to stop?
You should probably consult your new doctor on how to go off TRT. If there is no new doctor ask the one who has been prescribing your treatment. A doctor's advice is preferable in my opinion.

If you have been self-administering TRT check out Swale's protocol. It's supposed to be the standard for post cycle therapy.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info, no self-adm, but going to check swales stuff anyway. Just want the info, personal experience is leading me to believe that most docs dont have a clue pertaining to real trt, compared to the info Ive read and learned about here, I need to find a new doc again.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Maybe that was his secret alter ego........his dark side......... if you will.

:rolleyes:

Oh well, learn something new everyday.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Swale IS Dr. John you guys.... I'm surprised how many don't know this fact. lol.... The doctor formerly known as Swale....
We all know who Swale is. I'm not sure he would advise his protocol for you. That's why I think you should consult with your new doctor. You might consider Dr. John. His patients seem very happy with their treatment.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
You should probably consult your new doctor on how to go off TRT. If there is no new doctor ask the one who has been prescribing your treatment. A doctor's advice is preferable in my opinion.

If you have been self-administering TRT check out Swale's protocol. It's supposed to be the standard for post cycle therapy.
Wonder if you could provide link?

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
There's nothing dark about helping people in my opinion.

Ummm........That was supposed to be a joke, I didnt know Dr. John=swale, and I have the utmost respect for him and the time he takes to answer questions and the information he graciously provides, but I know now. Thanks.

christopher

Awards
  • Established
Good advice. However, ot sum it up, a post cycle therapy-type protocol should not be necessary. IF it proves so, then PCT (with or without HCG, depending upon the specific case) is warranted.

You did know that I am SWALE? (my alter ego).
Hi Swale....

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Good advice. However, ot sum it up, a post cycle therapy-type protocol should not be necessary. IF it proves so, then PCT (with or without HCG, depending upon the specific case) is warranted.

You did know that I am SWALE? (my alter ego).
Dr. John is worth every penny. As for that SWALE guy, well, he *seems* to know what he's talking about ;-)