Cypionate vs Cream/Gel

christopher

Awards
  • Established
What are the specific advantages/disadvantages that anyone has experienced, and which one do you recommend....? What factors/symptoms would indicate one vs the other...?

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Gels are typically applied in the morning. If you work out at a gym, you may not want to apply the gel in front of others. Some have skin reactions to the gels. I think they can be expensive.

Injections are nice weekly, but some docs want them every two weeks which makes the levels less consistent.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
You apply the gel once in the morning after you shower unlike the patch no1 would see.

Disadvantages I find with the gel is:
You need to wake up and get yourself out of bed with T level below what it should be. And this alone might be the deal breaker for me with gels.

Increased hair growth at application area. (dont know if this applies to creams.)

No afternoon or post-workout shower without worrying about loss of testosterone.

Possible loss of testosterone through sweating (Can someone confirm this?)

Transmission during sex a concern.

Twice daily application for (some?) creams.

Advantages of gel:
More simular to normal circadium rythem.

Feels more natural.

Possibly better for libido compared to injections, I am not sure about this yet though as I havent had enough experience with gels vs injections.

Disadvantages of injections:
Doesnt follow the normal circadium rythem.

Feels less natural, you might feel abit zingy at night.

Need to aspirate the syringe.

Need to fill one syringe to the other for weekly injections.

Advantages of injections:

One dose and your set for the week.

More anabolic.

A lot cheaper.

THORR

THORR

Awards
I have been on the gels and Test Cyp/HCG,IMOP the gels are not as effective,they can take some time to build your levels up and the Testim gave me a rash and everyone could smell it.I have been on the Test Cyp,once weekly with Hcg twice weekly for a year now and feel far better than I ever did on the gels.

Megazoid

Awards
THORR, What is your HRT protocol like? How much Test Cyp + HCG are you doing a week and are you doing any AI?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
You apply the gel once in the morning after you shower unlike the patch no1 would see.

Disadvantages I find with the gel is:
You need to wake up and get yourself out of bed with T level below what it should be. And this alone might be the deal breaker for me with gels.
Increased hair growth at application area. (dont know if this applies to creams.)

No afternoon or post-workout shower without worrying about loss of testosterone.

Possible loss of testosterone through sweating (Can someone confirm this?)

Transmission during sex a concern.

Twice daily application for (some?) creams.

Advantages of gel:
More simular to normal circadium rythem.

Feels more natural.

Possibly better for libido compared to injections, I am not sure about this yet though as I havent had enough experience with gels vs injections.

Disadvantages of injections:
Doesnt follow the normal circadium rythem.

Feels less natural, you might feel abit zingy at night.

Need to aspirate the syringe.

Need to fill one syringe to the other for weekly injections.

Advantages of injections:

One dose and your set for the week.

More anabolic.

A lot cheaper.
Contrary, with gells you T level fluctuation is minimal.
The more frequent the applications the less fluctuation.
If one wants to go nuts, apply twice daily, (joking).

THORR

THORR

Awards
I am currently inj. .75 ml Test Cyp, and 250iu x2 Hcg weekly,.25mg
Arimidex every 3-5 days.I don't notice any ups or downs,but Estradiol does seem to fluctuate some,when it is out of ballance libido is so so and so is wood, when it is right,every thing is great!
With the gels it took three months to start to feel better,then the Dr. took me off cold turkey and it was a miserable time adjusting.When i tried to re start on the gels they just didn't seem to work,so I found a different Dr. that started me on the Injs. I felt better in three days after the first inj.

christopher

Awards
  • Established
Thankx for the replies....

Which (gel/cream or shots) make the user more prone to acne...? Is there a difference..?

And, can you get muscle mass gains on gel as readily as, for ex, cypionate...?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Thankx for the replies....

Which (gel/cream or shots) make the user more prone to acne...? Is there a difference..?

And, can you get muscle mass gains on gel as readily as, for ex, cypionate...?
Gels creames (2 weeks) build up faster then injections( 4 weeks) if after 2 weeks levels are not rising then with TD you can adjust dosages and make proper adjustements or after another 2 weeks if there is not change on may not be able to absorbed the creame due to thicknes of skin or hydration prblems common in people with hypothyroidism. Then you may have to goto shots. i tried swithcing creame to the intercostals and i do not think it was penetrating enough. I reapplied it to the inner biceps and I felt much better. I was told by pharmacsy for arms or innner biceps and to alternate places. She also told me that they do not use plo gel but rather a base used in hormone replacement. She did agree the plo gel will get rapid increases possible and could POSSIBLE for people that are sensitive to estrogen cause problems. Maybe just by re applying to forearms may be enough to give the intial rise in testosterone and free i will be looking for. right before the test 3 hours proior i applied it to the flank under the rib cage and been doing that for 5 weeks and also libido went completely down the toilet too.