Treatment for low T using Arimidex.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
This is a post from a man being treated for low t after yr's. on Androgel from the H2 group. A cut and paste.
------------------------------------------------------------

The switch to Arimidex was a relatively fortuitous series of
events. My regular PCP withdrew from practice back in June, my
urologist moved to a much more inconvenient location, I switched my
insurance and it was time to get someone to convince my insurance
company to cover my Androgel prescription.

Before doing so, I decided to research what, if anything, was
new in the area. That brought me to this group where I learned about
Arimidex and other things. I followed all the leads until I learned
everything I thought I was going to learn, then checked with my
insurance company for the closest urologist.

Going in for my first appointment with my new urologist, I
figured I would not show off my new found knowledge but rather see
what the urologist had to say. After the physical examination, I
mentioned that I would probably need a new Androgel prescription, and
he asked me if I would be willing to try a different approach that he
had much success with: Arimidex. I immediately knew I had hit pay
dirt. My urologist thinks that high E2 is generally bad news for
men, including contributing to prostate cancer, and he predicts that
Arimidex will be widely prescribed for men in a few years.

Just to be redundant, this treatment does not work unles your
gonads are prepared to pump out a reasonable amount of testosterone.

Bob
Phil

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
This is a post from a man being treated for low t after yr's. on Androgel from the H2 group. A cut and paste.

The switch to Arimidex was a relatively fortuitous series of
events. My regular PCP withdrew from practice back in June, my
urologist moved to a much more inconvenient location, I switched my
insurance and it was time to get someone to convince my insurance
company to cover my Androgel prescription.

Before doing so, I decided to research what, if anything, was
new in the area. That brought me to this group where I learned about
Arimidex and other things. I followed all the leads until I learned
everything I thought I was going to learn, then checked with my
insurance company for the closest urologist.

Going in for my first appointment with my new urologist, I
figured I would not show off my new found knowledge but rather see
what the urologist had to say. After the physical examination, I
mentioned that I would probably need a new Androgel prescription, and
he asked me if I would be willing to try a different approach that he
had much success with: Arimidex. I immediately knew I had hit pay
dirt. My urologist thinks that high E2 is generally bad news for
men, including contributing to prostate cancer, and he predicts that
Arimidex will be widely prescribed for men in a few years.

Just to be redundant, this treatment does not work unles your
gonads are prepared to pump out a reasonable amount of testosterone.

Bob
Phil

Supposedly it increases LH levels.

Short-Term Aromatase-Enzyme Blockade Unmasks Impaired Feedback Adaptations in Luteinizing Hormone and Testosterone Secretion in Older Men -- Veldhuis and Iranmanesh 90 (1): 211 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Yes I know I posted that link some time ago this is kind of a follow up on it.
Phil

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Yes I know I posted that link some time ago this is kind of a follow up on it.
Phil
Sorry to be redundant. I didn't catch your post. My doc will be transitioning me form HCG to Arimidex only. I'll let you know how it goes.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
This idea will fall by the wayside. The sooner the better.

I am particularly fearful of the effects of AI's on the brain. I think they are more effective there--which is a bad thing.

Would you mind explaining why it's a bad thing?

It seems from the posts here that AI's are not desirable. I don't know why, but I'm certainly interested. I've done a lot of Google searches, but can't seem to come up with much in the way it effects men. I'd appreciate anything you could lead me to.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Progrmmer is it possible that the testocreme could be pushing my estrogen to testosterone conversion even higher resulting in the elevation of the sbhg, which has nearly doubled from previous baseline reading, and low normal free test, total low normal testosterone despite using the creame. My tits are killing me, low energy levels, and have not had to shave in 2.5 weeks !!, feeling like piss is just dribbling out vs flowing naturally like it was before, no morning wood for 6 weeks, having bad hot flashes have to sleep with indow open at nioght time and its 15 degrees out side!! . Tommorow i get the other labs results. Going from what readings where previously the doubling of shbg seems to be indicating something is going on with estrogen levels. And if the test resutls come back where estrogen is elevated say 40. Would simply lowering the estrogen down to the optimal range also cause the increae of total and free test as well, but if the cream is the main problem may be a simple solution would be switching more to cream with out plo gel? My theory is less drugs the better. less variable to contend with

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
This only thing you can do at this point is test this and see where it is. I never heard of a compounded cream doing this but there are some creams out there that I would not use.
Phil
Progrmmer is it possible that the testocreme could be pushing my estrogen to testosterone conversion even higher resulting in the elevation of the sbhg, which has nearly doubled from previous baseline reading, and low normal free test, total low normal testosterone despite using the creame. My tits are killing me, low energy levels, and have not had to shave in 2.5 weeks !!, feeling like piss is just dribbling out vs flowing naturally like it was before, no morning wood for 6 weeks, having bad hot flashes have to sleep with indow open at nioght time and its 15 degrees out side!! . Tommorow i get the other labs results. Going from what readings where previously the doubling of shbg seems to be indicating something is going on with estrogen levels. And if the test resutls come back where estrogen is elevated say 40. Would simply lowering the estrogen down to the optimal range also cause the increae of total and free test as well, but if the cream is the main problem may be a simple solution would be switching more to cream with out plo gel? My theory is less drugs the better. less variable to contend with

naturdoc

Awards
While I am happy to hear of a Urologist who appreciates the negative effects of E on the prostate, no one who is considered a top Thought Leader in the TRT field endorses AI as TRT.

I have never been comfortable with endocrine pathway disrupters.
Then for a male with high testosterone AND high estrogen levels what do you recommend.? I tried to do a quick search and didn't find anything. Wouldn't lowering estrogens with Arimidex perhaps reset the feedback mechanism over 5-10 weeks?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Then for a male with high testosterone AND high estrogen levels what do you recommend.? I tried to do a quick search and didn't find anything. Wouldn't lowering estrogens with Arimidex perhaps reset the feedback mechanism over 5-10 weeks?
DR john,
The testosterone gel you use what type of base is it in and how does it differ from the creme? I have used other creames (not PLO0 in past that have better absorption and normal estrogen and shbg just never nothing to really elevate my levels to optimal range.