HRT and Colitis - Dr.John ?

Glenn

Awards
I haven't seen much discussion about this on any of the forums but I was diagnosed with Colitis a few years ago and at about the same time I was also diagnosed with low T levels and put on HRT.
It seems that HRT aggravates the Colitis ?

I was also told by someone in the gym that it seems to be a problem many pro bodybuilders have had and had to retire from and its some how related to AS use but i can't seem to find any related info on that also.

Dr. John Can you please give me any insight info on this topic ?
Have you had experiences dealing HRT and Colitis ?
Will you prescribe HRT to someone with Colitis and work with them to find away to work around it ?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
In conclusion, in rats with experimental colitis, inflammation appears to potentiate the effect of undernutrition on puberty. The weights of secondary sex organs and the onset of puberty were normalized by testosterone treatment.
Entrez PubMed

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
In conclusion, in rats with experimental colitis, inflammation appears to potentiate the effect of undernutrition on puberty. The weights of secondary sex organs and the onset of puberty were normalized by testosterone treatment.
Entrez PubMed
The abstract doesn't indicate if T had any effect on the inflammation itself. It only mentions the salutory effect on the onset of puberty.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
The abstract doesn't indicate if T had any effect on the inflammation itself. It only mentions the salutory effect on the onset of puberty.
Steroids they are refering to is corticoid not anabolic !!Yes mike francois had colitis but remember the stress these people place there bodies under as well..

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Steroids they are refering to is corticoid not anabolic !!Yes mike francois had colitis but remember the stress these people place there bodies under as well..

Are you referring to the reference cited above? There is no mention of corticosteroids, only testosterone.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Are you referring to the reference cited above? There is no mention of corticosteroids, only testosterone.
Saying that corticoids steroids / NSAIDS are known for inducing colitis not anabolics

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Saying that corticoids steroids / NSAIDS are known for inducing colitis not anabolics
Thanks for clarifying.

How is it, though, that corticosteroids can cause colitis when they are one of the most important treatments for it?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for clarifying.

How is it, though, that corticosteroids can cause colitis when they are one of the most important treatments for it?
Excessive NSAIDS/corticoids cause immune suppression as well as too little. They irritate the intestinal wall them selves and cause inflammation

DocChronic

Awards
I haven't seen much discussion about this on any of the forums but I was diagnosed with Colitis a few years ago and at about the same time I was also diagnosed with low T levels and put on HRT.
It seems that HRT aggravates the Colitis ?

I was also told by someone in the gym that it seems to be a problem many pro bodybuilders have had and had to retire from and its some how related to AS use but i can't seem to find any related info on that also.

Dr. John Can you please give me any insight info on this topic ?
Have you had experiences dealing HRT and Colitis ?
Will you prescribe HRT to someone with Colitis and work with them to find away to work around it ?
bump for this. i have colitis and cannot get the colon ulcers to heal. i have read HGH helps with healing of mucosal lining (in rats). Thinking about trying this before other FDA drugs.
Anyone have any experience with this??

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
bump for this. i have colitis and cannot get the colon ulcers to heal. i have read HGH helps with healing of mucosal lining (in rats). Thinking about trying this before other FDA drugs.
Anyone have any experience with this??
Borage oil, fish oils, digestive enzmes, probiotics, Glutamine and buyterate, zinc are best for healing the colon as they lower the SiGa (inflammatory marker) as well as aloe vera juice (may irritate some people)
Folonic acid will help repair the tisue because it keeps the proper DNA replicatioin. NAC and increasing gluthioine though proper balancing of liver pathways methylation / transsulfation. Heal it both directly and indirectly. Also find hidden food intolerance . Try the Gluten casein free diet with fruits and veggies, easy on the legumes nuts can irriate the lining. HGH, glutamine, folonic acid help repair the villa not necessary the lining, but they will help

DocChronic

Awards
Borage oil, fish oils, digestive enzmes, probiotics, Glutamine and buyterate, zinc are best for healing the colon as they lower the SiGa (inflammatory marker) as well as aloe vera juice (may irritate some people)
Folonic acid will help repair the tisue because it keeps the proper DNA replicatioin. NAC and increasing gluthioine though proper balancing of liver pathways methylation / transsulfation. Heal it both directly and indirectly. Also find hidden food intolerance . Try the Gluten casein free diet with fruits and veggies, easy on the legumes nuts can irriate the lining. HGH, glutamine, folonic acid help repair the villa not necessary the lining, but they will help
Thanks for the info h1973!!!
Currently doing some of the things listed. I take a really good EFA with lots of fish oil, digestive enzymes, probiotics, tumeric (curcumin), 10-30gms glutamine daily, aloe vera gels.
Did you mean folic acid (folonic acid).
I'll look into Gluten casein free diet ( i eat both right now) but i do lay of the nuts and hard to digest items.
Thanks again for all your info. Much appreciated.