My IGF-1 test result

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Hi

My IGF-1 is 239 ng/mL
Range is 109-284.

I am not on any HGH or anything except for Test-Cyp.

Is this value good?
Does anyone have experience with using arginine to raise it?

thanks

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Hi

My IGF-1 is 239 ng/mL
Range is 109-284.

I am not on any HGH or anything except for Test-Cyp.

Is this value good?
Does anyone have experience with using arginine to raise it?

thanks
Glutamine is known to raise gh levels. it in mid range so looks optimal. How do you feeel? what are your dhea levels? magnesium, zinc will rasie igf-1 levels as well as chromium and copper, and dhea it self, get a good muiltivtamin it will cover the minerals but make sure it a bioavaible kind which 70% of them are NOT. May be dr john could recommend a good one for you..GNC MEGA MAN IS NOT CUTTING IT EITHER LOL

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
chelates and aspartates are the best bioavailable forms for minerals.

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Glutamine is known to raise gh levels. it in mid range so looks optimal. How do you feeel? what are your dhea levels? magnesium, zinc will rasie igf-1 levels as well as chromium and copper, and dhea it self, get a good muiltivtamin it will cover the minerals but make sure it a bioavaible kind which 70% of them are NOT. May be dr john could recommend a good one for you..GNC MEGA MAN IS NOT CUTTING IT EITHER LOL
I feel pretty good.
I do not know my DHEA values.

I take a lot of supplements. My wife and I are members of LEF.org and though we do not buy their supplements, I take about 60 pills a day to try and reach what the targets are for LEF.org. We try to get capsules where possible, so a multi-vitamin that is normally a pill is 4 capsules.

I will have to compile a list of the mgs of everything - the wife has that. I do sometimes take NOW Tri-Amino (arginine, lysine, ornathine) on an empty stomach before working out in the morning. Mostof our supplements are from NOW.

I really cannot afford HGH

Thank you

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I feel pretty good.

I take a lot of supplements. My wife and I are members of LEF.org and though we do not buy their supplements, I take about 60 pills a day to try and reach what the targets are for LEF.org. We try to get capsules where possible, so a multi-vitamin that is normally a pill is 4 capsules.

I will have to compile a list of the mgs of everything - the wife has that. I do sometimes take NOW Tri-Amino (arginine, lysine, ornathine) on an empty stomach before working out in the morning. Mostof our supplements are from NOW.

Thank you

Lef is good but look into product called intramax it has saved me a ton of money because it has everything in balanced ratios I just thought of something look at your Na : p ratio should be like 1:2-4 because potassium can influence igf1 levels and manage insulin nicely as well as blood pressure, i need to call the owner again they took outthe best part it has potassium at 2,000 mgs which was all from vegetable compenets. Alot of people lack potassium USDRA is 4000-5000 mgs its been changed just recently. average amercians get barely 2000 if that !!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I feel pretty good.

Thank you
NOW Foods is a company that have
GMP Certification
(Good Manufacturing Practice)
not many have it.
NOW Foods - GMP Certification

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Amino acids can create GH pulses, but it is also thought that the area under the 24 hour curve may not be increased at all. And for those with lots of body fat, this inhibits GH release and amino acid response as well.

Amino acids trigger the hypothalamus and pituitary to release HG which then creates IGF-1. The IGF-1 acts for protein like insulin acts for blood sugars. IGF-1 causes the cells to take up proteins from the blood stream and the cells use that for growth or maintenance. This happens with ever meal. Lingering blood sugar from too many carbs in one's meal, or snacking, will inhibit GH release. The blood proteins need to be up and the sugars down.