My IGF-1 test result - AnabolicMinds.com

My IGF-1 test result

  1. New Member
    BigJimCalhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    188

    Reputation

    My IGF-1 test result


    Hi

    My IGF-1 is 239 ng/mL
    Range is 109-284.

    I am not on any HGH or anything except for Test-Cyp.

    Is this value good?
    Does anyone have experience with using arginine to raise it?


    thanks

  2. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
    Hi

    My IGF-1 is 239 ng/mL
    Range is 109-284.

    I am not on any HGH or anything except for Test-Cyp.

    Is this value good?
    Does anyone have experience with using arginine to raise it?


    thanks
    Glutamine is known to raise gh levels. it in mid range so looks optimal. How do you feeel? what are your dhea levels? magnesium, zinc will rasie igf-1 levels as well as chromium and copper, and dhea it self, get a good muiltivtamin it will cover the minerals but make sure it a bioavaible kind which 70% of them are NOT. May be dr john could recommend a good one for you..GNC MEGA MAN IS NOT CUTTING IT EITHER LOL
  3. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    4374

    Reputation

    chelates and aspartates are the best bioavailable forms for minerals.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
    chelates and aspartates are the best bioavailable forms for minerals.
    AMEN and not oxide forms or carbonates they are junk as well...
  5. New Member
    BigJimCalhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    188

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Glutamine is known to raise gh levels. it in mid range so looks optimal. How do you feeel? what are your dhea levels? magnesium, zinc will rasie igf-1 levels as well as chromium and copper, and dhea it self, get a good muiltivtamin it will cover the minerals but make sure it a bioavaible kind which 70% of them are NOT. May be dr john could recommend a good one for you..GNC MEGA MAN IS NOT CUTTING IT EITHER LOL
    I feel pretty good.
    I do not know my DHEA values.

    I take a lot of supplements. My wife and I are members of LEF.org and though we do not buy their supplements, I take about 60 pills a day to try and reach what the targets are for LEF.org. We try to get capsules where possible, so a multi-vitamin that is normally a pill is 4 capsules.

    I will have to compile a list of the mgs of everything - the wife has that. I do sometimes take NOW Tri-Amino (arginine, lysine, ornathine) on an empty stomach before working out in the morning. Mostof our supplements are from NOW.

    I really cannot afford HGH

    Thank you
  6. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1160

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
    I feel pretty good.
    I do not know my DHEA values.

    I take a lot of supplements. My wife and I are members of LEF.org and though we do not buy their supplements, I take about 60 pills a day to try and reach what the targets are for LEF.org. We try to get capsules where possible, so a multi-vitamin that is normally a pill is 4 capsules.

    I will have to compile a list of the mgs of everything - the wife has that. I do sometimes take NOW Tri-Amino (arginine, lysine, ornathine) on an empty stomach before working out in the morning. Mostof our supplements are from NOW.

    I really cannot afford HGH
    Thank you

    Lef is good but look into product called intramax it has saved me a ton of money because it has everything in balanced ratios I just thought of something look at your Na : p ratio should be like 1:2-4 because potassium can influence igf1 levels and manage insulin nicely as well as blood pressure, i need to call the owner again they took outthe best part it has potassium at 2,000 mgs which was all from vegetable compenets. Alot of people lack potassium USDRA is 4000-5000 mgs its been changed just recently. average amercians get barely 2000 if that !!
  7. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimCalhoun View Post
    I feel pretty good.
    I do not know my DHEA values.

    I take a lot of supplements. My wife and I are members of LEF.org and though we do not buy their supplements, I take about 60 pills a day to try and reach what the targets are for LEF.org. We try to get capsules where possible, so a multi-vitamin that is normally a pill is 4 capsules.

    I will have to compile a list of the mgs of everything - the wife has that. I do sometimes take NOW Tri-Amino (arginine, lysine, ornathine) on an empty stomach before working out in the morning. Mostof our supplements are from NOW.

    I really cannot afford HGH

    Thank you
    NOW Foods is a company that have
    GMP Certification
    (Good Manufacturing Practice)
    not many have it.
    NOW Foods - GMP Certification
  8. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    287

    Reputation

    Amino acids can create GH pulses, but it is also thought that the area under the 24 hour curve may not be increased at all. And for those with lots of body fat, this inhibits GH release and amino acid response as well.

    Amino acids trigger the hypothalamus and pituitary to release HG which then creates IGF-1. The IGF-1 acts for protein like insulin acts for blood sugars. IGF-1 causes the cells to take up proteins from the blood stream and the cells use that for growth or maintenance. This happens with ever meal. Lingering blood sugar from too many carbs in one's meal, or snacking, will inhibit GH release. The blood proteins need to be up and the sugars down.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Please help me with my blood test results
    By lowvolume in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 04:58 PM
  2. My Blood Test Results
    By beefjerky in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 06:31 PM
  3. My blood test results at 19
    By eliteballa3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 07:53 PM
  4. Lion IGF test results
    By Beelzebub in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 07:28 AM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in