test dropping to below normal range during the day

rockstar6181

Awards
I have had my levels tested morning and at 3pm, they are 654 first thing in the monring and 332 by 3pm in afternoon, is this any cause for concern?

biker340

Awards
I believe it is a natural cycle. I remember seeing a bar graph where they showed different levels of test during the day.. Sorry, I don't recall where. But it showed how test levels peaked between 5-9am then slowly dropped until the late afternoon hours. Maybe someone else has a better memory than I and can find it.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
LH and FSH IMO is a better marker rather then whats your highest and lowest thoughout the day.

livebono

livebono

Awards
Like what biker340 said, you test levels are naturally a lot higher in the morning than later in the day. I dont know if what you are showing is a normal gap, but for it to be higher in the morning is normal

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I have had my levels tested morning and at 3pm, they are 654 first thing in the monring and 332 by 3pm in afternoon, is this any cause for concern?
Could be your cortisol levels are elevated during that time as well. What did you do before blood was drawn. Where you in heavy traffic or stress from work, ect that impacts levels dramatically.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Why do you think that?
From my own labs. My T would drop to 400ng/dl and I would only feel abit tired, but when I was at my worst my T in the morning was 550(felt ok in the mornings) and as high as 630ng/dl and probly very low by afternoon(felt like crap), but what I found consistant was my LH and FSH wich was high.

But I know what you are thinking... central hypogonadism, wich would show normal LH and FSH and low T.

This study shows symptoms relating to FSH and LH as apose to TT and FT when it comes to primary.
http://media.asco.org/player/default.aspx?LectureID=4208&conferenceFolder=vm2006&SessionFolder=PD05D&slideonly=yes&TrackID=N929&LectureTitle=Hormonal%20status%20and%20the%20quality%20of%20life%20of%20testicular%20cancer%20survivors.&SpeakerName=;%20Presenter:%20Pawel%20J%20Wiechno&mediaURL=/media&ServerName=media.asco.org&max=19&max=19&ext=jpg&ext=jpg&useASX=false&useASX=false&playtype=&playtype=&forcetype=no&forcetype=no&max=19&ext=jpg&useASX=false&playtype=,&forcetype=yes
Section 18.

I think getting an afternoon level is good but doctors will disregard that level anyway, would of been interesting to see what my levels were when I was feeling my worst.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I don't know where I got this, but maybe it'll help...
To have a better shot at replicating the upper curve one should apply his Tcream around 8PM, late evening.

What gives?
We are usually told to apply Tcream in the morning.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
More like 2am.
I saw a graph wich showed it spike at 4am.
And as someone who is up at all hours I am guessing it is more likely spiking around 4am give or take 2 hours.

rockstar6181

Awards
my levels of LH and FSH are about 1 point above bottom range wether taken at 8pm or mid afternoon. So I guess this is the problem then? is there anything I can do to revamp LH and FSH production? my doctor doesnt think its a problem

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
my levels of LH and FSH are about 1 point above bottom range wether taken at 8pm or mid afternoon. So I guess this is the problem then? is there anything I can do to revamp LH and FSH production? my doctor doesnt think its a problem
Consult dr about adding in HCG to your protocol if you are on TRT it should help other hormonal pathways as well...