Feeling worse on DIM.

Kanecore

Awards
I have normal E2 and high total Es along with high DHT and ideal T levels (total 700 ng.dl range). I take 40mg of T cyp every three days along with 100 IU of HCG ED and Arimidex when needed.

I began taking 400mg of DIM ED along with TMG. My BPH and erectile function is actually worse (pushing to uriniate and weal morning wood the day before my injection of T an no morning wood the day after). I have always had morning wood! I tried cutting back on the dose to 300mg ED but I still felt bad. I also began taking a prostate formula a few weeks ago, but that didn't effect me in an adverse way. Maybe the combination of DIM and Saw Palmetto is reeking this havoc. Can anyone provide some insight?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I have normal E2 and high total Es along with high DHT and ideal T levels (total 700 ng.dl range). I take 40mg of T cyp every three days along with 100 IU of HCG ED and Arimidex when needed.

I began taking 400mg of DIM ED along with TMG. My BPH and erectile function is actually worse (pushing to uriniate and weal morning wood the day before my injection of T an no morning wood the day after). I have always had morning wood! I tried cutting back on the dose to 300mg ED but I still felt bad. I also began taking a prostate formula a few weeks ago, but that didn't effect me in an adverse way. Maybe the combination of DIM and Saw Palmetto is reeking this havoc. Can anyone provide some insight?
What brand of DIM are you taking? look to see what the content of calcium carbonate is on it..That may be affecting your thyroid if you are on any armour. You also may be getting a detoxifcation reaction to now that your estrogen metabolism is working more effectively and the excess 400 may be too much over burdeing the liver, cut back to 100 mgs and buiold up slowly. You basically flooded your liver and can not detoxify fast enough and you may be getting estrogen overload

Kanecore

Awards
Thanks Hardasnails1973! The DIM I am taking is just Vitamin World DIM with no other ingredients. Dr. John has not prescribed me Armour as my Thyroid levels look good. I took your advice and ordered a good liver product with TMG, Milk Thistle, NAC, P5P, Methyl B12 among others. It's called Hepatogen by Vitamin Research Products. Very expensive though. Have you heard of it?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Hardasnails1973! The DIM I am taking is just Vitamin World DIM with no other ingredients. Dr. John has not prescribed me Armour as my Thyroid levels look good. I took your advice and ordered a good liver product with TMG, Milk Thistle, NAC, P5P, Methyl B12 among others. It's called Hepatogen by Vitamin Research Products. Very expensive though. Have you heard of it?

VRP makes good products but Cerefolin with added, 50 mgs p5P, 500 mgs TMG once a day would have done just as good
EVERYTHING IN MODERATION !!!

Kanecore

Awards
VRP makes good products but Cerefolin with added, 50 mgs p5P, 500 mgs TMG once a day would have done just as good
EVERYTHING IN MODERATION !!!
Is Cerefolin a prescription? If not, how would I purchase it?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Eager minds are inquiring to know as well....

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established

Normal E2 does not mean optimal!!!!!! Can you post the E levels?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Let's be clear here: this gentleman decided to take many different supplements, all at once, and without asking me about it first.

DIM was only one of them.
I know what you mean ..People do not understand how OTC supplements can really alter the results of what you are trying to do and all the hours of dilgent research and care are just thrown out were it could be spent on some one else who is in need of your services.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Let's be clear here: this gentleman decided to take many different supplements, all at once, and without asking me about it first.

When I started on LEF supplements, I started with many products all at once. I did feel a change in my system; a calmness but also a significant loss of libido. Sort of took the edge off of things, yin and yang. (I also had loose bowels for about 2 months until my body readjusted.)

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
When I started on LEF supplements, I started with many products all at once. I did feel a change in my system; a calmness but also a significant loss of libido. Sort of took the edge off of things, yin and yang. (I also had loose bowels for about 2 months until my body readjusted.)
See my philsophy is identify the defiecincy through evasive testing (urine, RBC, WBC mineral testing) and then identify why (malabsprption, mineral imbalnaces, ect). Finally give the body what it needs and it will balance it self out. If you start shot gunning nutrients you can off set the bodys own natural balance as I learned the hard way my self

Too much sulfur, vitamin c knocks out copper, molydnemum, and causes iron to build up and results in neutropenia and weaken immune system. Sulfur also makes the CBS patrhway work twice as hard and can defer from the methylation pathway causing methy 12 , folinic acid defiecny as well as low sam-e levels causing notorious fatty liver.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Have you used advice of LEF doctors?
I found their advice good but passive, no follow up with probing questions.
I get more mileage when I study and basically diagnose my problem to the point that I am able to develop list of questions.

Describe your approach at getting help from a doctor at LEF (or other place).

Kanecore

Awards

I learned my lesson! Dr. John set me straight and I already feel 100% better! I threw a lot of worthless OTCs in the garbage. Consult with your doctor before you self medicate, you might create a worse situation for yourself.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I learned my lesson! Dr. John set me straight and I already feel 100% better! I threw a lot of worthless OTCs in the garbage. Consult with your doctor before you self medicate, you might create a worse situation for yourself.
I wish other people would use common sense and reduce the varaibles so you can know what is working and what is not it would make drs job alot more easier. I hear guys all the time coming off a cycle and then throw there mess on to some poor dr. Personally my freind's GF brother is a dr and told me you got a guy coming to you like that he would not even take his case because of the fact of too many varaibles and would not have a clue even where to start. They would just expect you to know everything like its some kind of recipe book you just open up and there is the answer.

So let me ask this alot of people are reporting this dark yellow and stinky piss when taking DIM.
Would that be a sign that it was working then. Because i got that all the time back when I was taking it, but I stopped 8 weeks prior before blood work was done and going to discuss with dr about 24 hour estrogen metabolite test due to copper imbalance we need to rule out if it is excessive estrogen that is keeping copper all binded up in the liver despite copper supplementation is not even raising it.

Even this is done on women it shows how effective DIM was
Pilot Study: Effect of 3, 3 ′ -Diindolylmethane Supplements on Urinary
volume 7-2.new