Feeling worse on DIM.

  1. New Member
    Kanecore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    45.1%

    Feeling worse on DIM.


    I have normal E2 and high total Es along with high DHT and ideal T levels (total 700 ng.dl range). I take 40mg of T cyp every three days along with 100 IU of HCG ED and Arimidex when needed.

    I began taking 400mg of DIM ED along with TMG. My BPH and erectile function is actually worse (pushing to uriniate and weal morning wood the day before my injection of T an no morning wood the day after). I have always had morning wood! I tried cutting back on the dose to 300mg ED but I still felt bad. I also began taking a prostate formula a few weeks ago, but that didn't effect me in an adverse way. Maybe the combination of DIM and Saw Palmetto is reeking this havoc. Can anyone provide some insight?

  2. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanecore View Post
    I have normal E2 and high total Es along with high DHT and ideal T levels (total 700 ng.dl range). I take 40mg of T cyp every three days along with 100 IU of HCG ED and Arimidex when needed.

    I began taking 400mg of DIM ED along with TMG. My BPH and erectile function is actually worse (pushing to uriniate and weal morning wood the day before my injection of T an no morning wood the day after). I have always had morning wood! I tried cutting back on the dose to 300mg ED but I still felt bad. I also began taking a prostate formula a few weeks ago, but that didn't effect me in an adverse way. Maybe the combination of DIM and Saw Palmetto is reeking this havoc. Can anyone provide some insight?
    What brand of DIM are you taking? look to see what the content of calcium carbonate is on it..That may be affecting your thyroid if you are on any armour. You also may be getting a detoxifcation reaction to now that your estrogen metabolism is working more effectively and the excess 400 may be too much over burdeing the liver, cut back to 100 mgs and buiold up slowly. You basically flooded your liver and can not detoxify fast enough and you may be getting estrogen overload
  3. New Member
    Kanecore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    45.1%

    Thanks Hardasnails1973! The DIM I am taking is just Vitamin World DIM with no other ingredients. Dr. John has not prescribed me Armour as my Thyroid levels look good. I took your advice and ordered a good liver product with TMG, Milk Thistle, NAC, P5P, Methyl B12 among others. It's called Hepatogen by Vitamin Research Products. Very expensive though. Have you heard of it?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanecore View Post
    Thanks Hardasnails1973! The DIM I am taking is just Vitamin World DIM with no other ingredients. Dr. John has not prescribed me Armour as my Thyroid levels look good. I took your advice and ordered a good liver product with TMG, Milk Thistle, NAC, P5P, Methyl B12 among others. It's called Hepatogen by Vitamin Research Products. Very expensive though. Have you heard of it?

    VRP makes good products but Cerefolin with added, 50 mgs p5P, 500 mgs TMG once a day would have done just as good
    EVERYTHING IN MODERATION !!!
  5. New Member
    Kanecore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    45.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    VRP makes good products but Cerefolin with added, 50 mgs p5P, 500 mgs TMG once a day would have done just as good
    EVERYTHING IN MODERATION !!!
    Is Cerefolin a prescription? If not, how would I purchase it?
  6. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanecore View Post
    Is Cerefolin a prescription? If not, how would I purchase it?

    Cerefolin®NAC Product Information : Pamlab, L.L.C.
    If it is prescription it would be nice to get from dr. I found it for 44 buck on line, but it would suck if you need a prescription for anatural supplement LOL
  7. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Eager minds are inquiring to know as well....
  8. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    290
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    88.55%

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanecore View Post
    I have normal E2 and high total Es along with high DHT and ideal T levels (total 700 ng.dl range). I take 40mg of T cyp every three days along with 100 IU of HCG ED and Arimidex when needed.

    I began taking 400mg of DIM ED along with TMG. My BPH and erectile function is actually worse (pushing to uriniate and weal morning wood the day before my injection of T an no morning wood the day after). I have always had morning wood! I tried cutting back on the dose to 300mg ED but I still felt bad. I also began taking a prostate formula a few weeks ago, but that didn't effect me in an adverse way. Maybe the combination of DIM and Saw Palmetto is reeking this havoc. Can anyone provide some insight?
    Normal E2 does not mean optimal!!!!!! Can you post the E levels?
  9. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Let's be clear here: this gentleman decided to take many different supplements, all at once, and without asking me about it first.

    DIM was only one of them.
    I know what you mean ..People do not understand how OTC supplements can really alter the results of what you are trying to do and all the hours of dilgent research and care are just thrown out were it could be spent on some one else who is in need of your services.
  10. New Member
    KSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    386
    Rep Power
    290
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    88.55%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Let's be clear here: this gentleman decided to take many different supplements, all at once, and without asking me about it first.

    DIM was only one of them.
    When I started on LEF supplements, I started with many products all at once. I did feel a change in my system; a calmness but also a significant loss of libido. Sort of took the edge off of things, yin and yang. (I also had loose bowels for about 2 months until my body readjusted.)
  11. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    When I started on LEF supplements, I started with many products all at once. I did feel a change in my system; a calmness but also a significant loss of libido. Sort of took the edge off of things, yin and yang. (I also had loose bowels for about 2 months until my body readjusted.)
    See my philsophy is identify the defiecincy through evasive testing (urine, RBC, WBC mineral testing) and then identify why (malabsprption, mineral imbalnaces, ect). Finally give the body what it needs and it will balance it self out. If you start shot gunning nutrients you can off set the bodys own natural balance as I learned the hard way my self

    Too much sulfur, vitamin c knocks out copper, molydnemum, and causes iron to build up and results in neutropenia and weaken immune system. Sulfur also makes the CBS patrhway work twice as hard and can defer from the methylation pathway causing methy 12 , folinic acid defiecny as well as low sam-e levels causing notorious fatty liver.
  12. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2418
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    When I started on LEF supplements, I started with many products all at once. I did feel a change in my system; a calmness but also a significant loss of libido. Sort of took the edge off of things, yin and yang. (I also had loose bowels for about 2 months until my body readjusted.)
    Have you used advice of LEF doctors?
    I found their advice good but passive, no follow up with probing questions.
    I get more mileage when I study and basically diagnose my problem to the point that I am able to develop list of questions.

    Describe your approach at getting help from a doctor at LEF (or other place).
  13. New Member
    Kanecore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    43
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    119
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    45.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Let's be clear here: this gentleman decided to take many different supplements, all at once, and without asking me about it first.

    DIM was only one of them.
    I learned my lesson! Dr. John set me straight and I already feel 100% better! I threw a lot of worthless OTCs in the garbage. Consult with your doctor before you self medicate, you might create a worse situation for yourself.
  14. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.42%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanecore View Post
    I learned my lesson! Dr. John set me straight and I already feel 100% better! I threw a lot of worthless OTCs in the garbage. Consult with your doctor before you self medicate, you might create a worse situation for yourself.
    I wish other people would use common sense and reduce the varaibles so you can know what is working and what is not it would make drs job alot more easier. I hear guys all the time coming off a cycle and then throw there mess on to some poor dr. Personally my freind's GF brother is a dr and told me you got a guy coming to you like that he would not even take his case because of the fact of too many varaibles and would not have a clue even where to start. They would just expect you to know everything like its some kind of recipe book you just open up and there is the answer.

    So let me ask this alot of people are reporting this dark yellow and stinky piss when taking DIM.
    Would that be a sign that it was working then. Because i got that all the time back when I was taking it, but I stopped 8 weeks prior before blood work was done and going to discuss with dr about 24 hour estrogen metabolite test due to copper imbalance we need to rule out if it is excessive estrogen that is keeping copper all binded up in the liver despite copper supplementation is not even raising it.

    Even this is done on women it shows how effective DIM was
    Pilot Study: Effect of 3, 3 € -Diindolylmethane Supplements on Urinary
    volume 7-2.new
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Feel worse straight after T cream
    By jaydee in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 04:43 PM
  2. feel hungry on anabolic pump
    By blackeyed in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 09:04 AM
  3. Feeling bloated on Xtend...?
    By david4zero8 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 09:22 PM
  4. what should you feel while on t-3?
    By s.norman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 12:43 AM
  5. feeling cold on my diet
    By hiphop in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 05:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in