how much test to raise levels to normal

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
I am on 120mg/wk test cyp.
My total test level is around 423.

Question is...
How come some people taking 100mg/wk can get into the 800's but other can only get half that with more test?

What is the reason for that...medically speaking.
thanks!

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How long have you been on?

How often do you inject?

How much time after injection until bloodwork was taken?

With infrequent injects, even at once per week, your levels often crash by day 5-6. More frequent injects keep this from happening.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
been on since october with once a week injections.
bloodwork was done the day before injection.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
I am on 120mg/wk test cyp.
My total test level is around 423.

Question is...
How come some people taking 100mg/wk can get into the 800's but other can only get half that with more test?

What is the reason for that...medically speaking.
thanks!
How does the 423 compare to your levels before you started on the injections?

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
How does the 423 compare to your levels before you started on the injections?
on 3 separate tests before starting TRT my levels were (in order of first test to last test) done over a year period
1.) 308
2.) 278
3.) 263

I may be off by 5 or 6 ng/dl on that last one..
But I didnt even double..which sucks. I do feel somewhat better (sexually and physically) but I am not where I think I should be. I believe I could feel a hell of a lot better.

I am just grateful that I have found a Endo that guages my dosage by how I feel along with tests. Have another appt. in a month and a half!

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
been on since october with once a week injections.
bloodwork was done the day before injection.
The answer is found in your response!

I dont care what a few people say about once a week injects - A majority of the people Ive read about speak of day 5-6 crashes that NEVER normalize. I know, I know, how some say it takes months for serum levels to normalize. But I think thats crappola. I would say at least 3 out of 4 people say that the day 5-6 crash never goes away.

Basically whats going on is this - Your levels probably ARE in the upper ranges, over 800, for about 2-3 days. The test IS working its magic. By the 4th day its already on the downslope, bigtime. By the time the sixth day rolls around, and you haven't injected in 6 days, your levels had already plummeted from the high 6 days prior - from the over 800 range all the way down to the 400's. Yes, this is typical. It happens to alot of people, IMO the majority on once week injects.

You want to look into more frequent injects, smaller doses, with smaller insulin needles. The smaller needles are also a good idea because they cause less muscle trama due to injects. You might not even have to inject 120mg, you could probably get away with 100mg. Split that up with an EOD protocol, inject using an insulin needle.

EOD!:bow28:

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

I dont care what a few people say about once a week injects - A majority of the people Ive read about speak of day 5-6 crashes that NEVER normalize. I know, I know, how some say it takes months for serum levels to normalize. But I think thats crappola. I would say at least 3 out of 4 people say that the day 5-6 crash never goes away.

Basically whats going on is this - Your levels probably ARE in the upper ranges, over 800, for about 2-3 days. The test IS working its magic. By the 4th day its already on the downslope, bigtime. By the time the sixth day rolls around, and you haven't injected in 6 days, your levels had already plummeted from the high 6 days prior - from the over 800 range all the way down to the 400's. Yes, this is typical. It happens to alot of people, IMO the majority on once week injects.

You want to look into more frequent injects, smaller doses, with smaller insulin needles. The smaller needles are also a good idea because they cause less muscle trama due to injects. You might not even have to inject 120mg, you could probably get away with 100mg. Split that up with an EOD protocol, inject using an insulin needle.

Why most people bother with injections?
Must be cross over from steroid ways.
Unless they live in part of the world that it is only T available?
Androgel is good, well expensive and lots of volume.
I found Tcream 100mg/1gram to be working choice and very inexpensive and convenient and small volume.
To those with absorption problem, I say, increase dose, stuff is cheap, use as much as you have to to get the desired blood levels. For me 1gram works very well, possibly too well.
1gram=1/8 of a tea spoon. Need 3"x6" area of the skin to spread thin. I use calf.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards

You could be right. I have just read that serum levels stay pretty much stable. I might talk to the doc about that.

I found Tcream 100mg/1gram to be working choice and very inexpensive and convenient and small volume.
To those with absorption problem, I say, increase dose, stuff is cheap, use as much as you have to to get the desired blood levels. For me 1gram works very well, possibly too well.
1gram=1/8 of a tea spoon. Need 3"x6" area of the skin to spread thin. I use calf.

the only reason I do injections is because when I started I did not know about compounding pharmacies. The androgel was costing me close to 270 a month and I have NO INSURANCE.
The injections cost me about 20 dollars a month.
I might look into compounded cream!

Thanks!

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why injects? Injects are superior in SEVERAL ways.

1. Guaranteed absorbtion(not so with cream)

2. Less conversion to DHT than cream

3. Less conversion to estradoil than cream

4. Less conversion of estradoil means less SHBG

5. Cheaper

6. No need to wait around in the morning after cream is applied to work out/sweat

7. Why not, considering your already injecting HCG ANYWAYS! (and anyone on T should be)

8. Levels are just as steady given you inject EOD

INJECTS!:bow28:

mikandrea

Awards
Have you had your E2 levels checked? If I'm not mistaken, estrogen and testosterone compete for the same receptors. So, if your E2 is high and the estrogen is taking up that receptor, it doesn't matter how much test you take, it aint gonna get there. So, maybe you're on the right dose of test, but need something to control your E2. Just a thought. Good luck.

Mike

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
It's all about how your body uses the T some men use it fast I am one of them so you need to do a higher dose. Hell If I get an infection my levels will fall 300 points. Also stress if your stress out your will eat up the testosterone meds.
Phil

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
While all this is true, I can tell you that the more experience I get, the more I am interested in TD's.

Dr. Shippen and I both are beginning to think the pulse through each day with TD's is beneficial.
Please explain why you are describing (daily) use of transdermals as pulsing?
If I had to use the word "pulse" I would rather use it to weekly or bi-weekly injections.
What am I missing?
Describe pulse in this context.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
So are you saying that taking TD split though out the day would possible create more a stable level through out the day vs one time in the morning? Reason i say this is because I have known drs to tell patience to take androgel in the morning and then in late after noon towards evening, but I would love to see actually how TD would fluctate once it would hit stable levels. Or would once it hit stable levels when it is applied would not even matter?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So are you saying that taking TD split though out the day would possible create more a stable level through out the day vs one time in the morning? Reason i say this is because I have known drs to tell patience to take androgel in the morning and then in late after noon towards evening, but I would love to see actually how TD would fluctate once it would hit stable levels. Or would once it hit stable levels when it is applied would not even matter?
I'd be very, very cautious taking T at any other time of the day other than morning.

Mother nature knew what she was doing when she put together the endocrine system. T is notorious for causing some major insomnia, even in people not sensitive to it. Thats the major reason why T levels fall throughout the day and are lowest at night - to prepare the body to fall into a deep sleep. Thats a natural process I don't think would be wise to mess with.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
While all this is true, I can tell you that the more experience I get, the more I am interested in TD's.

Dr. Shippen and I both are beginning to think the pulse through each day with TD's is beneficial.
Interesting Dr. John. I can see the benefits of TD as well. The increase in DHT would be valuable to some. And yes, constant T supplied on a daily basis is most beneficial. If price wasn't an issue, I personally wouldn't mind TD either.

What other benefits are you and Dr Shippen talking about? :think:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How much do testosterone levels fluctuate from injection to injection? Half? 1/4?
Depends on how often one was injecting. I seen on another post of a guy who's test was in the 800's after injecting, and had dropped all the way to the low 400's 6 days later.

More frequent injects keep this from happening.