Adding Muscle with ED - AnabolicMinds.com

Adding Muscle with ED

1. New Member

Adding Muscle with ED

I've searched all over and couldn't find an answer. So I was wondering. How is it possible to add lean muscle mass while suffering from ED and diagnosed with low-normal testosterone levels? My testosterone levels for my age was extremely low
    (420ng/dl) and granted at my age the progress in the gym has been very slow, but I'm starting to show a decent physique and strength has risen as well.

For example, since starting HRT 6 months ago, ED still persists, although without the severity as before treatment. But my lifts have gone up very nicely in the gym. The reason I started lifting was an attempt to naturally raise testosterone levels.

Is it possible a higher testosterone level is needed for ones sexual health and performance, yet lower levels are just fine for adding mass, albeit slowly?

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on the subject.

2. Registered User

Even a female can add mass, with a lower T level you would get gains more slowly, overtrain more easily, much higher risk of injury and have a lower genetic potential.

The trick to training with low T is less volume and to rely on progressive load.

With higher T its more volume and more intensity.

The thing wich led me to low T was I would overtrain extremely easily, following the standard HST routine in the 15 rep range I was actually getting weaker instead of stronger.

Is it possible a higher testosterone level is needed for ones sexual health and performance, yet lower levels are just fine for adding mass, albeit slowly?
    I think low T effects performance 1st and then sexual health 2nd, although its IGF-1 wich is the primary anabolic hormone followed by Testosterone I believe, although I could be wrong.
    Last edited by ItsHectic; 02-10-2007 at 12:30 AM.
  3. Banned

My friend there is SO MUCH more to adding mass than test levels. Test levels in the 400's aint exactly bottom of the barrel horrible either. How old are you? That plays a part to as well. If your young, there are so many other factors in play here to your advantage despite a so so hormone profile that help as well.

And ED isn't just hormone related.
    •   

4. New Member

Yeah, I rarely go above the 12 rep range when working out, unless I'm warming up with lighter weights. I also found myself overtraining, so now I rarely workout more than 2 straight days without taking a day off.

I was also thinking that maybe the androgen receptors for sexual health/performance were more prone to bind with estrogen than those for building muscle mass. But I'm certainly no expert in this field.

My GP just finds it very unusual that I still have ED, but can build muslce.
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    My friend there is SO MUCH more to adding mass than test levels. Test levels in the 400's aint exactly bottom of the barrel horrible either. How old are you? That plays a part to as well. If your young, there are so many other factors in play here to your advantage despite a so so hormone profile that help as well.

And ED isn't just hormone related.
    I turned 50 last summer. 6'2" with BF about 20%, low cholestrol levels, good BP. But this ED has been persistent for close to 10 years. Morning wood is a distant memory. And while my early morning test levels were in the low 400's, I was still tired all the time, adding fat around the middle and absolutely zero libido.

More blood work to follow shortly, so we will see. I was just curious for more insight and thoughts from everyone.
  6. AAA

[QUOTE=ItsHectic;728409]Even a female can add mass, with a lower T level you would get gains more slowly, overtrain more easily, much higher risk of injury and have a lower genetic potential.

I would have to diagree with your statement about genitic potential as one is "born" with a genitic potential. That can't be changed by taking drugs or magic workout routines.....jmho.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Reset AD mixed with my current stack?
    By TheMouth in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 11:13 AM
  2. 1 AD stacked with 4 AD
    By brittishbulldog in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 09:21 PM
  3. 1 AD stacked with 4 AD
    By brittishbulldog in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 11:56 AM
  4. is my weight staying the same because im adding muscle?
    By iwinulose2981 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:23 AM
  5. 4-ad injection with and without ester
    By Bean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-30-2003, 09:26 PM