adrenal fatigue and undermethylation

  1. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    adrenal fatigue and undermethylation


    This is probably on the best articles I have found dealing with why i suggest methylcoblanin and folinic acid, plus TMG. For people that are serious about understanding adrenal fatigue and how it can possible even cause cancer should read this article



    The link between adrenal fatigue and DNA methylation Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients - Find Articles

    There was on study done on vitamin C and effects on androgens, estrogen, cortisol but I can access it.

    Question I have is if you are low cortisol can taking vitamin C raise it?

  2. Advanced Member
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    431
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    88.02%

    Good find Hard. This paragraph is why I get frustrated when friends and family wonder why I dont feel better ten minutes after taking a pill....it doesnt happen overnight.

    "Efforts to repair adrenal fatigue include nutrients (in their most active form), glandular preparations, DHEA (and in severe cases cortisol itself), and lifestyle modifications with removal of triggers. Even with these measures, expect adrenal recovery to take 3 to 5 years."
  3. New Member
    Dutch Buster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    44
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    151
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    40.87%

    Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    Good find Hard. This paragraph is why I get frustrated when friends and family wonder why I dont feel better ten minutes after taking a pill....it doesnt happen overnight.

    "Efforts to repair adrenal fatigue include nutrients (in their most active form), glandular preparations, DHEA (and in severe cases cortisol itself), and lifestyle modifications with removal of triggers. Even with these measures, expect adrenal recovery to take 3 to 5 years."
    there goes my dream
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    This is probably on the best articles I have found dealing with why i suggest methylcoblanin and folinic acid, plus TMG. For people that are serious about understanding adrenal fatigue and how it can possible even cause cancer should read this article



    The link between adrenal fatigue and DNA methylation Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients - Find Articles

    There was on study done on vitamin C and effects on androgens, estrogen, cortisol but I can access it.

    Question I have is if you are low cortisol can taking vitamin C raise it?
    In that article there is:
    quote:
    "It is my clinical experience that as soon as a patient's DHEA-S falls to below 160 the ability to make methyl groups nosedives as well. These patients may then present with symptoms of depression (inability to synthesize S-adenosylmethionine), joint pain (inability to make methylsulfonylmethionine), and gastric acid reflux disease (inability to make betaine or trimethylglycine), to name a few."

    I am sleeping on inclined bed to prevent reflux.
    Is there a better way?

    My DHEAs was low before I started supplementing.
    DHEAs=118 apr05
    DHEAs=368 oct06
  5. New Member
    SoMdHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    324
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    In that article there is:
    quote:
    "It is my clinical experience that as soon as a patient's DHEA-S falls to below 160 the ability to make methyl groups nosedives as well. These patients may then present with symptoms of depression (inability to synthesize S-adenosylmethionine), joint pain (inability to make methylsulfonylmethionine), and gastric acid reflux disease (inability to make betaine or trimethylglycine), to name a few."

    I am sleeping on inclined bed to prevent reflux.
    Is there a better way?

    My DHEAs was low before I started supplementing.
    DHEAs=118 apr05
    DHEAs=368 oct06

    If you are sleeping on an incline to prevent acid reflux, you need to see a Dr. He may want to do an Endoscopy to make sure all is well. I have to get one once a year due to an ulcer in my esphogues (sp?) and very constricted swallowing. This condition is no fun I assure you, and it is for life. So get it checked out! They can give you something for the GERD.
  6. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2415
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SoMdHunter View Post
    If you are sleeping on an incline to prevent acid reflux, you need to see a Dr. He may want to do an Endoscopy to make sure all is well. I have to get one once a year due to an ulcer in my esphogues (sp?) and very constricted swallowing. This condition is no fun I assure you, and it is for life. So get it checked out! They can give you something for the GERD.
    I had endoscopy, and sigmoscopy (the other end checked). Everything is fine.
    Best guess, my main problem is weak stomach sphincter and hiatal hernia.
  7. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    I had endoscopy, and sigmoscopy (the other end checked). Everything is fine.
    Best guess, my main problem is weak stomach sphincter and hiatal hernia.
    I had some minor acid reflux issues in the past.

    Every time I dropped caffeine, cut total calories and dumped the dairy, and quit eating 3 hours before bedtime, It goes away.

    Tough act to follow though, I often cheat My stomach starts acting up again to remind me to get back on track.
  8. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1161
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    83.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Bump
  9. New Member
    Al Shades's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    239
    Rep Power
    207
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    76.53%

    Excellent article, b12 is the most effective nootropic I've tried.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Adrenal Fatigue and Overtraining
    By Shai Hulud in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 03:56 PM
  2. 22 years old severe adrenal fatigue and hypothyroid please help
    By evd22 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 09:37 AM
  3. Dr. John- Adrenal Fatigue and Working out??
    By Champ50 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 03:32 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2007, 07:20 PM
  5. Dr. John, Adrenal Fatigue and Exercise
    By Scottyo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 04:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in