Lab results

Strongenough

Awards
I need to know if someone can help me figure this out. I was told to come here from pmgamer18

I'm 24 years old, and have been extremely fatigue for the past 14 months. I've never done a single drug (btw).

ACTH Stim test

Base line 14.5 (Range is 3.1 - 22.4)

30 minute draw 24.9 (Range is 3.1 - 22.4) This was listed as high.

LH 1.8 (1.5 - 9.3)
FSH 3.0 (1.4 - 18.1)
Testosterone 397 (241 - 827)
t4- free 1.38 (0.61 - 1.76)
IGF-1 246 (116-358)
TSH 0.879 (0.350 - 5.500)
Cortisol 8.4 (5-25)

Here is my Saliva test for Cortisol and Dhea-s (24 hours)

Morning 3.8 ---- Normal range is 3-10
Noon 0.9 ---- Normal range is 2-4
Evening 0.1 ---- Normal range is 1-2
Night 0.1 ---- Normal range is 0.5-1.5

DHEA-S 3.8 --------- Normal ranges are between 3-10

I believe my testosterone is too low for my age. I had another test done 6 weeks prior that showed my testosterone @ 319 (400-1080). My libido is fine.

My symptoms are 24/7 fatigue and sore neck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was the best shape of my life before this, and just want to get back there.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Your LH is low, FSH looks normal to me.
I would have to say 2ndary hypogonadism, meaning your pituitry gland in your brain isnt sending enough of the hormone(LH) to your testes to produce enough testosterone.
thyroid looks good.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I need to know if someone can help me figure this out. I was told to come here from pmgamer18

I'm 24 years old, and have been extremely fatigue for the past 14 months. I've never done a single drug (btw).

ACTH Stim test

Base line 14.5 (Range is 3.1 - 22.4)

30 minute draw 24.9 (Range is 3.1 - 22.4) This was listed as high.

LH 1.8 (1.5 - 9.3)
FSH 3.0 (1.4 - 18.1)
Testosterone 397 (241 - 827)
t4- free 1.38 (0.61 - 1.76)
IGF-1 246 (116-358)
TSH 0.879 (0.350 - 5.500)
Cortisol 8.4 (5-25)

Here is my Saliva test for Cortisol and Dhea-s (24 hours)

Morning 3.8 ---- Normal range is 3-10
Noon 0.9 ---- Normal range is 2-4
Evening 0.1 ---- Normal range is 1-2
Night 0.1 ---- Normal range is 0.5-1.5

DHEA-S 3.8 --------- Normal ranges are between 3-10

I believe my testosterone is too low for my age. I had another test done 6 weeks prior that showed my testosterone @ 319 (400-1080). My libido is fine.

My symptoms are 24/7 fatigue and sore neck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was the best shape of my life before this, and just want to get back there.
Again your dr forgot alot of other test to give a more clincal pictures. Your free t-3 levels where never even tested so you do not know how much t4 is being converted to t-3. To say that your thyroid is fine is partly correct given the information, but free t-3 needs to be estabilished to determine that With your free cortisol being that low thryoid meaning t-3 is not getting into the cell hence you have intracellular adrenal fatigue not recognized by most drs. Since your cortisol levels are constantly low you may want to run a 24 hour urine cortisol test. Th dr never even checked on your estrodial level and given your over all pics I would expect it to be slightly elevated, Free testosterone was never even given checked and if free cortisol is low then one can assure that cellular receptors are affected for other hormones.

Have you been checked for any viral infections because it looks like something could have got a hold of you Pneumonia, epstein Barr, mono, ect,

You might want to try some ZMA before bed that may help. Another thing, if you are carrying excess body weight this will increae the aromotase in your body. So addresses your lifestrlye habits may be your first step such as sleep patterns and getting your biological clock in check. Wake up with sun ligjht and stay away from computers late at niight.

Strongenough

Awards
Again your dr forgot alot of other test to give a more clincal pictures. Your free t-3 levels where never even tested so you do not know how much t4 is being converted to t-3. To say that your thyroid is fine is partly correct given the information, but free t-3 needs to be estabilished to determine that With your free cortisol being that low thryoid meaning t-3 is not getting into the cell hence you have intracellular adrenal fatigue not recognized by most drs. Since your cortisol levels are constantly low you may want to run a 24 hour urine cortisol test. Th dr never even checked on your estrodial level and given your over all pics I would expect it to be slightly elevated, Free testosterone was never even given checked and if free cortisol is low then one can assure that cellular receptors are affected for other hormones.

Have you been checked for any viral infections because it looks like something could have got a hold of you Pneumonia, epstein Barr, mono, ect,

You might want to try some ZMA before bed that may help. Another thing, if you are carrying excess body weight this will increae the aromotase in your body. So addresses your lifestrlye habits may be your first step such as sleep patterns and getting your biological clock in check. Wake up with sun ligjht and stay away from computers late at niight.
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Yes, I've had a 24 urine test done 7 weeks ago. It was 27 (10-105). The doctor again, said this was normal. I've been tested for a lot. EBV/CMB, Lyme, Allergies, Sleepy study, as well as other normal stand blood panel tests. Everything keeps coming back fine. They also tested my Heart and lungs (Xrays, holter monitor, pulminary test).

I'll request a free t3, as well as my E2 to be tested. I still think something is up here.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies everyone!

Yes, I've had a 24 urine test done 7 weeks ago. It was 27 (10-105). The doctor again, said this was normal. I've been tested for a lot. EBV/CMB, Lyme, Allergies, Sleepy study, as well as other normal stand blood panel tests. Everything keeps coming back fine. They also tested my Heart and lungs (Xrays, holter monitor, pulminary test).

I'll request a free t3, as well as my E2 to be tested. I still think something is up here.
Add shbg, dhea-s, progesterone, hba1c,
if your adrenals are low hypoglcemic or hidden reactive hypoglycemia. glucose tolerance test would uncover this despite normal glucose serum

Strongenough

Awards
Ok. I'll ask for them as well. Thanks!

Dr. John: Anything else I should look into, or ask my doc to do? Any opinions on my labs?

I've montiored my temp a lot too lately. When I wake in the mornings, it seems to bounce around. Sometimes 98.1, sometimes 97.8. However, if I try to workout in the mornings (30 minutes on an elliptical) which I'm very cold while doing and breaking a cold sweat. If I take my temp after working out, my temp drops down to 97.2