E2 and E16 confusion.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In this forum i see a lot of guys concerned with their E2 levels. however i have seen a few studies that say E2 is the "good" E and 16E is the "bad" E. In these studies they actually say that Dim helps convert E16 into E2. I am just a little confused. Why is everyone so enfatuated with E2 if E16 is the "bad" E.

its here in this study

All About Diindolylmethane

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
There are three main groups of the 40 or so estrogens. Estrone (E1), Estradiol (E2) and Estriol (E3). Estradiol and Estrone convert back and forth. Androgens cause a preferential shift toward Estrone.

Estrone then is metabolized into three pathways. 2-OHE (good), 4-OHE (very bad) and 16-alpha-OHE (bad).

favors a shift toward good 2-OHE, and away from bad 16-OHE. It is not correct to say the 16-OHE is converted into 2-OHE.

As I have seen a couple of studies where DIM also increased 4-OHE production, I advise to use TMG to wash the 4-OHE downstream to its better metabolites. It is a methyl donor, so also does many other good things for us.

There it is, in a nutshell.
Great Info Dr. John
Do you recommend DIM?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There are three main groups of the 40 or so estrogens. Estrone (E1), Estradiol (E2) and Estriol (E3). Estradiol and Estrone convert back and forth. Androgens cause a preferential shift toward Estrone.

Estrone then is metabolized into three pathways. 2-OHE (good), 4-OHE (very bad) and 16-alpha-OHE (bad).

DIM favors a shift toward good 2-OHE, and away from bad 16-OHE. It is not correct to say the 16-OHE is converted into 2-OHE.

As I have seen a couple of studies where DIM also increased 4-OHE production, I advise to use TMG to wash the 4-OHE downstream to its better metabolites. It is a methyl donor, so also does many other good things for us.

thanks doc. appreciate the wisdom relayed in lamends terms.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

DIM favors a shift toward good 2-OHE, and away from bad 16-OHE. It is not correct to say the 16-OHE is converted into 2-OHE.

Why do we watch Estradiol(E2) and when is too high we take DIM which does nothing for E2?

We should be watching Estrone if that is what we can adjust.
Need some help here, please.
=============
My test Oct06
estrone, serum--------------------78 pg/mL (12-72)
Estradiol, sensitive----------------27 pg/mL (3-70)

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why do we watch Estradiol(E2) and when is too high we take DIM which does nothing for E2?

We should be watching Estrone if that is what we can adjust.
Need some help here, please.
=============
My test Oct06
estrone, serum--------------------78 pg/mL (12-72)
Estradiol, sensitive----------------27 pg/mL (3-70)
good question i would like to know the answer to that as well

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
good question i would like to know the answer to that as well
If you have a time, may want to bump that post.
But do both, upper and lower part, so it will be easier to catch Dr's attention.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
So when readin the info on TMG and it says it promotes "healthy" levels of homocysteine what does that mean? Does it lower, raise, convert etc?