Estradiol too low?

wondering

Awards
Ok I've posted before and here's quick recap and latest news...

Androgel 10mgs only moved me to 320 T, so switched to weekly 100mg Test Cyp injections. After 2 months, I feel as worse as I have ever felt. Had blood drawn on Day 6 and my Total T came back at 567 and my Estradiol came back at "less than 10" with range of 10-40.

I was expecting my T to be very low, so was surprised it was at 567. But then was shocked ot learn my Estradiol was so low.

Now what? How do I raise it? Could this be causing anxiety and erection and libido issues?

Please help. thanks.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
We need to know your SHBG.
That result is expected for having your blood drawn on day 6. You should try drawing it on day 2.

Last edited:

kincaiddave

Awards
How could your E2 be that low? It is not typical at all to have that low of a level of E2 while on shots. Are you taking anything to lower the E2? If you are, I would think you need to lower the dosage.

wondering

Awards
No, I am not taking anything to lower E2 and can't imagine this is normal by any means.

I'm not too happy with my endo and need some info on what to request next. i may just go to my PCP and ask him ot contatc Dr. John.

Still, I am so puzzled why my E2 would be so low and what to do now.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
No, I am not taking anything to lower E2 and can't imagine this is normal by any means.

I'm not too happy with my endo and need some info on what to request next. i may just go to my PCP and ask him ot contatc Dr. John.

Still, I am so puzzled why my E2 would be so low and what to do now.
Elevated progesterone could be a factor here since majority of drs only half ass check things. Have you had a PSA done,
Goto the

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/47857-trt-recipe-success.html

Get all basis covered, hyper thyroid may also decrease estrogen as well since it helps to metabolise it and get with dr john. can not put a price tag on your health. Spending the extra cash will probably save you months of aggravation.

Day 2 when your testosterone should be peaking after the injection i beleive that is why hectic is recommending that so that also your estrogen would also be the highest as well.

wondering

Awards
Dr. John - I have no idea what kind of test it was, but will find out.

For discussions sake, 2 questions...

1. Assume the result is real, why would my E2 be so low and now what?

2. Assume it isn't a valid result, now what? If my T is raised and I feel worse than before, now what? what else could it be?

I just requested from my endo's office all my tests and will post early next week. These will be from 1. Baseline, 2. on Andro 5mg. 3. on Andro 10mg, 4. On Test Cyp 100mg/1 per week.

I am so frustrated and have lost 12 years of my life.

DR. JOHN - I think I will set up an appt. with my PCP and give him your protocol and ask him to contact you. He isn't very knowledgeable, but I think he is more open minded and more willing to learn than my stubborn endo.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
AS pointed out before by you drawing on 6 th day your levels where starting to come down to there lowest levels. Given you would have drawn on second day your test levels probably would be even higher 800 or even higher. So in reality you tes dosage may be actually to high for you and may need to be adjusted based up on test results taken at peak time and not at the lowest. I am not a medical dr but 567 could be a high number for some one being at the lowest point of TRT and you take 100 mgs next day? Be intersting to see the difference on day 2 vs day 6 it might be surprising.

wondering

Awards
Dr. John please read. TY

I understand what you're saying, but am dumbfounded that my T can be higher than it has been in some time and yet my libido and erections are worse than, probably, ever. Especially odd considering my E2 may be low. At NO point during the week do I experience good erections or strong libido.

when I was on Andro, my T was considerably lower, but erections were slighly better. I assume due to higher conversion to DHT. I have never had DHT tested.

I don't think I have much choice other than to have my dr. contact Dr. John and see what we can learn. So frustrating.

Dr. John, how do I go about having my dr. contact you?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I understand what you're saying, but am dumbfounded that my T can be higher than it has been in some time and yet my libido and erections are worse than, probably, ever. Especially odd considering my E2 may be low. At NO point during the week do I experience good erections or strong libido.

when I was on Andro, my T was considerably lower, but erections were slighly better. I assume due to higher conversion to DHT. I have never had DHT tested.

I don't think I have much choice other than to have my dr. contact Dr. John and see what we can learn. So frustrating.

Dr. John, how do I go about having my dr. contact you?
I understand your frustration and it may be a good idea to have your dr complete blood work before hand because as you mentioined it was never throughly checked before. Thing I like about Dr john's approach is that is a complete profile and it gives an over all clinical picture were traditional endos would only test tesosterone and estrodial and forget about the other things which could be hidden factors.

Lists all the suppelments you are taking and other medications which could be interacting. Checking adrenals/ thyroid imbalance may be your next step along with complete hormone testing. There also may be hidden blood sugar imbalances/ Serum glucose readings are only going to show if there is a existing problem at rest. Give your body some carbs and then measure the responds thats when the hidden hypoglcemia will show. 2 people other then myself would have been diabetic if it was nto for me demanding the glucose tolerance test. One of the kid was 18 athlete in high school i started probing around and his eating was impeccable, but some things were sticking out and mental. When I mentioned how he felt after eating he told me tired and light headed. I demanded for him to get the test done. His dr was hesitant / restiant and wondered why. Finally he agreed and when test came back the dr was dumb founded and sent the kid to endo for further testing. If this was just one kid with no predipstion, ate clean an athlete, with no mental prior problems and caused a concern for the dr how many other people are there out there ...

Check this out it may help explain things

TRT in men with low SHBG - MESO-Rx