Interesting side effect from clonidine use

Kid

Awards
I was a bit concerned about my blood pressure as it was a bit on the high side. I was retaining some water still even with the armidex (.25 mg 3 times per/week) being added to my regimen. My physician added .2 mg of Clonidine to the equation before bed and asked me to discontinue the Melatonin. For three days in a row I've awaken to morning wood. Maybe this could be attributed to my T levels stabilizing and my estrogen finally leveling out at an acceptable level thanks to Arimidex. However, I wonder if some of the vasodilating effect of the Clonidine and it's influence on REM sleep and GH release has had some sort of balancing effect. I'm pleasantly surprised but a little skeptical too.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
DO you think it is possible it could be from discontinuing the melatonin?

Kid

Awards
I don't believe so because my morning wood was non existant before beginning the melatonin

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was a bit concerned about my blood pressure as it was a bit on the high side. I was retaining some water still even with the armidex (.25 mg 3 times per/week) being added to my regimen. My physician added .2 mg of Clonidine to the equation before bed and asked me to discontinue the Melatonin. For three days in a row I've awaken to morning wood. Maybe this could be attributed to my T levels stabilizing and my estrogen finally leveling out at an acceptable level thanks to Arimidex. However, I wonder if some of the vasodilating effect of the Clonidine and it's influence on REM sleep and GH release has had some sort of balancing effect. I'm pleasantly surprised but a little skeptical too.
Hey Kid, I just started Clonidine for elevated pulse and BP. .1 mgs. Dr. wanted to start low. We're hoping it will help me sleep as I get surges of norepinephrine late at night. Cortisol is highest at midnight. I am praying this will work. It takes me 1.5 hours to fall asleep, after 15 mgs of Ambien!

Would love to hear how you are doing.

Best,
J