AMA Resolution

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Christopher. Nice find. I hadn't heard this yet.

And medicine takes (another) step backwards, all in service to the BigPharma Industry. The health of the people be damned, eh?

They are not even being good men/women of science here. For if they did one iota of honest study on the mater, they would not do this. In fact, once they do, they will find out how they have shamed themselves.

How can anyone with even minimal study think that synthetic hormones which appear no where innature, or horones for other species, are preferential to those God-given within our own bodies? Does that make sense to ANY one here?

I seriously doubt we will see any of this nonsense coming from the AOA.
Health care costs in this country are already staggering, and millions can't afford insurance. This is nonsense - a recipe for revolt.

FYI777

Awards
Medicine really does seem to be more and more being controlled by politics, not science, to the detriment of the people(and doctors alike).sigh

christopher

Awards
  • Established
ever wonder why you cant watch tv w/out seeing 10 drug ads....?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's just like how the liberal media constantly gives Democrats passes on everything, while unfairly attacking Republicans. Same kind of smear: one sided, no retort allowed. And to the detriment of the people.
Im be a bit cautios throwing any support for conservatives when it comes to matters of health, science and liberal action for ones own health. One only needs to look at the stem cell issue. Its a liberal type governent that are often in support of alternative medicines. Again, Im making broad generalizations here that can differ from party to party, but only to an extent.

christopher

Awards
  • Established
The "politics" come from BigPharma. And now, apparently, the AMA whihc thingks mor eof money than it does th ewell being of the people.

Their position is absolutely indefensible. There is no science behind this. In fact, if they truly cared about the people, AND their own integrity, they would honestly examine the benefits of bioidentical hormone therapy. If they did, the rest is a foregone conclusion. The evidence is that strong.

This is an abomination. A black day for medicine.
I agree w/this 100%....Its all about the $$$$$...Ties into the commercials/ads we see over and over on TV....Ask yourself why...? IMO, the Phar co's paid millions to get it FDA approved, now they gotta make their money and turn a profit....One pill creates the need for another....and another etc....

Not to mention the dishonest claims.....

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually, the Conservatives are the ones fighting the Socialized medicine that Hillary and those of her ilk are trying to force down our throats. If you think things are bad now, wait until that happens! There will be NO Anti-Aging Medicine, of any type, paid for by insurance. Our citizens will die waiting for routine care, as they do in Canada.

The stem cell issue has been prostituted by the Liberal media to the point the public has no concept of the actual facts. The only thing the Republicans have stated is that federal dollars should not be spent funding it, which is entirely consistent with their anti-abortion stand--NOT that it should be made illegal (which is what the Dems, total unquestioned on this by the Liberal media, have been brainwashing the American public with). Indeed, the type of stem cell research being opposed is unnecessary, and only serves as a Democratic talking point, rather than actually having medical merit.

Ha! Well I don't know enough about politics to jump into a debate about it. I was just making the point about stem cells.

Politics! Gotta love em'

FYI777

Awards
Many of the witches, who were tortured as they were killed, were Midwives, "diagnosed" by local doctors as being "possessed. Their only crime? Stealing business from the doctors by providing childbirth care.
Thanks Dr.John I didn't know this,very interesting.

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
It's just like how the liberal media constantly gives Democrats passes on everything, while unfairly attacking Republicans. Same kind of smear: one sided, no retort allowed. And to the detriment of the people.
I'm liking you more and more every day Dr.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
Wow...how did I miss this thread? I think the FDA/TGA, the drug companies and the government are all into the same pile of money - and the health of the public are secondary to the profits thats go into this pile of money. Pharmeutical drugs are a huge part of the economy in the US and it earns the government huge amounts of money - probably to help pay for their military. Its gotta come from somewhere.

Dont be surprised when the goverments all around the world start taxing natural medicine to death too. I dont think you will be able to get vitamins and minerals soon like you can now. We cant have the public getting HEALTHY now can we?!?!!!! The drug companies and the governments dont like the fact that they are not getting enough of a cut of it, even if preventitive medicine is better in the long run than "treating" symptoms years down the track with drugs.

Its just the way the world is going. A sign of the times. Its all about money and I think it stinks.......there im done.....lol.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Many of the witches, who were tortured as they were killed, were Midwives, "diagnosed" by local doctors as being "possessed. Their only crime? Stealing business from the doctors by providing childbirth care.

a bit overly simplistic but it makes your point. the reality of power struggles and abusing people's convictions, sentiments has a long long history. organized medicine pro's and cons is just one example

Skeptic

Awards
Actually, the Conservatives are the ones fighting the Socialized medicine that Hillary and those of her ilk are trying to force down our throats. If you think things are bad now, wait until that happens! There will be NO Anti-Aging Medicine, of any type, paid for by insurance. Our citizens will die waiting for routine care, as they do in Canada.

According to the CIA Fact Book and the World Health Organization, our citizens are already dying at a higher rate than they are in Canada. And this is despite the fact that we spend more per capita on our corporate-lobbied healthcare system than our northern neighbors do on their socialized healthcare system.

United States

Infant mortality rate:

male: 7.09 deaths/1,000 live births
female: 5.74 deaths/1,000 live births (2006 est.)
total: 6.43 deaths/1,000 live births

Life expectancy at birth:
male: 75.02 years
female: 80.82 years (2006 est.)
total population: 77.85 years

Canada

Infant mortality rate:
male: 5.15 deaths/1,000 live births
female: 4.22 deaths/1,000 live births (2006 est.)
total: 4.69 deaths/1,000 live births

male: 76.86 years
female: 83.74 years (2006 est.)
total population: 80.22 years

Source:
https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/docs/profileguide.html

Canada

Total expenditure on health as percentage of gross domestic product
9.9 (2003)

General government expenditure on health as percentage of total expenditure on health 69.9 (2003)

Private expenditure on health as percentage of total expenditure on health 30.1 (2003)

General government expenditure on health as percentage of total government expenditure 16.7 (2003)

External resources for health as percentage of total expenditure on health 0.0 (2003)

Social security expenditure on health as percentage of general government expenditure on health 2.1
(2003)

Out-of-pocket expenditure as percentage of private expenditure on health 49.60 (2003)

Private prepaid plans as percentage of private expenditure on health 42.3 (2003)

Per capita total expenditure on health at average exchange rate (US$) 2,669 (2003)

Per capita total expenditure on health at international dollar rate 2,989 (2003)

Per capita government expenditure on health at average exchange rate (US$) 1,866 (2003)

Per capita government expenditure on health at international dollar rate 2,090 (2003)

United States of America

Total expenditure on health as percentage of gross domestic product 15.2 (2003)

General government expenditure on health as percentage of total expenditure on health 44.6 (2003)

Private expenditure on health as percentage of total expenditure on health 55.4 (2003)

General government expenditure on health as percentage of total government expenditure 18.5 (2003)

External resources for health as percentage of total expenditure on health 0.0 (2003)

Social security expenditure on health as percentage of general government expenditure on health 28.4
(2003)

Out-of-pocket expenditure as percentage of private expenditure on health 24.30 (2003)

Private prepaid plans as percentage of private expenditure on health 65.9 (2003)

Per capita total expenditure on health at average exchange rate (US$) 5,711 (2003)

Per capita total expenditure on health at international dollar rate[/U] 5,711 (2003)

Per capita government expenditure on health at average exchange rate (US$) 2,548 (2003)

Per capita government expenditure on health at international dollar rate 2,548 (2003)

Source: Core Health Indicators

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
According to the CIA Fact Book and the World Health Organization, our citizens are already dying at a higher rate than they are in Canada. And this is despite the fact that we spend more per capita on our corporate-lobbied healthcare system than our northern neighbors do on their socialized healthcare system.

United States

Infant mortality rate:

male: 7.09 deaths/1,000 live births
female: 5.74 deaths/1,000 live births (2006 est.)
total: 6.43 deaths/1,000 live births

male: 75.02 years
female: 80.82 years (2006 est.)
total population: 77.85 years

Canada

Infant mortality rate:
male: 5.15 deaths/1,000 live births
female: 4.22 deaths/1,000 live births (2006 est.)
total: 4.69 deaths/1,000 live births

male: 76.86 years
female: 83.74 years (2006 est.)
total population: 80.22 years

Source:
https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/docs/profileguide.html

Canada

Total expenditure on health as percentage of gross domestic product
9.9 (2003)

General government expenditure on health as percentage of total expenditure on health 69.9 (2003)

Private expenditure on health as percentage of total expenditure on health 30.1 (2003)

General government expenditure on health as percentage of total government expenditure 16.7 (2003)

Social security expenditure on health as percentage of general government expenditure on health 2.1
(2003)

Out-of-pocket expenditure as percentage of private expenditure on health 49.60 (2003)

Private prepaid plans as percentage of private expenditure on health 42.3 (2003)

Per capita total expenditure on health at average exchange rate (US$) 2,669 (2003)

Per capita total expenditure on health at international dollar rate 2,989 (2003)

Per capita government expenditure on health at average exchange rate (US$) 1,866 (2003)

Per capita government expenditure on health at international dollar rate 2,090 (2003)

United States of America

Total expenditure on health as percentage of gross domestic product 15.2 (2003)

General government expenditure on health as percentage of total expenditure on health 44.6 (2003)

Private expenditure on health as percentage of total expenditure on health 55.4 (2003)

General government expenditure on health as percentage of total government expenditure 18.5 (2003)

Social security expenditure on health as percentage of general government expenditure on health 28.4
(2003)

Out-of-pocket expenditure as percentage of private expenditure on health 24.30 (2003)

Private prepaid plans as percentage of private expenditure on health 65.9 (2003)

Per capita total expenditure on health at average exchange rate (US$) 5,711 (2003)

Per capita total expenditure on health at international dollar rate[/U] 5,711 (2003)

Per capita government expenditure on health at average exchange rate (US$) 2,548 (2003)

Per capita government expenditure on health at international dollar rate 2,548 (2003)

Source: Core Health Indicators
Statistics do not apply to those with superior genetics.
Actually, socialized medicine would weed out weaklings.
If that is what you want, socialized medicine is an excellent way to go.
Probably good thing for preserving human species.
Not really good in my case, I need all the help I can muster.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I recently saw a dr who told me before I saw him it would cost $450.......he then charged me $975. Since I have a very high deductable I asked him to keep costs down.......so he prescribed a medicine that cost $250 per month. I later found the generic costs $25 per month but I guess he doesnt get kick backs on the generic.

And his diagnosis was wrong...............completely wrong, almost like he never even looked at the labs.

When I saw him my credit card had a $0 balnce....now its about $2000 with interest accruing.

No country in the world has a worse system than that..........

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Prince IronMag Labs 1
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Evomuse 2
SSJ4GOD Nootropics 22