milky liquid from around nipple?

pete073

Awards
I was wondering If it is normal If you squeeze around the nipple area and a white liquid comes out?? I checked my prolactin about a year ago and it was normal.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's not even normal for women (who aren't pregnant). You might want to have your prolactin checked out again.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering If it is normal If you squeeze around the nipple area and a white liquid comes out?? I checked my prolactin about a year ago and it was normal.
No joke I was able to squirt the stuff out like several inches like a spray. neat trick huh. Prolactin levels were fine as well but drs never even checked estrodial levels or shbg (sigh). if estrogen and prolactin was fine it most likely could be progesterone build up.

pete073

Awards
No joke I was able to squirt the stuff out like several inches like a spray. neat trick huh. Prolactin levels were fine as well but drs never even checked estrodial levels or shbg (sigh). if estrogen and prolactin was fine it most likely could be progesterone build up.[/QU

is progesterone build up bad, why does it happen?

pete073

Awards
You need to see a doctor about this.
1 year ago I went to an endo and he said it was normal not to squeeze it anymore because i will stimulate it to produce more, my prolactin was in normal range.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Look at the plus side - you might be able to get a part time job as a wet nurse???

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
people like you ruin the forum!
Actually - I think we need to be able to take a look at things (most things anyway) and try to have some fun with it. I realize that the symptoms you describe are serious, and are those that warrant medical attention. You aren't the first or the last that has had this happen. If I came across as absurd - well, on many forums people bash one another. Here they usually don't, and we either try to contribute or at least provoke a smile.

Now then, I do have concern for your situation, the same as I would for others (but certainly less than I would if it were me). Obviously there is NO plus side to a male facing your conditions. The shear absurdity of saying there was one, was just stupid David Letterman-esque buffoonery. Just mean to elicit a smile.

Sorry if my attempt to poke a little fun came across as me having fun at your expense, or if it was ill-timed.

Seriously.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
If you stop squeezing it, it should go away, it does for women anyway. "use it or lose it" as they would say.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
1 year ago I went to an endo and he said it was normal not to squeeze it anymore because i will stimulate it to produce more, my prolactin was in normal range.
All I can say is WOW!!!! I am no endo thats for sure but its hard for me to fathom a qualified endo stating that spraying milk from your nipples is normal. If it were me I would be seeking a second opinion I believe.

PhoebeusFenix

Awards
I had a friend when we were 10 that could do this, never actually thought why that was...

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
look up
Google Answers: Pituitary Microadenomas
Hyperprolactinemic anovulatory syndrome -- Bohnet et al. 42 (1): 132 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism

Also galatorrhea google ..Have thyroid hormones checked as well as cortisol levels. Cushing syndrome first thing that popped in my mind. If you are taking any kind of stimulate and drinking alot of coffe then this increases cortisol levels so examine yout dietary/lifestyle habits and most like you could find a clue in there..
It's not Cushing's.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Thats pretty scary. I'm just wondering what you were doing squeezing yourself in the first place?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what about b6 @ 200mg per day? That helped me with some puffy nips back in december.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
what about b6 @ 200mg per day? That helped me with some puffy nips back in december.
TRy 50 mgs P5P BID and 600 mgs nac instead less chance of nerve damage from excessive b-6 and it converted so liver does not do the work

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate -- the redox of pyridoxine, vitamin B6. BID = twice daily.