Melatonin and physical agitation

Tonyk

Awards
I am sure someone has some insight into this. And I have searched the internet for info. It was once even asked in a health survey.
Why does melatonin give me bad physical agitation if I take it? Like I keep having to move my legs and body leading to sleeplessness. It didnt used to affect me, it used to help, I quit taking it years ago after developing these symptoms.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Did you try start it again in the hopes you just needed to desensitize?
Did you try lowering or raising the dose?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Because a very small portion of the population will experience a paroxysmal reaction to any- and everything. Including melatonin.
TRy time released I have same problem with regular. It really depends on how your liver breaks it down. I was up 1 hour after taking the non time released form. Swtich to time released form and nighty nighty. Start with 1 mgs and if stil nothing goto 2 and get out in the sun for 15-30 minutes a day and you will not need metatonin. Its wintertme I know but still go for a walk or something and get some natural sunlight to reset your circaden rthyme. Being couped up in side with florescent lighting will cause alteration in serotnin melatonin cycle. Get up with sun and go to bed in dark..

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
about 30 mins same time every morning, without sunglasses.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
about 30 mins same time every morning, without sunglasses.
Looks like you done your home work :) Are you on the computer late at night at all and if so for how long? Are you in canada if so might want to up vitamin D to 1000 ius a day. just a suggestion. Once above 40 th parellel 30 minutes of sun is less intesnse then futher south. Proven people in boston have lower vitamin D levels then people in other regions of the united states and may be why North east is one of the biggest cancer belts is because of lack of people getting sunlight staying couped up in side all day. Also to NE has alot of nuclear power plants with in 100 mile radius does not help the picture

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Im just up at odd hours, look up "light therapy visor" in google images, thats another option if you dont have much sunlight in the mornings.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you done your home work :) Are you on the computer late at night at all and if so for how long? Are you in canada if so might want to up vitamin D to 1000 ius a day. just a suggestion. Once above 40 th parellel 30 minutes of sun is less intesnse then futher south. Proven people in boston have lower vitamin D levels then people in other regions of the united states and may be why North east is one of the biggest cancer belts is because of lack of people getting sunlight staying couped up in side all day. Also to NE has alot of nuclear power plants with in 100 mile radius does not help the picture
Hey, hey, be carefull,
I was designing, building and latter operating Nuclear Power Plants.
13 years at Three Miles Island, the other unit, the one that did not melted.