Armour, if under the tongue still wait an Hour?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Guys with Armour Thyroid if you let it dossolve completely under the tongue do you still have to wait an hour after taking it to eat?

Mr.50

IronGrip

Awards
I didn't know you had to. Should I be waiting an hour?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is what I have always been recomended. Not sure if it is scientifically accurate but it seems to work. I have also, whenever possible be told to dissolve the dosage under the tongue or between cheek and gums. So I am wondering if the dissolving in mouth technique is used does this stop the requirement to wait for an hour before eating?

Mr.50

I didn't know you had to. Should I be waiting an hour?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well Dr. John I agree with you all the way. It was explained to me to take it sublingually to increase the mucosal absorbtion but maybe that is not accurate. I also take 1/2 of a 2 grain tablet twice per day (total 2 grains). So are you saying that since I break it in half already, I can just take it with some water and then eat 20 minutes later? Is 20 minutes enough time? How about for the second dosage, how long after eating should it be? 20 minutes will be a lot easier for me then trying to waste an hour before eating and leaving for the gym.

Mr.50

I've never told any of my guys to do that. Doesn't it taste like a dirty sock?

My guys take it with water, immediately upon arising, giving it a bite as it goes by. Then twenty minutes before taking in anything else.

It's been a long time since the last protein. Let's not eat up too much muscle! And we need to get blood sugar levels up--especially if they are also doing GH.

Why would you want to take it sublingually, anyway?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Well Dr. John I agree with you all the way. It was explained to me to take it sublingually to increase the mucosal absorbtion but maybe that is not accurate. I also take 1/2 of a 2 grain tablet twice per day (total 2 grains). So are you saying that since I break it in half already, I can just take it with some water and then eat 20 minutes later? Is 20 minutes enough time? How about for the second dosage, how long after eating should it be? 20 minutes will be a lot easier for me then trying to waste an hour before eating and leaving for the gym.

Mr.50
A lot of thyroid sites say to do this but I don't see any studys saying it goes right into the blood doing this. I tried it and my teeth hurt.
Phil

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
actually armour has a nice acquired taste once you get use to it :)

magic8989

Awards
I like the taste also. The only exception is when i get a the Westeroid nstead of the Armour.