Interesting find about hormone transportation

magic8989

Awards
I thought i would post an interesting find showing androgens and estrogens are transported not only by passive diffusion but also active diffusion by megalin an endocytic receptor.

Entrez PubMed

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
you could also examine how if your are undermethylated that this is essential for hormones to bind to receptors sites. Also could examine how improper balanced phospholipid structure of the cell is important in hormone binding as well :) We are just starting to understand the more bio complexity of the human body and we have along way to go yet

magic8989

Awards
Thank you for posting this interesting study.

We've long known the hormone/SHBG complex is not inert, though we treat it that way. I wonder if this uptake may be responsible, in part, for the variability we see across the population with respect to health and happiness at varying hormone levels.

I am much pleased with the increasing technical nature of this Forum.
No problem. I wonder the same question as well. Maybe this makes the effects more potent which would would explain like you said why someone can get by on 100mg of test a week while others need 150mg.

you could also examine how if your are undermethylated that this is essential for hormones to bind to receptors sites. Also could examine how improper balanced phospholipid structure of the cell is important in hormone binding as well We are just starting to understand the more bio complexity of the human body and we have along way to go yet
Interesting ideas. Your posts are always very informative and helpful.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
i always like to get peoples wheels turning and work out those cob webs LOL

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
I wish I understood an 1/8 of that..
Never was good in science!

magic8989

Awards
This is something I have been working on for some time now with Dr. Frank Nordt of Rhein Consulting Labs. Some ideas have arisen because, according to Dr. Nordt, the 24 hour labs of my patients look different than those of other physicians--even at the same T dosage. More on that later.
Interesting. I hope you find some conclusions and i look forward to reading them.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
This is something I have been working on for some time now with Dr. Frank Nordt of Rhein Consulting Labs. Some ideas have arisen because, according to Dr. Nordt, the 24 hour labs of my patients look different than those of other physicians--even at the same T dosage. More on that later.
One possibility may be like this (forget for a moment that it was women study):
The temporal reliability of serum estrogens, progesterone, gonadotropins, SHBG and urinary estrogen and progesterone metabolites in premenopausal women

The results of the few published studies suggest that the natural temporal variability (true variation over time, not variation due to storage or other factors) of some serum estrogens, gonadotropins and urinary sex hormone metabolites is sufficiently great that a single measurement occasion may be inadequate to ensure a reliable estimate
-----------------------
Conclusions
Experimental designs that take the natural variability of these analytes into account by obtaining measurements on a sufficient number of occasions will be rewarded with increased power and accuracy.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Experimental designs that take the natural variability of these analytes into account by obtaining measurements on a sufficient number of occasions will be rewarded with increased power and accuracy.[/QUOTE]

Can some one tranlated this in english for me please?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Experimental designs that take the natural variability of these analytes into account by obtaining measurements on a sufficient number of occasions will be rewarded with increased power and accuracy.

Can some one tranlated this in english for me please?
Cut once, but measure 10 times before cutting.
(Not sure if that is english enough, english is my second language, and after 35 years in NE I forgot my first.)