Anybody try creams to remove dark circles?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If so, what seems to be the best at REMOVING them, not just covering them. It's weird, never had them, then on my 25th birthday I all of the sudden woke up with them badly!

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
i take it you are taking about under your eyes?
I have bad dark almost bruising under mine. I went to the doctor and he maybe i had sinus problems and to take antihistamine. That didn't work so let me know if you find something out. I'm 24.

magic8989

Awards
I used to have real bad dark circles under my eyes also. As soon as i started to treat my adrenals with HC and thyroid with Armour they have gotten much better.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
Dark circles under the eyes could mean your liver is struggling a bit. You might just need a good detox because dark circles under the eyes is what you get when your body becomes overloaded with toxins and your immune system is a little compromised.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've had them since college, or maybe high school. I can't remember - would have to look through pictures to get an idea.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I used to have real bad dark circles under my eyes also. As soon as i started to treat my adrenals with HC and thyroid with Armour they have gotten much better.
Same here Magic......

I would not be real into treating the symptoms nearly as much as the underlying cause.

I lost twenty years of my life treating the symptoms.......

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean by HC? Hydrocortisone???

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Same here Magic......

I would not be real into treating the symptoms nearly as much as the underlying cause.

I lost twenty years of my life treating the symptoms.......

So did you guy get this checked out by a doctor? What type of condition would it be called?

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
Getting a adiqute amount of sleep every night will help reduce them greatly.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hope its not my liver, wow, sounds scary. Well, I will have to try those detox teas to see how it goes. So sounds like the bottom line is that the creams don't work?

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
Theres absolutely no need to panic. If your liver function blood tests are normal, your fine. All I mean by "sluggish" is temporarily overloaded as opposed to diseased. You would be surprised at how many people have sluggish livers with what people put into their mouth these days.

Two good supplements to detox are "Livertone Plus" and Lipoec Acid. Both of these you can get on line. I would also go to a good anti-aging clinic that also does homeopathy and detoxification or a GOOD homeopath. You may not even have a sluggish liver, but dark circles under the eyes is a symptom of it so it might be worth checking out.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
As I mentioned, I've had dark circles since some point in college - but all my regular blood tests (non-hormone cycles) have shown proper liver values.

What else internally might cause these?

Or, perhaps I should just see a dermatologist.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As I mentioned, I've had dark circles since some point in college - but all my regular blood tests (non-hormone cycles) have shown proper liver values.

What else internally might cause these?

Or, perhaps I should just see a dermatologist.
Its not only liver. Dark circle are usually an indicator of improper fuction to clear toxins. Kidneys from what I understand is the usual culprit for dark circles.

Adams

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
The only thing that will show up if your liver is sluggish, will be basically gilberts syndrome or isolated elevated billirubin. (this is a fairly new thing so your doctor might not know this). If you dont have this, then its probably not your liver.

Also, when I was lifting I used to have a lot of a dextrose based supplements to get more carbs and it was sending my insulin levels up and down like a yo-yo and I remember when I was doing this, the dark circles under my eyes were at their worst. I just couldnt figure out what I was doing wrong. Sugar really holds back your immune system. How are you with bad carbs and do you have carbs on their own without any protein?

Another thing you could check is your gut flora. 70% of your immune system is in your guts and if the balance is out, then it will effect your metabolism in a big way and make you ill. You wont absorb much of what you eat either. When you say dark circles under the eyes, to me there is somthing metabolically wrong - gut, liver, diet, adrenals, thyroid. Having said that, it could be somthing completely different, but this is where I would start looking.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I never eat carbs on their own.
Bad carbs....uh, yeah I indulge in them a bit too often this winter. But - when I was on Bobo's diet (basically no sugar) back in mid-2005, I'm pretty sure I had them then.
But - I doubt I have pictures to be able to compare - I only take pics of my biceps. :p

I've been taking the Activa sorta off and on for a while now. I get the 21 pack at Sam's and have one per day (when I remember to get them). I've also been taking this acidophilious drink from wal-mart once a day in my protein shake (I think it's called Bio Salud or some sh*t).

You may be on with adrenals. I've suspected adrenal burn-out with all the caffeine pills/stimulants like StimX and Venom I took in the summer and fall.
I did take a major back in November and December - only maybe 7 days total of caffeine - no strong stims - in a little over 8 weeks.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wikipedia Answer

Causes

[edit] Heredity

Like varicose veins, dark circles under the eyes are usually an inherited trait. If you have dark circles, there is a good chance that others in your family also have them. The skin under the eye is very thin. When blood passes through the large veins close to the surface of the skin it can produce a bluish tint. The more transparent your skin — also an inherited trait — the darker the circles appear.

[edit] Bone structure

If you have deep-set eyes, shadowing contributes to the dark color under the eyes.

[edit] Pigmentation

Genetic hyper-pigmentation is a common form of dark circles. Even in darker skinned people, exposure to sunlight, especially during the summer months, can cause a higher-than-normal level of skin pigmentation (melanin) under the eyes. People get sun tans because exposure to the sun increases the natural pigmentation of the skin and draws that pigmentation to the surface. The same principle applies to the skin under the eyes.

[edit] Allergies, asthma, and eczema

Any condition that causes the eyes to itch can contribute to darker circles due to rubbing or scratching the skin around them. Hay fever sufferers particularly will notice under-eye "smudges" during the height of the allergy season. Some food allergies can also cause the area under the eyes to appear darker.

[edit] Medications

Any medications that cause blood vessels to dilate can cause circles under the eyes to darken. Because the skin under the eyes is very delicate, any increased blood flow shows through the skin.

[edit] Lack of nutrition

The lack of nutrients in the diet, or the lack of a balanced diet, can contribute to the discoloration of the area under the eyes. It is believed that lack of mineral iron can cause dark circles as well. Iron deficiency is the most common type of anemia and this condition is a sign that not enough oxygen is getting to the body tissues.

[edit] Fatigue

A lack of sleep or excessive tiredness can cause paleness of the skin, which again allows the blood underneath the skin to become more visible and appear more blue or darker.

[edit] Pregnancy and menstruation

The skin can also become more pale during pregnancy and menstruation (due to lack of iron), which again allow the underlying veins under the eyes to become more visible.

[edit] Age

If you have a propensity to have dark circles under you eyes, as you grow older, they are likely to become more noticeable and permanent. Excess folds of skin under the eyes will also make dark circles more pronounced.

[edit] Blood Circulation

Another cause may be bad blood circulation. Cardio exercise increases blood circulation and may help the dark circles to disappear.

[edit] Kidney or Liver problems

The area directly located under the eyes are closely related to kidneys and liver, so the appearance of dark circles may indicate problems or weakness in the kidney or liver activity.

[edit] Dehydration

Dark eye circles could be a sign of excessive loss of water from the body

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
I started to notice mine after i was on accutane.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, lots of reasons for them. I can relate to a few of them, gonna have to switch things up so I can see if it works.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
When I sleep 9+, I feel really tired the next day.