CT angiography - AnabolicMinds.com

CT angiography

1. New Member

CT angiography

Has anyone here ever had a CT angiography performed ? It seems this moethod is much less invasive than is a more regular angiogram. I'm looking for anyone who's had this diagnostic method performed.

Thanks

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Douglas
    Has anyone here ever had a CT angiography performed ? It seems this moethod is much less invasive than is a more regular angiogram. I'm looking for anyone who's had this diagnostic method performed.

Thanks

Considerably less invasive - no catheter threaded in to the blood vessel, probably less radiation exposure.

I haven't had the procedure done, but have had a few CT scans. You have an IV line, they inject contrast medium into the line and do the scan - it's simple.

As the contrast spreads, it tingles, and you get a sensation of heat - I didn't find it unpleasant, but some people do.

The contrast medium can cause a strange taste in your mouth.

If you are allergic to iodine or to shellfish, they either have to use another imaging technique that doesn't involve contrast medium, or they have to give you a prednisone blast to suppress your allergic response.
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2
    Considerably less invasive - no catheter threaded in to the blood vessel, probably less radiation exposure.

I haven't had the procedure done, but have had a few CT scans. You have an IV line, they inject contrast medium into the line and do the scan - it's simple.

As the contrast spreads, it tingles, and you get a sensation of heat - I didn't find it unpleasant, but some people do.

The contrast medium can cause a strange taste in your mouth.

If you are allergic to iodine or to shellfish, they either have to use another imaging technique that doesn't involve contrast medium, or they have to give you a prednisone blast to suppress your allergic response.

Thank you cpeil2, that's good info on the CT procedure.

Come to think of it, did you have it done in a private clinic ? If so how much for a single scan ?
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Douglas
    Thank you cpeil2, that's good info on the CT procedure.

Come to think of it, did you have it done in a private clinic ? If so how much for a single scan ?
    No clue. At Kaiser, we pay our monthly premium and everything is included, except for the co-pay.
  5. New Member

Ok, I see.

Similar Forum Threads

1. CT Scan while on cycle
    By Ninjo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 10:02 PM
  2. Scivation Sesamin now Available in 180 ct!!!
    By Beast in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2006, 04:13 AM