CT angiography

  1. CT angiography


    Has anyone here ever had a CT angiography performed ? It seems this moethod is much less invasive than is a more regular angiogram. I'm looking for anyone who's had this diagnostic method performed.

    Thanks


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Chip Douglas
    Has anyone here ever had a CT angiography performed ? It seems this moethod is much less invasive than is a more regular angiogram. I'm looking for anyone who's had this diagnostic method performed.

    Thanks

    Considerably less invasive - no catheter threaded in to the blood vessel, probably less radiation exposure.

    I haven't had the procedure done, but have had a few CT scans. You have an IV line, they inject contrast medium into the line and do the scan - it's simple.

    As the contrast spreads, it tingles, and you get a sensation of heat - I didn't find it unpleasant, but some people do.

    The contrast medium can cause a strange taste in your mouth.

    If you are allergic to iodine or to shellfish, they either have to use another imaging technique that doesn't involve contrast medium, or they have to give you a prednisone blast to suppress your allergic response.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2
    Considerably less invasive - no catheter threaded in to the blood vessel, probably less radiation exposure.

    I haven't had the procedure done, but have had a few CT scans. You have an IV line, they inject contrast medium into the line and do the scan - it's simple.

    As the contrast spreads, it tingles, and you get a sensation of heat - I didn't find it unpleasant, but some people do.

    The contrast medium can cause a strange taste in your mouth.

    If you are allergic to iodine or to shellfish, they either have to use another imaging technique that doesn't involve contrast medium, or they have to give you a prednisone blast to suppress your allergic response.

    Thank you cpeil2, that's good info on the CT procedure.

    Come to think of it, did you have it done in a private clinic ? If so how much for a single scan ?
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Chip Douglas
    Thank you cpeil2, that's good info on the CT procedure.

    Come to think of it, did you have it done in a private clinic ? If so how much for a single scan ?
    No clue. At Kaiser, we pay our monthly premium and everything is included, except for the co-pay.

  5. Ok, I see.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Ready4War new 5 capsule 100 ct bottle
    By Chuck Diesel in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 10:11 AM
  2. CT Scan while on cycle
    By Ninjo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 11:02 PM
  3. Scivation Sesamin now Available in 180 ct!!!
    By Beast in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2006, 05:13 AM
Log in
Log in