Injection rotation and needle length

  1. Injection rotation and needle length


    How many different spots do you guys inject when doing TRT?
    I have been injecting 4 spots a month. left and right quad, left and right glute.. so far I havent had any scar tissue.

    Also.. Does everyone use an 1 1/2 needle when injecting into the glute? For some reason not one of the 6 pharmacies in my town carry 1 1/2 needles.
    I have been using inch long but I have a chub butt..Worried that it might not be getting deep enough.

    thanks!


  2. As I only do one injection a week, I alternate between my glutes and I have had no problem with scar tissue, although I did bruise myself pretty bad the first time.

    I always use an 1" needle to draw and an 1 1/2" needle that is provided with my TRT to inject. You can easily purchase them on-line.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by lat-eralus
    As I only do one injection a week, I alternate between my glutes and I have had no problem with scar tissue, although I did bruise myself pretty bad the first time.

    I always use an 1" needle to draw and an 1 1/2" needle that is provided with my TRT to inject. You can easily purchase them on-line.
    Thankyou
    Reps for yoU!
    •   
       


  4. I inject daily and always in my thighs. I alternate left and right and try to move around. I guess there has to be scar tissue as a result, but I can't tell. I use a 27gx1/2" needle and am not concerned about the short length. Some are injecting test and HCG subQ, so I think it is OK that I am only making it maybe 1/4" into the muscle. To use a larger or longer needle is just more pain and tissue trauma IMO.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by kincaiddave
    I inject daily and always in my thighs. I alternate left and right and try to move around. I guess there has to be scar tissue as a result, but I can't tell. I use a 27gx1/2" needle and am not concerned about the short length. Some are injecting test and HCG subQ, so I think it is OK that I am only making it maybe 1/4" into the muscle. To use a larger or longer needle is just more pain and tissue trauma IMO.
    1/2"? I am by no menas an expert, but that seems a little small even for a thigh shot. I was told by my doctor to always use a 1" to 1.5" for injections. He warned me that 1/2" is usually not sufficient for intramuscular injections. There is a good chance that some of the serum will remain in the subcutaneous area which can cause swelling and impaired absorption. Just what I was told.

  6. I use 1 inch for glutes and thighs. But I have a small butt, with very little fat (so says the wife). So I feel a 1 inch is long enough to get deeply into both muscles.

  7. So the general consenus is 1- 1 1/2 inch for glutes depending on how lean you are.
    Gotcha! looks like I will be ordering some 1 1/2.. Its funny. Not a single pharmacy within a 40 mile radius carries 1 1/2 22-23 guage needles!
    Thanks!

  8. I use 1 1/2 22 ga needle one a week in the butt. Ripw4.. are you just checking the chain pharmacy (like Walgreens) or also the independent pharmacies? Independent pharmacy is where I found the 1 1/2 size, didn't have any luck the the chain stores

  9. Man o Man, I am a wuss! I draw the test with a 22 and inject with a 25. I don't like those big ol' needles. The 25 takes a bit longer, but it is painless if you are in the "meat" of the muscle.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    Good advice.

    BTW, what he was referring to was inducing a subQ oil-based injection. Some are going to this these days. I am not.
    Interesting. I was unaware some docs were using this method. Thanks for the info

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Ripw4
    So the general consenus is 1- 1 1/2 inch for glutes depending on how lean you are.
    Gotcha! looks like I will be ordering some 1 1/2.. Its funny. Not a single pharmacy within a 40 mile radius carries 1 1/2 22-23 guage needles!
    Thanks!
    A few of my friends have ordered from here and rave about the customer service and delivery.

    http://www.gpzservices.com/index.htm

  12. Quote Originally Posted by lat-eralus
    A few of my friends have ordered from here and rave about the customer service and delivery.

    http://www.gpzservices.com/index.htm
    thanks for the link..Just ordered the inch and a halfs!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Injecting and needles
    By adrian55 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 11:00 AM
  2. Conversion Kit and Needle question
    By Tbrunson in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 09:46 AM
  3. OHT Injectable times and dosages.
    By Grant in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 02:12 AM
  4. Methyl-1-test and cycle lengths
    By Bryan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 11:09 AM
  5. 4-ad injection with and without ester
    By Bean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-30-2003, 10:26 PM
Log in
Log in