Injection rotation and needle length

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
How many different spots do you guys inject when doing TRT?
I have been injecting 4 spots a month. left and right quad, left and right glute.. so far I havent had any scar tissue.

Also.. Does everyone use an 1 1/2 needle when injecting into the glute? For some reason not one of the 6 pharmacies in my town carry 1 1/2 needles.
I have been using inch long but I have a chub butt..Worried that it might not be getting deep enough.

thanks!

lat-eralus

Awards
As I only do one injection a week, I alternate between my glutes and I have had no problem with scar tissue, although I did bruise myself pretty bad the first time. :)

I always use an 1" needle to draw and an 1 1/2" needle that is provided with my TRT to inject. You can easily purchase them on-line.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
As I only do one injection a week, I alternate between my glutes and I have had no problem with scar tissue, although I did bruise myself pretty bad the first time. :)

I always use an 1" needle to draw and an 1 1/2" needle that is provided with my TRT to inject. You can easily purchase them on-line.
Thankyou
Reps for yoU!

kincaiddave

Awards
I inject daily and always in my thighs. I alternate left and right and try to move around. I guess there has to be scar tissue as a result, but I can't tell. I use a 27gx1/2" needle and am not concerned about the short length. Some are injecting test and HCG subQ, so I think it is OK that I am only making it maybe 1/4" into the muscle. To use a larger or longer needle is just more pain and tissue trauma IMO.

lat-eralus

Awards
I inject daily and always in my thighs. I alternate left and right and try to move around. I guess there has to be scar tissue as a result, but I can't tell. I use a 27gx1/2" needle and am not concerned about the short length. Some are injecting test and HCG subQ, so I think it is OK that I am only making it maybe 1/4" into the muscle. To use a larger or longer needle is just more pain and tissue trauma IMO.
1/2"? I am by no menas an expert, but that seems a little small even for a thigh shot. I was told by my doctor to always use a 1" to 1.5" for injections. He warned me that 1/2" is usually not sufficient for intramuscular injections. There is a good chance that some of the serum will remain in the subcutaneous area which can cause swelling and impaired absorption. Just what I was told. :)

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
I use 1 inch for glutes and thighs. But I have a small butt, with very little fat (so says the wife). So I feel a 1 inch is long enough to get deeply into both muscles.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
So the general consenus is 1- 1 1/2 inch for glutes depending on how lean you are.
Gotcha! looks like I will be ordering some 1 1/2.. Its funny. Not a single pharmacy within a 40 mile radius carries 1 1/2 22-23 guage needles!
Thanks!

Dave B

Awards
I use 1 1/2 22 ga needle one a week in the butt. Ripw4.. are you just checking the chain pharmacy (like Walgreens) or also the independent pharmacies? Independent pharmacy is where I found the 1 1/2 size, didn't have any luck the the chain stores

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Man o Man, I am a wuss! :) I draw the test with a 22 and inject with a 25. I don't like those big ol' needles. The 25 takes a bit longer, but it is painless if you are in the "meat" of the muscle.

lat-eralus

Awards
Good advice.

BTW, what he was referring to was inducing a subQ oil-based injection. Some are going to this these days. I am not.
Interesting. I was unaware some docs were using this method. Thanks for the info

lat-eralus

Awards
So the general consenus is 1- 1 1/2 inch for glutes depending on how lean you are.
Gotcha! looks like I will be ordering some 1 1/2.. Its funny. Not a single pharmacy within a 40 mile radius carries 1 1/2 22-23 guage needles!
Thanks!
A few of my friends have ordered from here and rave about the customer service and delivery.

http://www.gpzservices.com/index.htm