Red flags too look for when one's E2 is too high or too low?

Kid

Awards
What are some of the signs when E2 is too high or too low while on trt?

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
too high:
-gyno
-soft
-weakness
-irritablilty
-libido problems

Dave B

Awards
For me...it seems like when my E2 starts going up my anxiety level goes up too.

Kid

Awards
It seems interesting to me how usually the day before I take my AI dose (Arimidex .25 mg 2 x weekly) I start feeling irritable and hypersensitive (more concerned what others think of me, more self conscious/self aware) then I take the AI in the morning and by that afternoon I feel like me again, relaxed, laid back, but still energetic and motivated. Less edgy. I'm currently on

1)-100 mg T-Cyp Inj. per week
2)-250 IU HCG days 5 & 6
3)-supplements (Nettles, Chrysin, Saw Palmetto, and DIM Complex w/Crucifferous Vegetables, multi vitamin, fish oil
4)-DHEA 25mg sublingualy (morning)
5)-Pregnenolone 10 mg / HGH 3 IU (night)
6)-Arimidex .25 mg x 2 weekly
7)-Melatonin .50 mg per night
8)-Natural Thyroid-1.5 grains (90 mg) morning)

If any of you guys see anything that may be off in terms of supps then let me know....also I hate to say it but it's been a while since I had morning wood :( waiting for my new blood test results to give some guidance but it sounds as though I have some symptoms from too high and too low.....damn

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Except for gyno, yes, the two lists correlate.

Weird, huh?

Just goes to show everything that is in us is there for a reason.

AND that nothing is either all god or all bad.
ACtually low estrogen can increase progesterone and if you are prone to gyno frome progesterone build up then your nippys may hurt :) Is this a valid reasoning

Another 2 weeks then insurance will kick in untill then I just have to wait. after Stopping armidex it was one way trip down hill thats for sure, but soon I will know what is what, Cause of liver problems is estrogen causing lipid perioxidation clogging up the liver, but also estrogen is an antioxidents that protects you from fatty liver same as testerosterone is. Sucks is i have signs of both high and low levels. Estrogen will also play havooc with your brain as lower levels decerases serotonin and high levels decrease gaba levels and could possible increase serotoin or decrease it as well. Body is one big system of negative feed back loops thats for sure

christopher

Awards
  • Established
should arimidex be used at ALL supplemental doses of testosterone and progesterone...?

christopher

Awards
  • Established
what test dose do you take daily kid...?

inject or cream...?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
should arimidex be used at ALL supplemental doses of testosterone and progesterone...?
Clinical testing under a trained and a well respected, compassionate Dr like Dr John would be your best place to start. Do not try to self diagnose one self because hormones are a tricky thing if you do not understand the biological pathways and neagative feed back mechanisms involved. Every thing must be imbalance

christopher

Awards
  • Established
Clinical testing under a trained and a well respected, compassionate Dr like Dr John would be your best place to start. Do not try to self diagnose one self because hormones are a tricky thing if you do not understand the biological pathways and neagative feed back mechanisms involved. Every thing must be imbalance

Thats good advice...Thankx

Balance is key....as is understanding....Blind faith went out the window for me years ago....

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
It seems interesting to me how usually the day before I take my AI dose (Arimidex .25 mg 2 x weekly) I start feeling irritable and hypersensitive (more concerned what others think of me, more self conscious/self aware) then I take the AI in the morning and by that afternoon I feel like me again, relaxed, laid back, but still energetic and motivated. Less edgy. I'm currently on

1)-100 mg T-Cyp Inj. per week
2)-250 IU HCG days 5 & 6
3)-supplements (Nettles, Chrysin, Saw Palmetto, and DIM Complex w/Crucifferous Vegetables, multi vitamin, fish oil
4)-DHEA 25mg sublingualy (morning)
5)-Pregnenolone 10 mg / HGH 3 IU (night)
6)-Arimidex .25 mg x 2 weekly
7)-Melatonin .50 mg per night
8)-Natural Thyroid-1.5 grains (90 mg) morning)

If any of you guys see anything that may be off in terms of supps then let me know....also I hate to say it but it's been a while since I had morning wood :( waiting for my new blood test results to give some guidance but it sounds as though I have some symptoms from too high and too low.....damn
I will bite, but first post (with ranges)
TotalT
Albumin
SHBG
E2
DHT
FreeT3
DHEA
Pregnenolone

from the same blood draw taken about month after you made any changes to your system.
If you do not have it, preffered is this one from Quest Diagnostics
Testosterone, LC/MS/MS
Free, Bioavailable, and Total Testosterone

CPT Codes*: 84403, 84270, 82040
---
In that case list also
FreeT
BAT
----
remember the rest of the list

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
What are some of the signs when E2 is too high or too low while on trt?
From my experience on 100mg/wk of text cyp + 250iu HCG SQ EOD: You can have nocturnal wood, low libido, strong androgenic and anabolic results, low energy and no morning wood. Withing two weeks of starting 1mg/wk of arimidex/anastrozole I was getting morning wood and libido improved a lot. So for me, the morning wood seems to be a good indicator of E2 status. Since then, I am feeling better all the time. So there were immediate changes, plus some other slow and steady improvements.

When many start on TRT, at least with injections where delivery is assured, after a few weeks there can be a few weeks of intense sex drive that will tend to go away after 2 months. The down time at the end of weekly injections gets longer and longer. For me the down time became 7 days and I did not feel a lift from the injections any more. I credit E for that mess. My TT was close to 900.

The higher T levels increase T-->E production, higher E increases SHBG. SHBG reduces free T (FT). The lower TF then has E competing for T receptors.

Those are some of the things that too much E can do. Having high TT levels and nocturnal wood can still leave you with no morning wood and low libido.

I take liquid anastrozole, 1mg/ml, 30 drops/ml, 8 drops EOD and for an EOD that lands on a weekend, take 10. That makes 1mg/wk.