Anyone else that got low test level after an illness?

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
I'm on the bottom third of my range. Symptoms of low test started immediately after having strep throat for about 2 weeks (high cortisol too). Anybody else experince this?

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I'm on the bottom third of my range. Symptoms of low test started immediately after having strep throat for about 2 weeks (high cortisol too). Anybody else experince this?
Sure you body is fighting the strep throat this can bring down T levels and your cortisol is up fighting thestress of the infection.
Phil

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
Sure you body is fighting the strep throat this can bring down T levels and your cortisol is up fighting thestress of the infection.
Phil
Yah, bur 2 years later and Im no better

gettingold

Awards
My symptoms started about 3 years ago when I got real sick w/ flu - pneumonia - double infection in my lungs. Put me out for about 7 weeks. Lost 26 pounds. Maybe good for some, but since I started at 170....Not a good thing. Anyway, it took me a couple of years to finally do something. Don't wait.

MacDonnell

Awards
The docs think I got my hypogonadism after a bout of chickenpox at age 35.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Yep i got an intestinal infection from sushi and was never treated properly lead into elevated cortisol, dropped testosterone like a rock as well as t4 to t3 conversion, caused liver to get sluggish and basically caused whole body to shut down. Now I am trying to rebalance after 3 years of idiot drs.

ECTOmorph

ECTOmorph

Awards
  • Established
Week of springbreak (drinking everyday) followed by 2 weeks of strep throat did me in.