High E2 while on Arimidex...now what?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I just got the following test results:

DHEA-S 1.1 Range 0.5-2.3
Free Testosterone 2.3 Range 1.5-5.5
Estradiol 2.0 Range 0.5-2.0

So it looks like I need to supplement with testosterone, which I am not currently doing.

The strange things seems to be that I am taking DHEA, 50 mg in the morning and that is still low.

Stranger than that is the fact that I am taking Arimidex, 1mg twice per week and E2 is still very high. Does Arimidex not work for everyone? I have always felt my E2 was high, this confirms it.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I just got the following test results:

DHEA-S 1.1 Range 0.5-2.3
Free Testosterone 2.3 Range 1.5-5.5
Estradiol 2.0 Range 0.5-2.0

So it looks like I need to supplement with testosterone, which I am not currently doing.

The strange things seems to be that I am taking DHEA, 50 mg in the morning and that is still low.

Stranger than that is the fact that I am taking Arimidex, 1mg twice per week and E2 is still very high. Does Arimidex not work for everyone? I have always felt my E2 was high, this confirms it.
How ere these test results required salvia or blood ?
Dhea may not be reputable brand that could explain that easily

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I thought beyond a century was pretty good quality.

Regardless...I am more concerned with finding out why I have high E2 while on Arimidex......and how to fix it.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
May be loose the fat if you have any and that will reduce the aromtase which occompanies the extrea body fat.May need to increaese dosage every one is diffferent or your liver could be bogged down and not detoxifying it properly. Add some 500 mgs TMG BID and DIM 150 mgs QD do this for 2 weeks get retested. How about your thyroid if you have low thyroid this could impair estrogen detoxification as well. If drs learned to balance liver pathways this could prevent many diseases from happening. Ask dr to get homcysteine test done from here we can tell if you are underethylated or not. Have you had blood sugars check (not serum) hga1c (extended glucose). Some time people have hidden blood sugar problems which regular blood tests miss (sigh). Some thing is causing your DHEA to shunt from testsoterone to estrogen. Add some ZMA before bed this should help to cover zinc deficeincy commonly associtated with aging. What about total testosterone?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I am taking all of those except QD. By the way...what does the abreviation BID mean...I cant find it.

Also, would it help to take the Arimidex sublingually?

And yes my thyroid is off as well...but I recently started taking Armour.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I am taking all of those except QD. By the way...what does the abreviation BID mean...I cant find it.

Well that could answer your question right there. Get up thyroid optimal. Check also adrenals since adrenal and estrogen domiiance hand and hand as well as inuslin resisitance

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established

spinn so you have low libdo problems with ED if so go to .5mgs or one half a pill of arimidex everyday I had to do this the first time I took it to get my E2 down then it was .25 mgs every 5 days to keep it down.
Phil

spinn

Awards
  • Established
No low libido problems or ED...and morning wood.

I am currently taking 1 mg on Monday and 1 mg on Thursday...maybe I am not taking enough?

My DR actually wanted to cut me down to 1/2 mg twice per week.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
How long after you took the DHEA did you have your level tested?
DHEA must be taken twice per day.

Using an AI as "TRT" is a mistake, IMPO.

I'd start the TRT, then see where E goes. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Dr John....I took a urine sample first thing in the morning before taking any DHEA.

Normally, I take 50 mg DHEA in powdered form first thing in the morning.

I am looking forward to starting testosterone creme.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Dr john what would the phyioslogical representation of a person with normal testosterone levels (free and total) and low estrodial. I found a reference to a person with aromatoze deficency syndrome and they had big pot belly and atrophied arms. Could this be for fat that low estrogen actuall causes alteration in fat metabolism in the liver resulting in protruding belly similar to that of an alcoholic. Really my question is that if you have optimal testosterone levels and extremely low estrogen levels you could not be in anabolic phase but rather be catabolic if that makes sense.

Estrogen deficeincy may also explain why my copper serums are low too because serumestrogen and serum copper rise proportionally. So would 24 hour urine estrogen test would be a better indicator of to measure the fluctuation in this

Thanks

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
A 24 hour urine test, such as the ones I run from Rhein Consulting Laboratories, is THE way to go.

I elevate E in those rare patients who need it through DHEA supplementation.

Low estrogen has been associated with fatty liver changes.
Thank you i will forward this infomration to m dr. I hope this test is covered by insurance. So you brought up a good point about fatty liver. So All these "bodybuilders" taking this extra estrogen blockers while using sports enhancing drugs with out proper supervsion (which I know you would never condone) could actually be setting for undermethylation and not even knowing it :) So it would make sense that theory could hold true that many body builders are undermethlyated and have no clue untill its too late. Too much estrogen and not enough estrogen can shut down the methione synthase pathways which both could end up causing alteration in fats building up in the liver causing diabtes, depression, and even cancer. This event is very similar in autism as well. So one could even say that bodybuilders or alteration in estrogen can need to similar neurological dysfunction as in austic type conditions

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Then how on earth could the DHEA level on your labs tell you anything about how your DHEA therapy is doing? How can you check the serum levels of a supplement if you don't take the supplement.

I wish I knew that up front here.

The same goes for testosterone, BTW.
Yep my dr NEVER tested after taking the gell while I was on testosterone replacement therapy and might be why estrogen issue may have never been addressed or even caught sigh, but soon we will find out and do things right way this time.

Fatty liver would shut down protein synthesis and t-4 to t-3 conversion? HMM may be this could answer how adrenal fatigue and estrogen dominace, fatty liver could be linked

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I take DHEA every morning.

On the day of the test I didnt take it until after the sample was given.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I take DHEA every morning.

On the day of the test I didnt take it until after the sample was given.
Needs to be taken before the reading..We learn the hard way this is probably why my problem may have never been caught..