The upper third of the range???? - AnabolicMinds.com

The upper third of the range????

1. Advanced Member

The upper third of the range????

I do not want to take hormones. I may have to but I would prefer not to. My body, for whatever reason, does not produce enough thyroid or testosterone.

My question is......why do Doctors seem so reluctant to allow these hormones to push our blood levels into the upper third of the range? Is there any danger to having a testosterone count of say 700 when the range is 250-900?

I can understand why they would be concerned with all of the abuse out there, but why do they back off after the first signs of progress.

I am not trying to start a flame war here.....I just want to know why, if I carefully monitor my blood levels there would be any reluctance at all to keep them there a while.

I believe my body will recover and I do plan to lower the doses over time. But..........for now I feel my body needs a year or so to heal from whatever caused these hormones to drop off.

I havent seen anything that says being in the upper third of a range is dangerous in the slightest....am I missing anything?

This reluctance is frustrating me. I dont want to just feel a little better. I want my body to be allowed to heal itself.

2. New Member

most docs dont understand the range aspect
  3. Senior Member

Yes if you go on TRT a good rule is to try to get up into the upper 1/3 of your labs range to start then go by how your feel after you stable up or down. But in your case you need to get your thyroid fixed first did you have your cortisol levels checked if low you will not be able to take much Armour.
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by spinn
    I do not want to take hormones. I may have to but I would prefer not to. My body, for whatever reason, does not produce enough thyroid or testosterone.

My question is......why do Doctors seem so reluctant to allow these hormones to push our blood levels into the upper third of the range? Is there any danger to having a testosterone count of say 700 when the range is 250-900?

I can understand why they would be concerned with all of the abuse out there, but why do they back off after the first signs of progress.

I am not trying to start a flame war here.....I just want to know why, if I carefully monitor my blood levels there would be any reluctance at all to keep them there a while.

I believe my body will recover and I do plan to lower the doses over time. But..........for now I feel my body needs a year or so to heal from whatever caused these hormones to drop off.

I havent seen anything that says being in the upper third of a range is dangerous in the slightest....am I missing anything?

This reluctance is frustrating me. I dont want to just feel a little better. I want my body to be allowed to heal itself.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Harness the nutritional power of the pumpkin
    By tattoopierced1 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 01:21 PM
  2. Meet you on the dark side of the moon
    By David Dunn in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 05:18 AM
  3. length of the cycle/size of the dose
    By BeatNec in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 04:16 AM
  4. the new banner of the forum is error!!
    By sicosico in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 07:31 PM
  5. lord of the rings - return of the king
    By WiNgS in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 04:58 PM