Use of Nebido for TRT

IronGrip

Awards
Is Nebido suitable for TRT? Schering claims it will keep test levels in the normal range with only 4 injections per year. Apparently it's a long acting ester of testosterone (testosterone undecanoate) in a special formulation. Not sure if it's available in the US. What do you think Doc?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Its rubish, it brings them really high for the 1st month, then low for the following months, no one whos tried it has anything good to say about it.

But it would be interesting to see how 200mg every 2 weeks would go, I guess it would be simular to pellets, with pellets coming out on top.

Dr. John, why is a short acting ester more apropriate for more frequent injections then a long acting ester? Wouldn't it all balance out eventually or even to the longer acting esters favour?

EG: 45mg Test Prop. every 3 days or 45mg Test Undec. every 3 days?

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Undecanoate has a half-life of about 2 weeks so i can't see how four injections per year could possibly provide stable blood levels for months at a time... i imagine that injecting it every two weeks could possibly work ok.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
Undecanoate has a half-life of about 2 weeks so i can't see how four injections per year could possibly provide stable blood levels for months at a time... i imagine that injecting it every two weeks could possibly work ok.
Perhaps in some oils but Nebido has been used in hypogonadal men and has been confirmed to have a half life of 21 days. Using something like castor oil could increase it to 16 days.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Even with a 21 day half-life... i still find it unlikely to provide stable bloodlevels for months at a time. There's no way in hell that doing 4 injections per year would work for most hypogonadal men.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I've been using it for over a year now. Nothing good to say about it. But my doc insist staying on it. I take a shot every 4 weeks ! So that's it for 4 shots per year. My levels before the last shot where T=23 (10-38) Free T=506 (150-500) E2=0.15 (0-0.16). And he won't give Adex or anything else to lower the E2. I think I'll try Zinc and see what it does.
So stay away from Nebido if you can.

samppa
Are you in the UK get this Indolplex/DIM you will feel much better getting your E2 down this link sends to the UK.
PhytoPharmica Indolplex with DIM
Take one table at dinner time no more if you do you will go down so fast you will miss feeling better. I have guys tell me they are getting good morning wood on this in just 3 to 4 days I tell them there E2 is good when wood starts but if it stops your going to low so stop until wood comes back then go back on it but cut the tablet in half.
Also take some TMG with this at bed time helps wash out the E's that get converted.
49% OffTMG Trimethylglycine 750mg 120 caps,Source Naturals - 49% Off Source Naturals T
Phil

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Customs didnt have a problem with my DIM and Australia is a police state.

Its just stuff like DHEA and Pregnenelone you need to check the laws on.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Not sure but it was bad enough without having the new anti terrorism laws, they have ridiculous power to search now.

They can search your house without a warrant if they have reasonable suspicion ie: anonymous tip off. Strict traffic laws, you can get your liscense suspended easily although there are alot of accidents here so I dont mind that law. In the next few months provisional drivers wont be allowed to carry passengers at night, only 1 passenger during the day(something like that), and even 10km over the speed limit will result in a 3 month liscense suspension.
Crooked police force and government always in the news, cops for sexual misconduct against female cops, government for bribery etc.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Are you in the UK get this Indolplex/DIM you will feel much better getting your E2 down this link sends to the UK.
Take one table at dinner time no more if you do you will go down so fast you will miss feeling better. I have guys tell me they are getting good morning wood on this in just 3 to 4 days I tell them there E2 is good when wood starts but if it stops your going to low so stop until wood comes back then go back on it but cut the tablet in half.
Also take some TMG with this at bed time helps wash out the E's that get converted.
49% OffTMG Trimethylglycine 750mg 120 caps,Source Naturals - 49% Off Source Naturals T
Phil
Other than
there is another product made by the same PhytoPharmica

PhytoPharmica PMS Formula with Indolplex
Relieves PMS symptoms - 120 Tablets
PhytoPharmica PMS Formula with Indolplex
It costs $10 less and it have other ingredients.
To get the same amounts of DIM one would have to take two tablets.
Comments??

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Wouldnt nebido 200mg every 14 days work as good as cyp or enanthate every 7 days?

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
ItsHectic, I think Dr John meant that most of our ancestors are bred from convicts.....lol.

Its no wonder our coppers are corrupt.

MarkLA

Awards
Indevus has filed for FDA approval for Nebido

Bringing back an old thread..

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070828/netu042.html?.v=17

Indevus has filed for FDA approval for Nebido in the US. I know that others in this old thread were not supportive of using it every 3 months. I'd still be interested in looking at prescribing information/study results.

They said 94% had normal T during the study at 1000mg. Perhaps this just means you start at T=1100 and by month three you are at T=300. Technically, you've had T in the normal range for 3 months.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
A local urologist was trying to get me into a study for this.

I declined until more is known. They claimed injections every 10 weeks or so would work, adding that existing subjects were very happy. I wonder......

MarkLA

Awards
I found a PDF which supports my suspicions..

"Based on the pharmacokinetic data, the most rational
and simple dosing scheme is a six-week interval
between the first and second injection followed by
injections every 12 weeks. It is important to inject
slowly and deeply into the gluteus maximus. After 12
weeks, the dosing interval can be adapted, based on
clinical symptoms, and the trough testosterone level
determined prior to the following injection. The
trough level should be at the lower limit of the
normal range.
"

So start high, end low, get new shot, repeat. Just like the 2 week shot dosing regimen.

Attachments

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Bringing back an old thread..

Indevus Announces Submission of New Drug Application: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

Indevus has filed for FDA approval for Nebido in the US. I know that others in this old thread were not supportive of using it every 3 months. I'd still be interested in looking at prescribing information/study results.

They said 94% had normal T during the study at 1000mg. Perhaps this just means you start at T=1100 and by month three you are at T=300. Technically, you've had T in the normal range for 3 months.
I found a PDF which supports my suspicions..

"Based on the pharmacokinetic data, the most rational
and simple dosing scheme is a six-week interval
between the first and second injection followed by
injections every 12 weeks. It is important to inject
slowly and deeply into the gluteus maximus. After 12
weeks, the dosing interval can be adapted, based on
clinical symptoms, and the trough testosterone level
determined prior to the following injection. The
trough level should be at the lower limit of the
normal range.
"

So start high, end low, get new shot, repeat. Just like the 2 week shot dosing regimen.
Working from memory..........
Vforcer2 was reporting good results on pellets, but his levels vere 1100-->800
The Nebido's 1100--->300 looks drastic and probably not acceptable.

Assuming that (1100-800) is the desirable oucome
one would have to change frequency and dose, but it seems workable provided price is right.
-----------------------------------------
Wonder what this constant ups and downs would do to other hormones,
SHBG, E2
-----------------------------------------

I am on E3D schedule of 140mg/week depoT.
In a few days I will know my low number, (bood drawn on day of the shot, before shot).
is there any literature that would help me guestimate the high number.

Or at least information on when to draw a blood to get the MAX and MIN on my E3D schedule.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Which has been shown to not work :yawn:

Nebido is a no go. Run run run.

What saddens me is that it will get approval and alot of unknowing people will be put on it.