I'm sick of the anti-deppressant rollercoaster

1. Kid
    Answers

I'm sick of the anti-deppressant rollercoaster

I'm done with the anti depressant rollercoaster ride.....have been on effexor and depakote in addition to test (hrt)/hcg (swale's protocol) and arimidex .50 mg x twice weekly along with hgh 1.35 mg daily......any ways i'm quitting the anti depressant's they suck

2. Registered User
    Answers

If you start feeling depressed try fish oil, if it wasnt for fish oil I would be on ADs right now.

3. Registered User
    Answers

Samme 200 mgs and up 200 mgs every 3-4 days till 400 -600 mgs BID. Its expensive but you could do 400 mgs samme BID with 1000 mgs of TMG along with 2,5000mcgs of methylcobalin and 4000 mcgs folinc acid, 50-100 mgs P5P. Majority of biochemical depression can simply be remedy by balancing the methylation/homocystein pathway of liver. Majority of peoplee depressed have alteration in these pathways and over time by balancing them out depression can be more controllable. There is also what is known as refractory depression where increases of folininc acid has resolved these issues. You also have to examine your thyroid, adrenal, testosterone levels they all play a major part. T-3 is very important in serotonin production. Every thing has a fine balance. Other factors could be mineral imbalances. You may want to try ZMA for a month or 2 I have known it to work quite well in athletes. Also look at where do you work are you exposing your self to possible toxins that could be causing alteration in biochemistry of the brain. May want to look into a good probiotic. Majority of transmitters are not made in the brain but liver kidneys and especially the gut. Hidden food allergies could be a factor, but majority of drs are lazy and just label it "depression" when that is only a symptom of the cause. Yes you do have to treat the mental and emotional side, but I am coming to understand that majority of depression is caused by biochemical changes in the brain from facotrs states above vs some one feeling depressed. I been down that road before "its all in my head", but with testosterone of 40 ng/dl it obviously was not, but rather I was poisoned from contaminated fish and it was too muich for my body and it started chain reaction,

•   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

No kidding, those are powerful drugs and can have very severe and even life threatening side effects if you just 'cold turkey'. I understand being tired of the rollercoaster effects but make sure you're taking them properly first and foremost before thinking it's just the drugs themselves. Plus you can talk with your doc if you are having unpleasant sides for possible alternate medications.

5. Kid
    Answers

I know, I realize that these psych. meds are not good to quit cold turkey.....I have been on effexor 300 mg, depakote 1000 mg , propanolol 120 mg LA, Adderall 60 mg. per day, since I was 18. I'm 26 now and just couldn't handle feeling like a human garbage can anymore. I was on steroids too...had just started taking them Test/ Winstrol/ Anavar it was a fairly low dose but Seriously one day I looked in the mirror and had one of those moments, my mother saw me over thanksgiving and she couldn't even recognize me. My father is a Pathologist (M.D.) and a Lieut. Col. (Army). He saw me one morning without my shirt on. He shut my door to my room came in sat down and he had tears in his eyes. This is a man I've seen cry twice in my life. Once when his father died, and the other when we found out my Mother had terminal stomach cancer. He told me that he didn't know what had happened to me, that a first year med school student could look at me and tell I was on steroids. Of course I denied it, told him to get out. When I got back to the city I trashed the steroids (Not trying to say they're evil..I understand they have a place in medicine) they're just not for me. I used to be a steady working model for companies like Abercrombie and Fitch/Polo/Nordstrom...It's no big deal but I had an all-american nice handsome look going for me. Had some really bad experiences, Things got rough, I went to Drug treatment and that's when they started pumping me full of anti-d's and then they said that i was bi polar and then my blood pressure, and then I have ADD, and then all of a sudden my hormones were all messed up (low cortisol, hypo thyroid, low test) (probably from all the anti-d's, stress). So now I'm working with a good doc that my dad set me up with, friend of his from med school. Got off the steroids (cold turkey) Chucked the anti d's(cold turkey-doc didn't know this until two weeks after the fact- i know it's stupid...but he said the physical side effects were gone by now, which they are. I stayed up here by myself over XMAS to try and get a little better. Didn't want my mom or anyone to see me like that. They were sad I didn't come home but I said that it was something that I needed to do. I feel probably about a million times better at this moment. I'm amazed at how quickly I have bounced back. AMAZED. I have drive, motivation, normal erections...lol. This doc is open minded and I gave him the Test/HCG protocol from Dr. J. ((Test Cyp. 100 mg per week/ + HCG (Dr. J's protocol=25O IU day 5 and 6)+Arimidex .25 mg every third day + HGH 1.35 mg per day)....+1.5 grains of all-natural Compound Pharmacy Thyroid +Melatonin/L-Tryptophan (low dose for sleep)....I realize that I am just starting this but I feel better. It was hard, especially over Xmas. However, when I look in the mirror my eyes are blue again and clear...they had turned grey. My voice feels full. My desire to do something with the life I have been given is back. I feel damn good when I see my morning wood (Yes I realize that rhymes...Just call me 8 mile). My apartment is clean again, It had become messy as hell because all I wanted to do is sleep. I've already lost close 10 lbs. over the past month. I'm running again. Took the money from my last paycheck and joined Gold's gym. I'll be alright if I stick with the natural treatments this doc has me on and do exactly what he says from here on out. Just don't want to feel that way ever again. In a month I'm going home again. Thanks for the concern.

6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Sounds like you're moving in the right direction man and that's great to hear. Some of us have been there with you and seeing a person overcome those obsticles is just confirmation we're not alone and can beat those problems that sometimes feel unbeatable.

thanks for sharing. I know those are personal problems.

7. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

You can do it brotha. I went through the same thing with effexor recently. Just listen to your doc, your body and wean yourself off slowly. I'm proud of myself for doing it and I feel a whole lot better. Good Luck!

8. Senior Member
    Answers

When I first got sick they told me I suffer from Major Depression and I was on every kind of AD drug on the market and never felt better. Then when Prozac come out they put me on this it slowed down my voiding and I got a bad bladder infection and went to see a Uro. This Dr. checked me and told me I am not suffering from Depression but I have low testosterone. He put in a Re-Hab Hosp. to get me off all the AD drugs I was on what hell I went though. Went on TRT and was back to work in 30 days after being on sick more then I was at work.
    Phil

9. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ItsHectic
    If you start feeling depressed try fish oil, if it wasnt for fish oil I would be on ADs right now.
    I like fish oil but watch out when you burp!!!

10. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FYI777
    I like fish oil but watch out when you burp!!!
    Then get a brand like this one and you will not burp they are coated.
    Costco Kirkland Signature™ Enteric Coated Fish Oil Concentrate 200 Softgels - $2.00 Off
    Phil

11. New Member
    Answers

pm I got a great deal on some fish oil in a vitamin shoppe that was not in capsules rather in a squezze out container. Want to use that first, but thanks for info! Feel like I'm eating raw fish(don't like sushi,LOL).

12. Registered User
    Answers

If your burping from fish oil it could mean its abit rancid, the way I tell how fresh my fish oil is, is from the firmness of the capsule although I am not sure if thats the correct way to tell, the definit way is to cut it open and smell it. Another reason for burping could be your stomach isnt producing enough enzymes, after a couple of weeks on fish oil your digestive enzymes should start kicking in, if not you can try enteric coated fish oil.

13. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    Samme 200 mgs and up 200 mgs every 3-4 days till 400 -600 mgs BID. Its expensive but you could do 400 mgs samme BID with 1000 mgs of TMG along with 2,5000mcgs of methylcobalin and 4000 mcgs folinc acid, 50-100 mgs P5P. Majority of biochemical depression can simply be remedy by balancing the methylation/homocystein pathway of liver. Majority of peoplee depressed have alteration in these pathways and over time by balancing them out depression can be more controllable. There is also what is known as refractory depression where increases of folininc acid has resolved these issues. You also have to examine your thyroid, adrenal, testosterone levels they all play a major part. T-3 is very important in serotonin production. Every thing has a fine balance. Other factors could be mineral imbalances. You may want to try ZMA for a month or 2 I have known it to work quite well in athletes. Also look at where do you work are you exposing your self to possible toxins that could be causing alteration in biochemistry of the brain. May want to look into a good probiotic. Majority of transmitters are not made in the brain but liver kidneys and especially the gut. Hidden food allergies could be a factor, but majority of drs are lazy and just label it "depression" when that is only a symptom of the cause. Yes you do have to treat the mental and emotional side, but I am coming to understand that majority of depression is caused by biochemical changes in the brain from facotrs states above vs some one feeling depressed. I been down that road before "its all in my head", but with testosterone of 40 ng/dl it obviously was not, but rather I was poisoned from contaminated fish and it was too muich for my body and it started chain reaction,
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

14. New Member
    Answers

Sorry,should of posted "if" instead of just "when" I burp as I recall I burped once or twice out of many times taking the fish oil, not every time I took it.

That SAMe is an excellent supplement for depression but saw this caveat on wikipedia today,

"To avoid a toxic buildup of homocysteine molecules (which are formed when SAMe breaks down) be sure to take a high-quality Vitamin B complex supplement along with SAMe. These vitamins help metabolize homocysteine, which in high concentrations poses the risk for various health problems including heart attack and stroke."

I thought SAMe was a methylator in and of itself thus lowering homocysteine, but I guess not. Anybody know if N-acetyl-cysteine influences homocysteine levels, as I know it increases glutathione levels, but the presence of cysteine in NAC makes one wonder.

Another thing someone can try for depression is simply L-Tyrosine,good stuff especially if you drink coffee as caffiene depletes it.Maybe should monitor BP tho as can raise it tho some say it lowers it.As Dr.John stated start low,go slow.
    N-acetyl-L-Tyrosine is more effective IMHO tho.L-Tyrosine ethyl ester ought to be interesting if only it was available in bulk form(hint,hint) or as a single ingredient supplement form.

15. Registered User
    Answers

Inositol is good to take if you have caffeine, taken with the same amount of choline.

16. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    Only D/C psychotropic medications under your physician's care. Do not just go "cold turkey" on your own.
    Shortly after starting testosterone replacement my mood improved enough to where I decided to stop taking effexor, after 10 years on various anti depressants. OOPS, I quit cold turkey. It was rather unpleasant. I'm glad I quit, but I should have tapered down like the Doc says.

17. Registered User
    Answers

The problem is damage from long term use of ADs, although the body can heal itself it doesnt go completly back to normal.
    I have read of people who were on ADD medication for years and when they came off they had symptoms of adrenal fatigue for years afterwards.
    As for brain damage and ADD meds like dexedrine and adderal, its the same principle as using crystal meth, the dopamine branches die out although when you quit they do grow back out but in diffrent patterns.

There was one AD on the market wich has now been taken off and users have suffered long term most likely permenant neurotoxic effects from it.

18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Answers

fish oil really helps with this?

19. Registered User
    Answers

For some if not most people, definitely. I think it solely depends on the type of depression.

20. New Member
    Answers

I donßt know what the doc´s are doing these times, the SSRI´s are all crap in the long run, then they diagnose some bi-polar to throw the most expensive neuroleptics on the market, and then you´re whole body will be ****ed-up for sure, including, never ending depressions and imho extreme cardio-vascular damage.

Dude, even a heroin therapy would be better and much helathier and convenient, than all this bunch of the "new" invented "medicine" together.

Seems like therapy for psychologically challanged people is to punish them for what they have and make them look bad, as a bad exapmle for then hard working "not"-douchbag.

The medical community denies that people are dependent on drugs, some, because they need a dependence, because they have a condition, that forces them into a dependence (i.E. diabetes -dependent on insuline, chron. pain = depenent on opiates, etc.).

Those new docs are reluctant to patient´s complains and trust their pharmacological supplier more than any other.
    Which is the absolut wrong direction to look at.

I really wonder, why testosterone or even d-bol isn´t approved for treating depression along with hgh. I nver felt that good, lastet for years and effects doesnt´wear off.

21. Registered User
    Answers

Do you mean dependance or addiction? Maybe after very long term use of certain drugs they can cause dependance. But I dont think they are a punishment to most people, I dont think people would take them if they are not helping them. One thing is they seem to prescribe SSRIs for everything when it probly isnt even caused from serotonin but most probly from dopamine or gaba.
    All the drugs with the smallest side effects are the ones wich are most addictive and abusable wich is a pity because it seems the abuse value rather then the long term damage value is what gets taken into account with the control of these drugs. One thing wich does get over prescribed is xanax, you can go into a fatal seizure if you stop it abruptly, my dads been on it for a while and he doesnt even know about this nor will he believe me, and the long term psychological withdrawal is worse then any street drug. I read an article on it, and it sounded terrible, and I have had a mate get admitted to the ER for meningacocal symptoms when it was just his personal symptoms of ecstacy withdrawal, he even has a VIP card for the ER incase it happens again.

Its hard enough getting hormones prescribed to people who need them let alone have them used as ADs, I wouldnt even think it would be considered and probly for good reason, if you already have normal amounts of hormones, excercise and diet will boost them up abit more wich has an anti depressent effect. I get a really nice feeling for about 30 mins after my work outs and it feels great.
    Besides, psychologists and psychiatrists know about as much about the human mind and brain as endocrinologists and urologists know about administering TRT, except the mind is way more complicated then the endocrine system.

22. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Kid
    I know, I realize that these psych. meds are not good to quit cold turkey.....I have been on effexor 300 mg, depakote 1000 mg , propanolol 120 mg LA, Adderall 60 mg. per day, since I was 18.
    Why on earth are you on propranolol?!?!?!!! Do you have blood pressure or heart rhythm problems? Is your doc. using it as an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety)? You DO realize that a pretty high dose of propranolol (like 120mg) can cause ED, right? Did your doc. ever warn you about that?

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Supplement recomendations sick of the contradicting statements!
    By jjagg0125 in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-26-2013, 01:10 PM
  2. Anyone else sick of the supplement game?
    By Liftingstud in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 08:04 AM
  3. The battle of OTC Anti-Estrogens! 6OXO or Formasin??
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 01:41 PM
  4. The Official " Im sick of M1t Threads" Thread
    By Jarconis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 10:59 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 11:46 PM