1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Help: Older dad with non-existant pituitary

My dad is 58yo. He was diagnosed with cancer 10 years ago; I forget the specific kind, but it was between his nose and the roof of his mouth. It was treated with radiation therapy, and obviously it was successful.

However, he's had many health issues since: he can't sleep, he's moody, depressed in cycles, has no energy, and so on. He finally, after 8 years of this, went to a dr, who ran some blood tests, which showed his test to be extremely low, among other things. Basically, his pituitary was destroyed by the radiation therapy. I'm not sure to what extent, but it sounds pretty total.

He's now on TRT, and is seeing a naturopath who says his adrenals were shot. Within weeks of following her treatment suggestions, his energy levels and depression have nearly gone back to normal/acceptable levels.

Keep in mind I'm repeating what he tells me over the phone, and it's just a general idea as to what his issues have been.

My question: he looks old. My 87yo father in law looks and acts younger than my 58yo dad, physically. If his pituitary is gone, I'd assume his GH levels are somewhere in the useless range. I asked him to go to the dr and ask for his GH to be tested, but no luck yet. I thought of putting him on PGHt, but if there's no pituitary, there'd be no GH increase, correct? What could he take to increase GH?

I'm a total noob to this stuff. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd listen with rapt ears.

Thanks!

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

When I first found out my pituitary was bad I went to this site and got a lot of help from others with the same problem.
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...pport/messages
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by poison
    My dad is 58yo. He was diagnosed with cancer 10 years ago; I forget the specific kind, but it was between his nose and the roof of his mouth. It was treated with radiation therapy, and obviously it was successful.

However, he's had many health issues since: he can't sleep, he's moody, depressed in cycles, has no energy, and so on. He finally, after 8 years of this, went to a dr, who ran some blood tests, which showed his test to be extremely low, among other things. Basically, his pituitary was destroyed by the radiation therapy. I'm not sure to what extent, but it sounds pretty total.

He's now on TRT, and is seeing a naturopath who says his adrenals were shot. Within weeks of following her treatment suggestions, his energy levels and depression have nearly gone back to normal/acceptable levels.

Keep in mind I'm repeating what he tells me over the phone, and it's just a general idea as to what his issues have been.

My question: he looks old. My 87yo father in law looks and acts younger than my 58yo dad, physically. If his pituitary is gone, I'd assume his GH levels are somewhere in the useless range. I asked him to go to the dr and ask for his GH to be tested, but no luck yet. I thought of putting him on PGHt, but if there's no pituitary, there'd be no GH increase, correct? What could he take to increase GH?

I'm a total noob to this stuff. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd listen with rapt ears.

Thanks!

Similar Forum Threads

1. need help with non aromatising steriods
    By thiago200812 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 05:56 PM
  2. help with non hormonal stack
    By Dirty music in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-31-2011, 04:43 PM
  3. help me out with extending my cycle?
    By superman15 in forum Anabolics