Morning Wood -- What da Deal-yo?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    BigAk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    291
    Rep Power
    247
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    57.58%

    Morning Wood -- What da Deal-yo?


    So what's the deal with morning wood?? I mean; what does it mean in terms of HPTA recovery and proper function. When I was on HRT a while back I recall that I quit having morning wood at all. I didn't think much of it since I was still able to obtain excellent erection when it was time to do the nice'ty. However, ever since I started recovering my HPTA post abandoning HRT, there was a lot of talk about morning wood from everyone and its value to guage one's proper function and HPTA recovery. Sure enough, my morning wood has eventually returned back to normal like it used to be a long ago before HRT.

    My questions are:
    - Is there a true value to this Morning Wood guage in the context of proper HPTA function?

    - Do older guys in the fourties for instance have as frequent AM Woods as those in their twenties and thirties?

    - What causes AM Wood and if one doesn't have it, does it mean there's something wrong hormonally?

    - ..... that's it for now... I guess...

  2. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by BigAk
    So what's the deal with morning wood?? I mean; what does it mean in terms of HPTA recovery and proper function. When I was on HRT a while back I recall that I quit having morning wood at all. I didn't think much of it since I was still able to obtain excellent erection when it was time to do the nice'ty. However, ever since I started recovering my HPTA post abandoning HRT, there was a lot of talk about morning wood from everyone and its value to guage one's proper function and HPTA recovery. Sure enough, my morning wood has eventually returned back to normal like it used to be a long ago before HRT.

    My questions are:
    - Is there a true value to this Morning Wood guage in the context of proper HPTA function?

    - Do older guys in the fourties for instance have as frequent AM Woods as those in their twenties and thirties?

    - What causes AM Wood and if one doesn't have it, does it mean there's something wrong hormonally?

    - ..... that's it for now... I guess...
    Good Question I have been the one pushing his wood and things working when you have it. I just know when I have wood in the morning my E2 is just right I don't know about HPTA Function. Morning wood is called Nocturnal Erections and yes we should have them as low as we are alive. They are the bodys why to keep your penis healthy.
    Nocturnal erections
    Phil
  3. Senior Member
    Hyde12's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,920
    Rep Power
    1059
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    53.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I too am interested because I rarely have them now ever since pro hormones. I think that it does have something to do with estrogens because I notice when I take an anti-e before bed that I have a greater chance of having them.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde12
    I too am interested because I rarely have them now ever since pro hormones. I think that it does have something to do with estrogens because I notice when I take an anti-e before bed that I have a greater chance of having them.
    Well get it tested if your E2 is high and your SBGH is low take something to bring it down. I was talking to guy on TRT he has no testis and was feeling very hot and having flashing. His E2 was 48 he got some Indolplex/DIM took one tablet a day at dinner time after 4 days he woke with what he called the hardest wood he ever had and he is feeling much better. Don't mess with E2 unless you have a test showing it high you can bring it down to low and it's just as bad as to high.
    PhytoPharmica Indolplex with DIM
    Also take some as per Dr. John TMG it helps wash out the good E's that get converted and bad ones from the liver.
    49% OffTMG Trimethylglycine 750mg 120 caps,Source Naturals - 49% Off Source Naturals T
    Phil
  5. New Member
    SoMdHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    326
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    77.84%

    I can't remember the last time I got morning wood. I'm still not getting it, even with HRT. But I also have a loss of sensation during sex, making it impossible to orgasm. Frustrating as hell. But at least I can get an erection now, which I haven't been able to do for years. So more tweaking will be needed.
  6. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SoMdHunter
    I can't remember the last time I got morning wood. I'm still not getting it, even with HRT. But I also have a loss of sensation during sex, making it impossible to orgasm. Frustrating as hell. But at least I can get an erection now, which I haven't been able to do for years. So more tweaking will be needed.
    The sensation will come back I had this problem. When I got my E2 down and could get it up for sex I could not orgasm would have to finish it off by hand. In 4 months keeping my E2 down it came back. Yet I have days it takes longer.
    Phil
  7. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    Well get it tested if your E2 is high and your SBGH is low take something to bring it down. I was talking to guy on TRT he has no testis and was feeling very hot and having flashing. His E2 was 48 he got some Indolplex/DIM took one tablet a day at dinner time after 4 days he woke with what he called the hardest wood he ever had and he is feeling much better. Don't mess with E2 unless you have a test showing it high you can bring it down to low and it's just as bad as to high.
    PhytoPharmica Indolplex with DIM
    Also take some as per Dr. John TMG it helps wash out the good E's that get converted and bad ones from the liver.
    49% OffTMG Trimethylglycine 750mg 120 caps,Source Naturals - 49% Off Source Naturals T
    Phil
    Programmer what are signs that its too low?
  8. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    Programmer what are signs that its too low?
    The main problem when E2 is to low is one can't get it up even taking Vigira. Brain fog best to do a blood test.
    Phil
  9. Senior Member
    Rogue Drone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,226
    Rep Power
    744
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    70.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ---
  10. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Yes your right on that I was on a noise spray for 2 yrs. a double dose and it did this to me. I at the time had bad ED and could not orgasm. Took L-Histidine and nothing yet my testing this showed it low. Still when I got my Estradiol down my ED got much better and in time I was able to reach an orgasm. At times it still can take a long time so I tried L-H again nothing got better.
    L-Histidine Information
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    The issue of delayed, sometimes to the point of being near impossible, orgasm in older males can be an issue of Histamine production and release.

    Possibilities to correct this are the amino acid L-Histidine as a precursor and/or Niacin as a release agent.

    I had this problem, no lack of vascular response, could'nt cum without excess effort, L-Histidine fixed me up.

    I don't have any allergies, I guess the use of either could aggrevate that if one did.

    I've also read that these two can help Women in this area as well.
  11. Senior Member
    Rogue Drone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,226
    Rep Power
    744
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    70.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ---
  12. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Prgrmmer. Hypothetically speaking if your estrodial is in range and your estrone is elevated, could this cause same symptoms of estrogen dominace depsite your estrodial is optimal and could this excess of bad estrogen could also cause drop in free testosterone. From dr john to prevent this would calcium d glucurate or DIM be the best solution if estrodial is in optimal range. Over tjhe past 3 years estrogen levels have been in optimal range except free test was always low normal and keep pissing out this bad estrogen xylene which makes me wonder if i have a build of bad estrogen that is causing the excess build up of fats in the liver. And i keep finding that excessive estrogen links back to adrenal fatigue, thyroid and insuilin problems.
  13. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    interesting topic....
  14. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro
  15. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    267
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    66.33%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    The issue of delayed, sometimes to the point of being near impossible, orgasm in older males can be an issue of Histamine production and release.

    Possibilities to correct this are the amino acid L-Histidine as a precursor and/or Niacin as a release agent.

    I had this problem, no lack of vascular response, could'nt cum without excess effort, L-Histidine fixed me up.

    I don't have any allergies, I guess the use of either could aggrevate that if one did.

    I've also read that these two can help Women in this area as well.
    What was your L-Histidine regimen? Thanks.
  16. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,390
    Rep Power
    2338
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    13.94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I once read that the body partially fills the penis with blood every half hour to a) maintain proper function and b) ensure the ability is present for times of procreation. Test levels are higher in the morning, and depending on what you dreamt about you might have been watching porn alll night.
  17. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I have had my E2 just right and my Total E's very high this had no effect on my sex life I have found as long as I keep my E2 in check I don't have a problem. When my E2 was high I had sore and hard nipples, could not eat shrimp, go into my hot tub, had a bad rash in the same spots on my body that would not go away, I even had a rash between my toes that nothiing work to rid me of this. I had very bad ED and could not reach an orgasm, I looked Red on the upper part of my body and would sweat alot and could not stand the heat. I would wake up in the middle of the night in what we thought for yrs was a panic attack, had bad brain fog hell I could go on forever here. I had one Dr. after the other try to tell me what was wrong and nothing worked. I read this link some time ago by Lef.
    Male Hormone Modulation Therapy.. HGH replacement, Testosterone Replacement
    I had my E2 tested was dam high tried all kinds or crap to get this down because my Dr. was worried about trying Arimidex after 6 months of this crap I told my Dr. to give me Arimidex that I did not care what my BCBS said about I will pay for it my self if need be. I went on .5 mgs every otherday for 4 weeks and nothing so we did .5 mgs everyday and in less then 4 weeks I had some morning wood that hurt and woke me up. Has sex with my wife but could not reach an orgasm so we finished it by hand I was shocked I had an orgasm for the first time in 10 dam yrs. And all the problems I listed above were gone.
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    Prgrmmer. Hypothetically speaking if your estrodial is in range and your estrone is elevated, could this cause same symptoms of estrogen dominace depsite your estrodial is optimal and could this excess of bad estrogen could also cause drop in free testosterone. From dr john to prevent this would calcium d glucurate or DIM be the best solution if estrodial is in optimal range. Over tjhe past 3 years estrogen levels have been in optimal range except free test was always low normal and keep pissing out this bad estrogen xylene which makes me wonder if i have a build of bad estrogen that is causing the excess build up of fats in the liver. And i keep finding that excessive estrogen links back to adrenal fatigue, thyroid and insuilin problems.
  18. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    I have had my E2 just right and my Total E's very high this had no effect on my sex life I have found as long as I keep my E2 in check I don't have a problem. When my E2 was high I had sore and hard nipples, could not eat shrimp, go into my hot tub, had a bad rash in the same spots on my body that would not go away, I even had a rash between my toes that nothiing work to rid me of this. I had very bad ED and could not reach an orgasm, I looked Red on the upper part of my body and would sweat alot and could not stand the heat. I would wake up in the middle of the night in what we thought for yrs was a panic attack, had bad brain fog hell I could go on forever here. I had one Dr. after the other try to tell me what was wrong and nothing worked. I read this link some time ago by Lef.
    Male Hormone Modulation Therapy.. HGH replacement, Testosterone Replacement
    I had my E2 tested was dam high tried all kinds or crap to get this down because my Dr. was worried about trying Arimidex after 6 months of this crap I told my Dr. to give me Arimidex that I did not care what my BCBS said about I will pay for it my self if need be. I went on .5 mgs every otherday for 4 weeks and nothing so we did .5 mgs everyday and in less then 4 weeks I had some morning wood that hurt and woke me up. Has sex with my wife but could not reach an orgasm so we finished it by hand I was shocked I had an orgasm for the first time in 10 dam yrs. And all the problems I listed above were gone.
    Phil
    Ok i just started that testocreme 10% about 5-6 days and was doing good with morning reactions but just last past few days I feel so sore no motivation and joints are killing me amd just bloated (all signs of extrogen dominace) i was getting a rash as well under neath my pits, and also bad insomina and un usual panic attacks all of sudden as you describes. hmm intersting huh. I do not think it could be low estrogen i am not taking any estrogen blockers another 1 weeks will test again. Wish we had a estrogen blood meter LOL.
    taking 100 mgs of dim could not hurt could it considering i been pissing out bad estrogens (xylene)
  19. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Sounds like your E2 is going up and TRT does this and if your older it's a bigger problem. I don't know what kind of DIM you have but I did a lot of brands and they were not good. I have only had good luck with this brand.
    PhytoPharmica Indolplex with DIM
    Do not do 2 pills a day only one at dinner time and in 4 days ot 7 you will get some dam hard wood this means to me your in the Zone for your E2. Make dam sure you witch this because if the wood stops it for me means my E2 went to low.
    Also as per Dr. John take some TMG at bed time with this to help wash out the E's from your liver.
    49% OffTMG Trimethylglycine 750mg 120 caps,Source Naturals - 49% Off Source Naturals T
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    Ok i just started that testocreme 10% about 5-6 days and was doing good with morning reactions but just last past few days I feel so sore no motivation and joints are killing me amd just bloated (all signs of extrogen dominace) i was getting a rash as well under neath my pits, and also bad insomina and un usual panic attacks all of sudden as you describes. hmm intersting huh. I do not think it could be low estrogen i am not taking any estrogen blockers another 1 weeks will test again. Wish we had a estrogen blood meter LOL.
    taking 100 mgs of dim could not hurt could it considering i been pissing out bad estrogens (xylene)
  20. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    Sounds like your E2 is going up and TRT does this and if your older it's a bigger problem. I don't know what kind of DIM you have but I did a lot of brands and they were not good. I have only had good luck with this brand.
    PhytoPharmica Indolplex with DIM
    Do not do 2 pills a day only one at dinner time and in 4 days ot 7 you will get some dam hard wood this means to me your in the Zone for your E2. Make dam sure you witch this because if the wood stops it for me means my E2 went to low.
    Also as per Dr. John take some TMG at bed time with this to help wash out the E's from your liver.
    49% OffTMG Trimethylglycine 750mg 120 caps,Source Naturals - 49% Off Source Naturals T
    Phil
    Yes very true.
    i take 500 mgs TMG but in the morning , but will swtich it accordingly to bed time. I know i its not low estrogen that for darn sure. I have calcium d glurcurate but i do think DIM would be better. I guess it just took some time for estrogen build up. I also apply the creme on the flnk under near the arm pit in a small area vs the large area i was applying on biceps and I read that can make a difference in slower delivery. Could the appliaction to the biceps in a large area cause a possible elevation in E2?
  21. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I feel you would do much better putting it on your fore arms that is where I use to put the T creams when I was on them.
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    Yes very true.
    i take 500 mgs TMG but in the morning , but will swtich it accordingly to bed time. I know i its not low estrogen that for darn sure. I have calcium d glurcurate but i do think DIM would be better. I guess it just took some time for estrogen build up. I also apply the creme on the flnk under near the arm pit in a small area vs the large area i was applying on biceps and I read that can make a difference in slower delivery. Could the appliaction to the biceps in a large area cause a possible elevation in E2?
  22. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Wont 4 arm cause rapid increase of testosterone with greater chance of e2 increases.
  23. New Member
    SoMdHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    326
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    77.84%

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Drone
    The issue of delayed, sometimes to the point of being near impossible, orgasm in older males can be an issue of Histamine production and release.

    Possibilities to correct this are the amino acid L-Histidine as a precursor and/or Niacin as a release agent.

    I had this problem, no lack of vascular response, could'nt cum without excess effort, L-Histidine fixed me up.

    I don't have any allergies, I guess the use of either could aggrevate that if one did.

    I've also read that these two can help Women in this area as well.
    I happen to have horrible allergies and am currently taking Flonase and Singular. You saying this could also be related to lack of sensation? I never would have related the 2!
  24. New Member
    SoMdHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    326
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    77.84%

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    When my E2 was high I had sore and hard nipples,
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    Has sex with my wife but could not reach an orgasm so we finished it by hand
    This describes me almost to a tee right now. A step up from the severe ED I have had, but still not fully there yet.
  25. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    Wont 4 arm cause rapid increase of testosterone with greater chance of e2 increases.
    Don't know this is what the lab that made told me to do.
    Phil
  26. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    Wont 4 arm cause rapid increase of testosterone with greater chance of e2 increases.
    My understanding is that on balance, when using either T cream or Androgel, cream can be spread over significantly smaller area than gel and results in lesser E2 problem.
    ---------------
    I am not 100% sure about it, however.
    We would have to compare experiences of same person using enough cream or gel to achieve the same T levels.
    ----------------
    At the moment, by what others experience, cream if preferable to gels from E2 POV.
    ----------------
    Hopefully soon I will change from Androgel to T cream and will report my experience.
  27. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I just got the indoplextm Dim so i will start with one a day at dinner time. Its got to be estrogen because 2 days after i started 10% test creme i my memory was incredible, libido so good it wood hurt and now everything just crashed, sore deprssed, bloated IT SUCKS.

    Read DIM decreases estrogen with out affecting e2 to much, but that remains to be seen from users experience

    Dr john what is proper way to absorb T creme. Some say forearms others say under neath the ribs coke can size. I know the faster way would be through for arms thinest skin provided you did not have E2 problems is this correct thinking?
  28. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    I just got the indoplextm Dim so i will start with one a day at dinner time. Its got to be estrogen because 2 days after i started 10% test creme i my memory was incredible, libido so good it wood hurt and now everything just crashed, sore deprssed, bloated IT SUCKS.

    Read DIM decreases estrogen with out affecting e2 to much, but that remains to be seen from users experience

    Dr john what is proper way to absorb T creme. Some say forearms others say under neath the ribs coke can size. I know the faster way would be through for arms thinest skin provided you did not have E2 problems is this correct thinking?
    Estradiol test kit?
    post by 1cc
    11-19-2006, 11:45 PM
    "I use 25mg T cream and 100iu HCG every day."

    1cc is quite conservative, and his T levels are rather low (500's).
    He may be in to something, he feels good, good libido, the works.
    I am shooting for T in 1000's, it may be more than I really need.
    When it comes to T I have been sold on it helping not only ED but mostly helping in cognitive, cardiovascular, muscular and bone areas. But what is the correct level to get such benefits?
    -----------------
    What are your T levels?
  29. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i will check in 2 weeks after starting the creme to get true base line reading. ED, brain fogg and all the other fun symptoms of excessive estrogen lowering free testosterone. Total test is nice but if you can kick up your free test then that is even better. If you got a test of 500 and your free test is out of high range its just as good as having a 1000 mg/dl with mid to low free total test.
  30. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    i will check in 2 weeks after starting the creme to get true base line reading. ED, brain fogg and all the other fun symptoms of excessive estrogen lowering free testosterone. Total test is nice but if you can kick up your free test then that is even better. If you got a test of 500 and your free test is out of high range its just as good as having a 1000 mg/dl with mid to low free total test.
    Eventually I will get to my adrenals and thyroid.
    I have Isocort on my desk.
    I am sometime tired 3-5 PM and 8-10PM, I probably can also call it brain fog because I am letargic at those times.
    I took few times couple of Isocorts, guess what, it worked as a strong coffe works for me in the morning.
    I may have some adrenal fatigue.
    --------------------------------
    Isocort is not that expensive, try it, it may clear your brain fog. Just do not take more than 4 pills at one time and no more than 8 in 24 hours. That may not be completely good advice, as there is such a thing as stress dose, short time high dose during stressfull event.
  31. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Red face


    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz
    Eventually I will get to my adrenals and thyroid.
    I have Isocort on my desk.
    I am sometime tired 3-5 PM and 8-10PM, I probably can also call it brain fog because I am letargic at those times.
    I took few times couple of Isocorts, guess what, it worked as a strong coffe works for me in the morning.
    I may have some adrenal fatigue.
    --------------------------------
    Isocort is not that expensive, try it, it may clear your brain fog. Just do not take more than 4 pills at one time and no more than 8 in 24 hours. That may not be completely good advice, as there is such a thing as stress dose, short time high dose during stressfull event.
    Been on it 3 and 3 8 pm 12 pm.
    The brain fogg just started 4-5 days after starting the 10% creme

    Found this interesting might explain
    why low neutroplhils, WBC, and platelets counts explaining immune suppression

    The combination of deficient cortisol and excess estrogen destabilizes the immune system but also has considerable potential to interfere with thyroid function. The medical literature contains considerable data linking thyroid function and reproduction. Indeed many cases of infertility are treated with thyroid medication. However, thyroid hormones--both endogenous and as medication--may be rendered ineffective to some degree by abnormal levels of cortisol and estrogen that can bind thyroid compounds in the body, impair their cellular uptake, and interfere with T4>T3 transference. (5-7) Thus, a slowing of metabolism can occur that might affect reproduction and even the body's ability to remove excess estrogen.

    Low thyroid function in males is associated with impotence, loss of sperm production and motility, and abnormal morphology. I
  32. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    I just got the indoplextm Dim so i will start with one a day at dinner time. Its got to be estrogen because 2 days after i started 10% test creme i my memory was incredible, libido so good it wood hurt and now everything just crashed, sore deprssed, bloated IT SUCKS.

    Read DIM decreases estrogen with out affecting e2 to much, but that remains to be seen from users experience

    Dr john what is proper way to absorb T creme. Some say forearms others say under neath the ribs coke can size. I know the faster way would be through for arms thinest skin provided you did not have E2 problems is this correct thinking?
    What is ment by coke can size?
    Dia=2.5"
    Height=4.75"
    Circular area=3.14*2.5^2/4=4.9~5inSq

    Rectangular Area=2.5*4.75=11.875~12inSq

    Surface of side of a can=3.14*2.5*4.75=37.3

    So is more like 5 or more like 12 or 37
  33. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    For a 5% gel, apply to one forearm, and use other one to smear around. Be very careful of accidental transfer then.

    For 1% Androgel, you need more surface area:
    Thanks now Does this apply to a 10% cream @ 1cc. Should I take 1/2 cc on each forearm would be better since there would be less surface area to cover. I was on 5 % creme and for some reason it just seem not as thick vs 10% creme. I do know hair grows faster on forearms since applying it there. Wish that could work same way on top of the head for being hairloss
  34. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John
    I don't use 10% creams. In fact, I use only gels.

    Stronger than 5% is too hard to titrate accurately.
    Androgel is 1%
    who makes the 5% gel?
    is it as easy to apply as Androgel?

    .womensinternational??
  35. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ok morning wood is great now joints are very sore LOL cannot win for trying LOL I think DIM ts clearing out bad estrogen but lowering estrodial too much getting blood test soon.
  36. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    Ok morning wood is great now joints are very sore LOL cannot win for trying LOL I think DIM ts clearing out bad estrogen but lowering estrodial too much getting blood test soon.
    I had sore joints and muscles it was my levels were to dam low on gels. I went to shots and HCG and I am not fine no pain and lots of wood.
    Phil
  37. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18
    I had sore joints and muscles it was my levels were to dam low on gels. I went to shots and HCG and I am not fine no pain and lots of wood.
    Phil
    Well after this first test it will be a 4 weeks at 10% if its not built up by now its not going to be. Not wasting no more time. Prgmmmer I been doing some research and something that keeps downing on me. I wish you could some how get the glutemine/glutamatre ratio checked via urine because if elevated glutemate increases nitric oxide and nitric oxide suppresses cortisol levels ..pretty interesting huh. Because the enzyme GAD is what controls conversion from glutamate to glutemine and if you are not converting to P5P then it will be reduced as well you need AKG to for conversion theory by controling ntric oxxide levels one can control cortisol levels and there for argine would be detrminal to adrenal insufficent people and lysine would be been benefical since it suppresses No2. Could I be on to something ?
  38. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Thanks for the heads up I will run this by my Dr. Now back to your joint pain when you get your levels up then your body starts to undo the damage done by low T and you should feel better but it's slow not just the level but undoing the damage.
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973
    Well after this first test it will be a 4 weeks at 10% if its not built up by now its not going to be. Not wasting no more time. Prgmmmer I been doing some research and something that keeps downing on me. I wish you could some how get the glutemine/glutamatre ratio checked via urine because if elevated glutemate increases nitric oxide and nitric oxide suppresses cortisol levels ..pretty interesting huh. Because the enzyme GAD is what controls conversion from glutamate to glutemine and if you are not converting to P5P then it will be reduced as well you need AKG to for conversion theory by controling ntric oxxide levels one can control cortisol levels and there for argine would be detrminal to adrenal insufficent people and lysine would be been benefical since it suppresses No2. Could I be on to something ?
  39. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    New hypothesis: Adrenal insufficiency caused chronic fatigue
    When hypomagnesia is present, or/and the ratio magnesium/calcium is low (lots of calcium, relatively low magnesium levels), the excess calcium levels will cause excess calcium influx into all living cells. This is because magnesium, can only act as a calcium-channel blocker if it is in the right balance with calcium. The calcium influx will cause nitric oxide (NO) synthesis inside the cells. The NO suppresses the adrenals, causing adrenal sufficiency. The low cortisol levels will further increase NO synthesis. This is because the low cortisol levels are making the immune system hyper. This means upregulated nitric oxide and other cytokines. The increased nitric oxide levels will further depress the adrenals. Vicious Cycle.

    How does calcium influx cause NO synthesis
    The calcium binds to calmodulin, which in turn activates different enzymes, including neuronal nitric oxide synthase (NOS). The NOS increases the formation of nitric oxide (NO).

    How does NO cause glutathion depletion
    NO, together with the superoxide anion, forms peroxynitrite, which in turn oxidizes the glutathione.

    How do low cortisol levels cause low eryhtrocytes
    Cortisol stimulates erythropoiesis (the building of new red blood cells). Low cortisol levels explain the borderline anemia commonly seen in CFS and FM, which is not iron anemia. It can only be detected by checking the HTC, because hemoglobin levels will look normal.

    Summary
    Eating lots of carbohydrates will cause excess magnesium excretion, which will result in a low magnesiun/calcium ratio
    Not enough magnesium left to act as calcium channel blocker, result: Increased calcium influx
    Calcium influx will cause excess NO production
    High NO levels will suppress adrenal hormone production
    Low adrenal hormone levels will further increase high NO, inducing a vicous cycle

    Other ways to start the NO vicious cycle
    Ofcourse, the magnesium deficiency is just one way to start the vicious cycle. Any condition that causes excess NO will be able to start the vicious cycle. Think of intestinal bacteria, a viral infection, zinc deficiency, low antioxidant status, elevated stress levels for prolonged times.

    How does adrenal insufficiency cause low blood pressure, hyperkalemia and sodium deficiency ?
    The adrenals produce cortisol, but also aldosterone, which regulates blood pressure, sodium and potassium balance.. Low levels of aldosterone will cause the hyperkalemia, the sodium deficiency and the low blood pressure.. Besides that NO is a potent vascodilator. Excess NO levels in the blood will cause low blood pressure.

    How can L-lysine be of any help ?
    L-arginine, an amino acid is the direct precursor of NO. Without L-arginine, no NO can be formed. Arginine uptake into neurons is controlled by non-NMDA glutamate receptors. This became evident when these receptors were blocked by argninine-uptake inhibitors such as L-lysine which functions as
    antagonist of these glutamate receptors. Eating less arginine and increase the lysine intake will suppress the NO production.

    Great plains lab amio acid analysis will show alot of info. My dr was a moron and did not know how to read it other then go by with what was suggested, but from over a year researching stuff there is alot of hidden information in there especially on proper ways to balance the homocysteine pathays CBS,TMG,folate/b12 Balancing this cured my dpression plus about 10 other peoples I have helped.

    Save Your Brain - Part 2
  40. New Member
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    267
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    66.33%

    hardasnails: interesting physiology lesson. Thank you. Did you come across any info that men taking L-Arginine to improve erections or as a night-time GH stimulator might be doing themselves more harm than good?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 01:21 AM
  2. whats the deal
    By iwinulose2981 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 04:08 PM
  3. Whats the deal with IGF and PCT?
    By BrickedUP in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:19 AM
  4. Whats the deal with finasteride?
    By Jarconis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 08:11 PM
  5. Avodart: Whats the deal?
    By Jarconis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 01:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in